I see people discuss about this topic in Eeathen Protector thread. I'm also confused about it so I would like to detach it to a new thread here.

Here is some initiate discussion:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterStrategist View Post
does he? bloodlust doesnt have to be ln board for the effect to remain. when ter adun destroys blood lust its effect still stays, unless they changed it

if they die at the same time it seems like it could be either way
Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
[B]

@MasterStrategist For Bloodlust, it only mentions "Your allies have +2 attack until the end of your turn" so even if you destroy it, the effect is not supposed to wear off. For cards with the "Ongoing" keyword, their effects would cease if the card is removed from play.
Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
AnAdolt: Most things in the item area turn off immediately when destroyed, such as Rain Delay. Ongoing usually refers to anything that wont eventually wear off on its own. Most people don't destroy their own Bloodlusts (although can you cast 2 then?) and opponents never get the chance to.

Earthen Protector isn't bugged, but Bloodlust might be.
Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
Actually, it's Rain Delay that is not working properly. Technically, its effect should not be removed when Rain Delay is destroyed. For example, if you play Full Moon, its effect will last until your next turn, as mentioned on the card. Or if you remove Net Trap from an ally, it will still be exhausted for another turn. That's because its effect is not Ongoing so its removal will not remove its effect as well.

I think originally these Ability cards were put into the Item slot to ensure players are aware of the fact that their effect are still taking effect. In the near future, we will ratify the Ongoing keyword and Ability cards that go into the Item slot so that's its more clear what should and shouldn't happen.
So, in my opinion, should we clearly classify abilities into 2 class:

On-going: The effect of this card will stay together with the card, if this card is removed or retreated, the effect lost.

Permanent: Once this card is casted, the effect will stay until it finish by itself, remove the card won't remove the effect (or the card cannot be removed to help people know it still effect)

However, if we do this, the game would change forever. Darkclaw will be undefeatable, and item destruction cards will be useless in some case. Also, we might need to release new class of card: Effect removal (at that time, frozen by Snow Sapphire can be removed, and so others. So complicated @_@)

I might miss some points because I haven't played much. Please correct me if I was wrong and share your opinion about this.