Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cerberus

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cerberus

New entry. Wanted to try some synergy with a useless card. Don't know if it's good. I was wondering if making HBM free cost while he is on the field is better, or make it draw an extra card. Something along those lines. In the current version i gave it an additional 2 damage that combined with his attack power he could kill a 3cost ally.

Art by Genzoman
    Last edited by Scion; 11-18-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea. The ally itself though is pretty weak, and even with HBL doing 2 damage, that's not a lot of damage/gain you're getting from using them both.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe add an extra draw on hbm too? Hm...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My thought:

The Monsters That Be Here (4)
    4/4 shadow ally
    If you played Here Be Monsters this turn, the first Monsters That Be Here you play is free.
    "It's a monster mash!"
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or make it the other way around. Instead of Cerberus buffing HBM, HBM buffing Cerberus.

For example, for every HBM you play Cerberus gets a +1atk/+2hp and can't be targetted until your next turn.

Or a one turn +3/+3 or something like that.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    My thought:

4/4 shadow ally
    If you played Here Be Monsters this turn, the first Monsters That Be Here you play is free.
    "It's a monster mash!"
    Exactly what I was about to suggest. Only 1 problem. Who plays HBM?
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    My thought:

4/4 shadow ally
    "It's a monster mash!"
    The only problem is why to run Here Be Monster's though? Even with the free ally it's a dead card. Only in late game you could have the benefit of leveling the field a bit if you stayed willingly back in the resource curve and get board presence too. While the rest of the time it would be preferably to not carry HBM and throw a different set of allies than Cerberus inside.

Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Or make it the other way around. Instead of Cerberus buffing HBM, HBM buffing Cerberus.

For example, for every HBM you play Cerberus gets a +1atk/+2hp and can't be targetted until your next turn.

Or a one turn +3/+3 or something like that.
    On the other hand that could be a solution too. But it would still be a weak ally because with 4 health at the early turns it has to survive at least one turn on the field in order to activate a HBM and that would be near to impossible. While on later turns it will cost be 7 cost to get a 5/7 ally or something like that. Still meh.

Maybe if it was as is but instead of adding 2 damage on HBM, it would be: While Cerberus is on the field Here Be Monsters destroys a resource regardless of the number of your resources. (It can be worded better, i know )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post

Maybe if it was as is but instead of adding 2 damage on HBM, it would be: While Cerberus is on the field Here Be Monsters destroys a resource regardless of the number of your resources. (It can be worded better, i know )
    that would be awesome.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea of HBM pumping this guy. Make him a 3/4 for 4 that gets +3/+3 until the start of your next turn whenever you play HBM. Tat would be tight.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tbh i don't like the idea of cards that mention other cards and/or tell the players „This is supposed to be played with that!“ This one's cool though, i suggest changing it to „If Cerberus is in play when an enemy resource is destroyed, deal 2 damage to a target ally.“
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War