Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So, so close! But not quite

Alright fellow ninjas, I'm talking Elad Burn decks.

1. What are your overall strategies with your deck vs this?

2. What are you saving for counters against her?

3. What's your success like against em?

I've played plenty of em, and every time I've lost... BUT in all but 1 that I can remember the games have been close... Painstakingly close. In more than 2 occasions the game ended with them at under 5 HP, and in 2 other cases it ended with them at 5 HP or less.

Seriously I'm not sure what the difference maker is in these games.

I'm using a lance deck with emphasis on getting raven, and erika out. However against magic opponents I will typically sac all but one of my Erikas. Simply because she's an easy kill with Lightening, but an effective nuke if you can keep her up.

I try to get some protectors out there in combination with my attackers. So instead of dropping birg on turn 1 I wait till turn four and drop her with my Jasmine. This keeps my jasmine up for at least another turn and possibly even more if the opponent doesn't have LS, or AB to down my Birg. If they don't take Birg down I actually gain even more momentum as the next turn it's time for either Erika, or Raven.

I very rarely stack 2 birges at the board at once. As they can use one spell to knock them off so I stagger them between deaths. If I Get Aeon he goes out regardless of birg on field.

The ability is saved for one of the fatties of course. All things considering I'm still 10+ and 0 against good Elad Burn decks. If I see one playing mostly allies by turn 5 I pretty much know it's game over for them. I just don't have a hard time killing off ally dependant decks and if that's what they're playing 9/10 times it's someone just starting.

Would like to hear from some of the guys from the players being talked up in the "Who's the best rogue player" forum :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow i dont know of any strategies for lance decks....but the fact that you got to drop an elad by -5 hp WITH a lance deck imo is already very impressive.
    only after you open and understand the purpose of the 50 levels may you enter the 51st. but, i warn, after you enter the 50th there is no turning back, and if you fail to understand death, then you will never be worthy of resurrection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is a very good post about how to counter a death race : http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....the-death-race
    My suggestions are to sac Erika against mages, they can be killed too easily with a lightning bolt. The draw engine destruction solution is my favourite, sending a bazaar or research back to their hand with a misplaced on turn 2 is very helpful to take early board control and make them lose both card advantage and tempo. Stop thief can do miracles in later game. Also, i personally have 4 Kris and 4 Jasmine plus some Aldons and reconnaissance in my game, that gives a good chance to establish early board presence and deal a lot of early damage before the nova kicks in. Late game allies are Raven or Aeon because they can both do good damage and resist a nova. If at any point you can force your opponent to use his fireballs or his skill on your allies instead of your hero, that's a good step towards victory.

This is the best i can tell you but even if you play like this you'll still need some luck. Rogues are too weak in this version to have some real hope against a skilled Eladwen player. Fortunately, most of them are not skilled and they'll panic if they get too much early damage.

EDIT : I reread your OP and wanted to precise : I really like Brigitte against some opponents but against Eladwen Kris is definitely much more useful.
    Last edited by mightyfrog; 11-14-2011 at 07:53 PM.