Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Smile Priests aren't dead!

I'm not very sure why people say priests are unplayable now. I actually believed it in the beginning and stopped playing priests for a while. But after some time I got bored with the Darkclaw solitary combos and Logan and Boris destruction and went back to working with priests, my all-time favorite heroes. They aren't as unplayable as people may infer. The reason, I think, that people say it's not very good is that there are better, more efficient, and consistent decks out there, which I completely agree on. Nevertheless, priests still have amazing support cards, card draw, and card pool!

IMO, Zhanna is probably better than Jericho now, but Jericho's ability can come in handy once in a while (probably should be 3 SE? Not sure.)

I will, most likely, post my priests decks on the forums and would like for you guys to try out and receive some feedback.

Share your thoughts about if priests are dead or not.

You might say, "well, you said it yourself. There's better decks so why should I even consider trying priests in the first place?" Well think of it like this, the fun is in the challenge.
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a good Zhanna atm They aren't dead at all. Just not tier 1 and they have a very hard time beating tier 1.

For example, good luck beating a Logan with your Zhanna. He can kill an ally of you for 3SE. You can heal for 3 hp with 3SE... Very useful, yet it will not grand you board control.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Who said priests are dead...? Zhanna is whooping tail all over the place (even Logan's).
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zhanna is viable but Jerico is not sadly!
    LeiBruc - A1's Kung Fu Master - A1 : Luck is for the meek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    I have a good Zhanna atm They aren't dead at all. Just not tier 1 and they have a very hard time beating tier 1.

For example, good luck beating a Logan with your Zhanna. He can kill an ally of you for 3SE. You can heal for 3 hp with 3SE... Very useful, yet it will not grand you board control.
    Very true. Logan is a bitch to almost all decks that's even remotely ally based. I find it is very easy to defeat a Dark Claw with a priest without misplaced or the currently sad Shriek, and that is what I like most about it. Priests can be a challenge to play but a very fun experience. I like Jericho just for the sake of it's formerly rein of terror .
    On a side note, Tidal Wave FTW.
    My decks (More to come)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Who said priests are dead...? Zhanna is whooping tail all over the place (even Logan's).
    Ehh maybe not Logan, MOST of the time. Yes that's is exactly what I'm saying. They aren't. Many people just inferred that and it's dramatically uncommon now to find a player using a priest.
    My decks (More to come)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zhanna is great ! A well tuned Zhanna can beat everything except Logan imo. Priests are certainly not dead... but with all the Logan decks running rampant it can be frustrating to play at times

I guess you said it best though ~ the fun is in the challenge ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    priest have the best item destruction card in the game now that shriek has been nerfed, so i dont get the misplaced and shriek part of this discussion.

as to logan... think a bit out of the box... use a card that people have said is worthless because of the cost. its called cover of night. your allies cannot be attack for 2 turns but they can still attack. shuts logans ability down cold since he needs to attack an ally to kill it. that with holy shield on your priest and he cant do anything next turn to you or your allies. (except possible crippling blow) ice storm works wonders as well. sometimes its better to use an ice storm than a tidal wave. especially if your allies are protected behind a cover of night from last turn and will still be protected on logans next turn. works well overall, but against logan. amber and gwen... if played well, none of them can beat you.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 11-12-2011 at 05:29 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    priest have the best item destruction card in the game now that shriek has been nerfed, so i dont get the misplaced and shriek part of this discussion.

as to logan... think a bit out of the box... use a card that people have said is worthless because of the cost. its called cover of night. your allies cannot be attack for 2 turns but they can still attack. shuts logans ability down cold since he needs to attack an ally to kill it. that with holy shield on your priest and he cant do anything next turn to you or your allies. (except possible crippling blow) ice storm works wonders as well. sometimes its better to use an ice storm than a tidal wave. especially if your allies are protected behind a cover of night from last turn and will still be protected on logans next turn. works well overall, but against logan. amber and gwen... if played well, none of them can beat you.
    Well said. Zhanna can reach a high enough resource count to be able to combo allies + cover of the night. Also, Sandworm has a good chance of surviving Logan's ability, especially if you bring a few copies of Poor Quality and/or Reinforced Armor. And if he cripples them you can just Tidal Wave when appropriate and resurrect them later.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the only reason priests arent dead is because there is no other priest alive to officially burry them...

oh!and because there are worse decks like serena or baduruu
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega