Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1.28 sadness

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In a perfect world, clients would be able to auto-update within the client by passing iTunes all together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    In a perfect world, clients would be able to auto-update within the client by passing iTunes all together.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was soundly defeated by b0hater 1-2. Nicely done!
    Team Juggernauts ELDER
    Winner of TLOTpSGR 1.28 Tournament
    PFGs member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfWill View Post
    Following a "Go learn english" with an "Even me understand" its quite funny. I'm not native english spoken, what about you?
    lol
    Isn't that what you are asking for? To delay the rest of the versions? It was plain easy to understand that in your posts. Perhaps you want to magically have the iOS version without Apple approval...guess what, you can't have that. You gotta wait. The rest of the world doesn't.
    Obviously english isn't my native language (i though it was yours), and every old forum members know that it's shit (my english), :P, (that's the reason why i said "even i understand"). As long as they understand me, with time i'm improving it.

About your question, since english isn't easy to understand, i'll give you a hint :

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    Im asking what Wulven intends to do, if anything so I can decide if I should drop SE or not, which I felt was clear in the OP.

Pete
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, here's the thing: SE is an online game with an online client. The iOS version is a downloadable game client, thus it must be updated.

The ideal situation is to have the app stream the game, like you would with a web browser on a pc. That way, you change what's on the game server and it changes everywhere without the need to download a new client. You don't even need an in-app download through the app store, you can bypass apple completely.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    Okay, here's the thing: SE is an online game with an online client. The iOS version is a downloadable game client, thus it must be updated.

The ideal situation is to have the app stream the game, like you would with a web browser on a pc. That way, you change what's on the game server and it changes everywhere without the need to download a new client. You don't even need an in-app download through the app store, you can bypass apple completely.
    Based on the way Kyle replied to this thread may me wonder how comprehensive the current (1.28) in-app update work. It may just update as little as game bug/glitches fix, whereas new game rule, new ability or even new card may need the new client to download again.

Obviously I more than happy to be prove otherwise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We are still planning to go ahead with the "wait for Apple with synched updates on all platforms" route in the future...

About the auto updates, we do not have the ability to update game code on iOS through the in-game updater. We can only update resources and parsed scripts, so any new features in the game will require a full client update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing that I find kind of funny is that Wulven initially said they will be doing synced releases but I'm assuming that this version was released early because of all those people complaining about having releases more often and not getting any updates for such a "long" time. Granted, Wulven probably didn't expect it to take this long to release the IOS update. We probably wouldn't have such an issue if it wasn't rejected in the first place.

As a player that uses all the platforms (web, PC, android, Ipad) to play the game (but most often IOS until recently), I don't really see an issue with a synced release just as long as we don't know it's already available on the other platforms.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We are still planning to go ahead with the "wait for Apple with synched updates on all platforms" route in the future...

About the auto updates, we do not have the ability to update game code on iOS through the in-game updater. We can only update resources and parsed scripts, so any new features in the game will require a full client update.
    Apple isn't only screwing his users, they're screwing all of us. Now that we are having quick new updates, we will have them delayed again because of apple.

F$CK APPLE!!
    Last edited by B0HATER; 11-15-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    I was soundly defeated by b0hater 1-2. Nicely done!
    Team Juggernauts ELDER
    Winner of TLOTpSGR 1.28 Tournament
    PFGs member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Going into week 4 is definitely a tipping point for many of us. There's really only so long that iOS users can wait for the update before it becomes stupid. We're being patient right now, but how long do you think it's fair for us to wait. Honestly, I was very addicted to this game a while ago, but I've been waiting so long that my interest is really starting to dimish. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here...
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sorta feeling the same. Went into 1.27 today and half my matches were against 70 card plus nish decks. I never thought I'd miss darkclaw.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ