Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Errinna

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bicin View Post
    so, basically this is a sandworm + mini raven?
    Mini sandworm. She can be fireballed, lighting striked etc at full damage. But yes for decks with no burn she is unbeatable.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    Mini sandworm. She can be fireballed, lighting striked etc at full damage. But yes for decks with no burn she is unbeatable.
    Retreat, crippling blow, captured prey, assassination, mind control, raven, jasmine...
    Killing her is not the only viable way to make her useless. :P
    Anyway, activating her ability for 1 or 2cc and disabling an ally for one turn seems closer to mermaids Odissey's style, imo.
    If you want to keep her passive ability, then I can see Defender fitting well: she charms the opponent ally, so she gets the first blow. Then, the ally recovers from the charm, but he's still not entirely focused: this can justify the -2 (or -1? ) damage. Leave the permanent -1 attack, that would be too much.
    Only my ideas on her.
    Oh, and I agree on the art: amazing :)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    Retreat, crippling blow, captured prey, assassination, mind control, raven, jasmine...
    Killing her is not the only viable way to make her useless. :P
    Anyway, activating her ability for 1 or 2cc and disabling an ally for one turn seems closer to mermaids Odissey's style, imo.
    Disabling allies is every powerful ability. If you also can cast it every turn is even more dangerous. Jasmine's costs 2 and locks only attacking, not defending or use of abilities. If an ally had this, it should cost 3+. Any less and you'll have to lower her health, in which case, she becomes unplayable.I may try it with this or another ally in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    If you want to keep her passive ability, then I can see Defender fitting well: she charms the opponent ally, so she gets the first blow. Then, the ally recovers from the charm, but he's still not entirely focused: this can justify the -2 (or -1? ) damage. Leave the permanent -1 attack, that would be too much.
    Only my ideas on her.
    Oh, and I agree on the art: amazing
    I never considered Defender as an option, but it is a great suggestion. I still try to come up with an ability that deals with manipulation, yet nothing so far. Defender it is then.
    At some point I thought I should add another ability Aquatic: Tidal wave has no effect on Errinna. (Just for fun)
    I changed her damage reduction to include all damage dealt, not only attack damage. Anyway, I'm wrapping this one up and moving to the next.
    Brutal Minotaur kills her no matter who attacks whom. Shadow Knight will survive with 1 health, just like her. However if they cross swords (or claws) again he's dead. Raven will take 3 damage, but Errinna will be disabled for good. Armored Sandworm will barely understand she's there, just like Errinna (1 damage to each). Erika Shadowhunter will never, never attack her. Earthen Protector will survive with 1 health and it will deal 3, leaving her at 2. Most 4-cost allies die while most 3-cost allies survive.

Last edited by Anurak; 11-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To be consistent, shouldn't you call it stoneskin 1
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickey293 View Post
    To be consistent, shouldn't you call it stoneskin 1
    Once again I stand corrected. I changed it to Stoneskin 1, but when I see it on her I wonder "How could this delicate thing have Stoneskin?" It does the trick though.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And that's why keywords should never keep flavor references.

Just look at all of the things reused out of Magic's Kamigawa block. Silly Splice onto Arcane and Shrine-type enchantments.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    And that's why keywords should never keep flavor references.

Just look at all of the things reused out of Magic's Kamigawa block. Silly Splice onto Arcane and Shrine-type enchantments.
    I know, but Kamigawa was a bad set for more than 1 reasons. I still cry the money I gave then. I only continued for half a year before I left MtG completely. As for the flavor of abilities, I only used Stoneskin because it was already in the game. I wouldn't mind changing it to something else.
    A way around it would be to use verbs for ability names. "Absorb" could be used to describe an ability that decreases magic damage, and wouldn't create similar problem, no matter who has it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exactly. Hence the sarcasm. There really aren't any other examples in Magic of this poor, unfortunate word choice. None that I can think of, anyways.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sacrifice : 3

3/3

or it didnt happen.
    BLooDRunsCoLD

Tournaments Joined