Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creepy Glutton

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've edit it with a 2 ressources cost to eat. Looks like better, i'm not seing it OP this way. Am i wrong ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let me demonstrate just how OP this thing would be in an Elementalis deck:

You t1 Creepy Glutton
    They t1 nothing/Fire Snake/Spark/Kris/Birgette
    You t2 Life Infusion, eat any allies if applicable
    They t2 Summon 2cc ally/Retreat
    You t3 If they casted an ally, play a second Creepy Glutton and Life Infusion on that then eat their ally. If they played Retreat, play 2 Creepy Glutton, Elementalis on one, and Life Infusion the other next turn.

Congratulations, you now have board control until turn 9 (when they can summon 3 3cc allies) and by that point you would have a couple Plasma Behemoths out, obliterating everything since nothing can oppose them. So what counters this strategy? Retreat!? Nope. You use 2cc casting Retreat! and they use 1cc to cast Creepy Glutton and use Elementalis's ability/Life Infusion on them again. Flaming/Poison Arrow? Sort of, but keep in mind Elementalis gives you +1 attack +3 health every 3 turns, so Flaming/Poison Arrow would be doing 1 damage per turn, which means a single Creepy Glutton can still keep board control 4-5 turns, which is still enough to win the game most of the time. Mage decks? Sort of, but having to focus all of your spells on Creepy Glutton gives the enemy plenty of chances to kill you, and using Shadow Font + Elementalis with Life Infusions means Mages use so many spells to kill it that they run out of firepower for your hero and lose. So, the only counters for it are board wipes that ignore health and as far as I know only priests and elementals have that. That, or the ability to kill a single ally regardless of health, which Logan and Boris have. Technically rogues could use Kris + Assassination to kill them, but that only kills 1 Creepy Glutton, letting a second eat the Kris and then you summon a third. Even Boris doesn't work that well since he can only kill one of them every 4 turns, so you can just summon your second, third, and more if you use Shadow Knight, and he loses. Then there are allyless decks such as Darkclaw. So the only things that can beat Creepy Glutton + Life Infusion + Elementalis are priests, elementals, Logan, and Darkclaw. It still seems pretty OP to me, regardless of how much Shadow energy it takes to use his attacks.

Edit: I think costing 2 resource for his ability solves this problem fairly well. Now I just wasting all this time writing this wall of text....

a brain...in a jar...on a shelf...somewhere
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately SE isn't designed to allow two activated abilities. All cards have only one "Ability" button. You will notice that some of the cards that i create will say, "Hero loses all abilities and gains: [new ability]". I did this because the program isn't designed to give you two "Ability" buttons. Not sure if they are going to include it either.
    My Portfolio - All of my creations in one spot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Unfortunately SE isn't designed to allow two activated abilities. All cards have only one "Ability" button. You will notice that some of the cards that i create will say, "Hero loses all abilities and gains: [new ability]". I did this because the program isn't designed to give you two "Ability" buttons. Not sure if they are going to include it either.
    But here, you only need one button : You click on it. If there is an ally to kill, you have to target it, if not, it will use hero energy.

@ Dark Void : :P
    Also, i though of making him unique to nerf him a bit.