Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthen Druid

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This would be a great meta-shifting card. I love it! I agree with Anurak, though, the health should be lowered to 5. The allies that have more than 4-5 HP are able to be balanced specifically because they can be hit by burn + attack. You'll note there aren't any 6-health allies with inherent stealth abilities either.

Also, I don't like the word "Immune" for the ability. It's too vague, not particularly flavorful (what is he "immune" to? Why immune to ability damage and not attack damage? Why isn't it a vaccine against poison? ). I thought of "Warded" as a better word, I'm sure there are others too.

On the whole though, it's a great idea for a card!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Also, I don't like the word "Immune" for the ability. It's too vague, not particularly flavorful (what is he "immune" to? Why immune to ability damage and not attack damage? Why isn't it a vaccine against poison? ). I thought of "Warded" as a better word, I'm sure there are others too.

On the whole though, it's a great idea for a card!
    I agree about the "Immune". I try for the last couple of days to come up with a keyword for that ability and can't think of anything that I like. I finally come up with "Hexproof" only to see in a search that MtG uses it. Most likely I heard it before from a friend, and now that I was trying to find it, it came to me. A shame really. Hexproof. Great word.

Warded is best thing I've seen that matches the ability, but I feel there is another great word out there waiting for us to find it. Come on you English speaking trolls. Where are you when we need you?
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    I agree about the "Immune". I try for the last couple of days to come up with a keyword for that ability and can't think of anything that I like. I finally come up with "Hexproof" only to see in a search that MtG uses it. Most likely I heard it before from a friend, and now that I was trying to find it, it came to me. A shame really. Hexproof. Great word.

Warded is best thing I've seen that matches the ability, but I feel there is another great word out there waiting for us to find it. Come on you English speaking trolls. Where are you when we need you?
    I also like Spellbreaker. Although i like Immune too, because it's easy to understand and self explanatory and from the first time you see in the explanation that it's about spell damage, you remember it easily for the rest of the allies that won't have the explanation. I think it like Stealth and Ambush that they are simple and understandable even without seeing the description. But no problem it can be changed.

About the life points, i know that 6 is a bit much but he is epic. Think it as an Aeon. Of course Aeon can get spell damage and 1 hit by an ally. This guy would need 2 allies to be killed. 2 Jasmines, 1 jasmine and an aldon, 2 bad wolfs, medusils 2 whatever 3 cost allies there are there, except maybe gargoyles (but they are so played that there should be some drawback to them too).

I don't find him overpowered in that sense. Also he can be cbed, retreated, frozen, disabled, can be hit by Logan, darkclaws ability + ss, there are so many removals that even 1 less life can make a difference.

The problem is imo only the allyless decks that are based on a burn death race.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You could be right about the health. As long as you can use non-damage abilities (cb, mc, freeze, web, etc) that is probably good. I also like Spellbreaker better than Warded, you should totally go with that!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah i like Spellbreaker too. He is just an annoying beef. But suggestions aside we seriously need something against spell damage.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory