Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bad santa is negative card advantage. If you and your opponent each have one card and yours is bad santa, then now you have three and your opponent has four. The exception to this is the santa bomb, where your opponent has at least four cards already in their hand. Since a player can have no more than seven cards, you can end up gaining card advantage instead, and if you have a 1-drop on the play you can do this for a huge bonus on turn two. However, as the game goes longer you'll rarely get a chance to do this, so unless you really need to draw a specific card or lose it's generally best to not give the opponent the one card advantage over you.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice read, especially the history part but I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    You should never build a deck thinking on what you're going to sac, you build it think on what you're going to play, the decision on what to sac can only be made during the game.
    Someone mentioned it before where a good deck is where you're always agonizing over each sac because each card is important. There are some auto-sacs like the extra BF against all other heroes except Jericho. However, others might not be that simple. In my deck with 2 War Banners, even with one out, I still hesitate sac'ing that if I'm against a hero that has the ability to destroy it because I need that Banner out in most cases to make my deck work efficiently.

I'd rather build my decks considering on the probabilities on getting a particular card when I need it rather than as possible resource fodder.