Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Deck Size

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A Deck Size

I started playing a few weeks ago, and I've noticed that most decks that are referred to usually have 30-40 decks. Is having a 60 card deck frowned upon in the community. I'm used to playing in MtG tourneys and having 60 cards, but I don't want to use the 60 if it's something considered gamey.

On another note for people who do play MtG: Blue/Black combination for the win!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AbYsMaL View Post
    I started playing a few weeks ago, and I've noticed that most decks that are referred to usually have 30-40 decks. Is having a 60 card deck frowned upon in the community. I'm used to playing in MtG tourneys and having 60 cards, but I don't want to use the 60 if it's something considered gamey.

On another note for people who do play MtG: Blue/Black combination for the win!!
    If you would consider playing Magic: The Gathering with a 90 card deck, you are probably fine. If not, you should slim it down to 40. There's a whole lot of mathematics behind it, but basically you are killing the odds of drawing your winners if you water out your deck with cards like that.
    Last edited by Bridge Mill; 11-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I don't really have a whole lot of winners in my deck, but I like using cards that play off of an ability that my hero or another ally has, or make the allies stronger than what they really are.

On a side note, in Magic I'm required to have 60 card mininum in a tourney. That accounts for 20-24 land cards, several creatures and spells, and a few equipment and special cards. This doesn't include the 15-card sideboard that we have in the tourney. I play the physical card game, not the Duels of the Planeswalker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome!!!

As a magic player I found SE a lot quicker and as such to have a proven strategy you are best limiting your deck size.... Only 4weeks ago you could have a 30 card deck... The recent update increased this to 40.

You can play with any decks over 40, however after a few weeks playing you soon realise the dynamics of SE is different to MAGIC and most likely you will lose more duels then win... Saying that, the game is new and as such there is plenty of space to explore a card heavy deck with a proven strategy....

Good hunting
    "fairwell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!"

Proud member of ETC
    1.28 Tournament winner
    Entertaining the Cosmos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Consider in MtG you need mana, and usually its around 1/3 of the deck, so just cut that out and you will be fine. I recommend a 40 card deck unless way more card drawing comes in the next version.
    I enjoy this game more than MtG so far and was a little shocked, as a first version it is extremely good, except for Drakclaw and his no ally 40 minute long games lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah ok. So now let's assume my best card is a 5 cost card. How many resource cards would be recommended?

Also, I'm a bit perplexed at Banebow's ability. Do I have to have an Fire Arrow card out, or is the ability like Fire Arrow, except that it uses SE instead of Resources? I just didn't want to make another forum post yet. I'm still trying to find a way to access this forum via my Android.
    Last edited by AbYsMaL; 11-13-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Depending on deck strategy you should probably sac a card for resource every round down to at least round 6-7-8. After that it's on a basis of needs and what card drawing mechanisms you are using. You are likely getting some "dead cards" mid- or late-game which can be sac:ed for resource as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AbYsMaL View Post
    Do I have to have an Fire Arrow card out, or is the ability like Fire Arrow, except that it uses SE instead of Resources?
    No need for additional card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So around 6-8 resources for a game, assuming I don't get hit with resource smashing cards. Well, at least for now that seems to answer my questions. I'm going to go and see about changing my deck for 40 cards and proceed to the slaughter . Thanks for all the help.

Also, I found the app. Tap2Talk or something around those lines.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, that's good

***rummages through the 60 boosters I bought*** WHY DID I BUY THE BOOSTERS FOR THE FIRE ARROW THEN?? POR QUE!!!!!!!!!