Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Serena is better than jericho right now.

Don't believe me? Go try it. Jericho sucks so much as he is that it's pretty pointless to try playing him.

Now zhanna is still ok. She has a fighting chance.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeh Jericho is dead. He was useful before because his ability prevented people from playing attachable abilities knowing they would be instantly dealt with.

Now, however, there are so many low cost attachable cards that he has no hope of removing them all. Worse yet, he now can't use Wizents well because then he won't be able to remove ANY attached effects. Not only that but he can only get rid of one attached effect at a time - you can cast BF and enrage knowing that he can only get rid of one thing.

It's fun now to play warrior against his old nemesis Jericho knowing that I can still spam CB and BF with impunity. By the time he gets to use his ability I could have already cast three attachables.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    Yeh Jericho is dead. He was useful before because his ability prevented people from playing attachable abilities knowing they would be instantly dealt with.

Now, however, there are so many low cost attachable cards that he has no hope of removing them all. Worse yet, he now can't use Wizents well because then he won't be able to remove ANY attached effects. Not only that but he can only get rid of one attached effect at a time - you can cast BF and enrage knowing that he can only get rid of one thing.

It's fun now to play warrior against his old nemesis Jericho knowing that I can still spam CB and BF with impunity. By the time he gets to use his ability I could have already cast three attachables.
    +1. Jericho is dead. In tis version, might as well use Zhanna.

I cannot fathom why Jericho ability was changed to this version.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Using Jericho in 1.28 is mostly getting the below picture.......

They minus 2 rating from you free of charge....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jericho doesn't seem at all dead to me. People talk as though he needs to dispel every single attachment in order to win, which is obviously not true. I don't even think he needs a buff; the new Jericho is actually more fun to play, because you have to choose between dispels and Wizent's Staff. The healing is minor, but it has swung about as many games as the life loss from Blood Frenzy has for me. These things add interestingness and should not be changed back.

I've just been playing quick matches (no organised play), so I haven't exactly been coming up against the toughest of opponents, but I've been winning with exactly the same deck I used in 1.27. My breakdown of Jericho's matchups goes like this:

- Even against Eladwen (who is about as tough but not tougher than the old Majiya)
    - Better than average against non-Logan warriors and elementals
    - Vastly superior against Darkclaw
    - Below average against Logan and Victor but both matchups still entirely winnable. Depending on the metagame you might be able to fix this with a simple deck tweak, such as using Cover of Night, but I haven't experimented with this yet. Victor is one of the matchups where the healing from dispels can actually be quite evident.
    - Slight disadvantage against Zhanna, but that has always been true

In my mind, that basically fulfills all the requirements to put him near the top tier, with the only thing preventing him from being there being the prevalence of Logan. I've never really understood why people thought Jericho was weak in 1.27 either, which was a warrior-filled metagame.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    No. Just no.

Maybe you play at low rating or something, but jericho is worthless. Go play him in a tourney. You'll find out the hard way.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not really sure why you think rating is relevant in the current system, but if you must know, I used to sit at over 300 back when it was possible to maintain that rating. Now I hover at 220 mostly using Jericho, often losing points for games I win. Seriously though, it's all irrelevant; most people in quick match don't even play 40 card decks. Good to hear your arguments though!

Also, I don't expect to win with Jericho in a tourney. He's not top tier in my mind. However, the reason for that is mostly Logan, and the fact that the Eladwen matchup is a bit touch-and-go and relies on luck somewhat (it's not very interesting to play; who wins depends on how the decks are laid out more than the decisions the players make, in my opinion anyway). The question was whether priests are dead, and I do expect to win more than I lose with Jericho. If you're losing with Jericho in the majority of your matchups, you're either getting Logan all the time, your deck is bad, or you're playing badly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squix View Post
    Not really sure why you think rating is relevant in the current system, but if you must know, I used to sit at over 300 back when it was possible to maintain that rating. Now I hover at 220 mostly using Jericho, often losing points for games I win. Seriously though, it's all irrelevant; most people in quick match don't even play 40 card decks. Good to hear your arguments though!

Also, I don't expect to win with Jericho in a tourney. He's not top tier in my mind. However, the reason for that is mostly Logan, and the fact that the Eladwen matchup is a bit touch-and-go and relies on luck somewhat (it's not very interesting to play; who wins depends on how the decks are laid out more than the decisions the players make, in my opinion anyway). The question was whether priests are dead, and I do expect to win more than I lose with Jericho. If you're losing with Jericho in the majority of your matchups, you're either getting Logan all the time, your deck is bad, or you're playing badly.
    I doubt it is my deck nor my playstyle, given the guild I am in.

Maybe you just play vs cruddy players? Amber and logan laugh at jericho. Darkclaw as well, believe it or not.

Even soothslyr, my bud and a fellow member of the guild we are in agrees. Jericho is dead.

I mention rating because there is a difference between 180+ and 180-. If you can't reach 180 and up, you're a shoddy player. Specific rating doesn't mean jack, but general based on the meta does.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say that I don't think I've lost any games this version against Jericho in the last month.

Thing is, while you dont have to dispel every single attachment for Jericho to work, fact of the matter is that if you want to use Wizents now you can't dispel anything and Jericho now loses badly to warriors who can us BF, enrage, CB basically as much as they want. Even hunters now are more viable because they can spam their arrows against your allies and there's really not a whole lot you can do about it.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Priests are still playable, especially in quick game. In high-level competitive games, they are at most tier 2 or 2.5.

Zhanna can win some games with Eladwin, Jericho can win some games with warriors. But even though at their favorite match-up it is still not auto-win. Hard time for priests.
    The Hidden Dragon of A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory