Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dream Eater

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dream Eater

This is one of the Demon cards I'm working on. I wanted to create a set of 10 abilities and allies and release it when I finish, but you can have a taste with this. What I want to achieve is synergy between the cards in a level we haven't seen in SE yet.

I wanted Demons to be a new faction, so I needed 10 allies, although I'm thinking I should make them shadow class and give only 2-3 class allies. It is the most likely to happen, although Demons have the potential to become a great faction, and I wouldn't like to restrict them. We'll see.

From the cards we have now it works well with Medusil and cards that disable allies. I'm not sure if allies with 0 attack can defend, but I'm guessing not, so add them too .

Art: "Dreamcatcher" by Nicholas Cloister

EDIT: I changed the attack to 3 from 2.

For a complete list of my allies check here.
    Last edited by Anurak; 11-19-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm pretty sure allies with 0 attack don't defend. So this card has synergy with...

Medusil, Crippling Blow, Freeze, Web, Voice of Winter, Snow Sapphire. Am I missing anything? Another good design, Anurak! Possibly make it so that it works off of disabled heroes as well.
    Bacon Berserker of Shadow Era, ETC. Eat. That. Cholesterol.

Read my strategy article, Health is a resource!

Winner of Shadow Era's First Community Flavor Contest! Radiant sunlight and Poor quality

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, really creepy artwork...lol.
    Bacon Berserker of Shadow Era, ETC. Eat. That. Cholesterol.

Read my strategy article, Health is a resource!

Winner of Shadow Era's First Community Flavor Contest! Radiant sunlight and Poor quality

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Sark View Post
    I'm pretty sure allies with 0 attack don't defend. So this card has synergy with...

Medusil, Crippling Blow, Freeze, Web, Voice of Winter, Snow Sapphire. Am I missing anything? Another good design, Anurak! Possibly make it so that it works off of disabled heroes as well.
    I thought about it, but dismissed it as too powerful. Since the heroes cannot defend in their turn using allies, any hero who has not equiped a weapon is done. Discard should be more difficult to achieve.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    great artwork, though looks more like an ability from design. lol you need to make a simple card gaming program to check how your own cards work=)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    great artwork, though looks more like an ability from design. lol you need to make a simple card gaming program to check how your own cards work=)
    Since the official game still has bugs, I doubt it would be simple. Although LackeyCCG can be used to simulate games that use cards. I have played many times solo Lord of the Rings - The living card game and is really great if you want to test a card game, but I don't know how much work is to create a set of cards for a new game. Might be worth it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    lackey looks interesting. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow. Can't be that hard to make a shadow era plugin for it. I'll let you know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    P.S. Anurak, you should be hired with CalmDown for your ideas. Some cards and ideas are stunning.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Both the card art and flavor text scare me Very cool effect though ! I love making opponents discard

a brain...in a jar...on a shelf...somewhere
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome...I like the mechanic, not sure about a Demon class though. I could see both Humans and Shadow using a Demon, like the Mercenaries.

There should always be a downside to using Demons (like in MTG). Loss of health, card, etc.
    My Portfolio - All of my creations in one spot.