Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated to include my 1.29 "Frost Burn"
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just had an excellent game using this deck, thought I would put it up to show how an Eldawen deals with 3 Aeons in play.

Wreonchkusi vs bigluva79

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's certainly not as strong now at the top level given how the meta has shifted but it's still a good and can pal quite a whollop. It just has some more bad match ups than the control version is all.

But as you say, with the addition of dagger AND retreat it can certainly keep the board nice and clean while you aim all your burn directly at the hero

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think your deck is insanely efficient...but one thing you have to watch out for are healing and armor. The werewolf class is really going to give you a hard time since they have a regeneration card which heals 4 damage AND removes effects to my knowledge. Then if that wasn't bad enough, the new Elementalis is a BEAST. I've been making my decks based on if i can either decisively beat it with the most annoying cards. I know this isn't an Elementalis thread, but if you don't mind, I'd like to post the deck you should test against for AI.

I like the mission-oriented nature of your deck/s, but it's reliant on an unprotected/unhealed opponent. People are getting a little wiser and I find are bringing armor more. I know fireball and such ignores armor. Of course i'm just assuming partially, but I've been using this great hero since Majiya was actually legit with the drawing mechanic. I'll be back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh and btw, i watch the bigluva match and lol @ the explosion, was wondering how you'd get out of that lol, but when i saw the first one, i knew there had to be a second one. The only thing though...if you wouldn't have drawn the cards you did...idk, might have been even "closer." If you know what I mean. Anyways, I'm gonna try to keep tuning my deck and ill check back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    oh and btw, i watch the bigluva match and lol @ the explosion, was wondering how you'd get out of that lol, but when i saw the first one, i knew there had to be a second one. The only thing though...if you wouldn't have drawn the cards you did...idk, might have been even "closer." If you know what I mean. Anyways, I'm gonna try to keep tuning my deck and ill check back
    Actually, I was collecting Supernova's in my hand since early, and realised half way that there was no nuking Aeons to death, which is when I started annoying him with my disabled Jasmines, to the point that he over casted and went all the way to end them, not realising I wasn't actually playing any spells (other than one retreat to further delay him), and sac-ing to resource to hit 10. I don't think I could have handled another Aeon coming back in play, and thanks to his 3 Aeons in play, I was confident that I could get them all in one shot.

To be honest, I had quite a bad hand, and the last draw I finally drew like 2 Fireballs, but I decided the poetic SuperNova to end him together with his ally and leaving me at 1 hp was way cooler to end the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    One of the good things about this style of deck is that it IS efficient as you say and you almost always have a useful card in hand to play. It's not a case of IF you draw the right cards but what order you draw the cards you need lol. All your draws are going to be useful (almost)

As for heal - I touched on it before but most heroes can't outheal the speed at which you can heap on damage. With a good draw you kill any hero by t7 - there's just not enough heal to cope there. Zhanna has a chance as she has her ability AND a heal card. Elementalis has a chance with a buffed up brute (7 heal for 4cc). Darkclaw you wouldn't start nuking until you are set up anyway so early game you probably aren't going to attack much (unless you think you can take him out by t7 without getting locked down)

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome deck, but i have found logan with a Berzerker's Edge was beating me since i couldn't misplace it.

I like it a lot though, and I made this change to it with that in mind.

4 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 x Jasmine Rosecult
    3 X Aldon the Brave

4 x Lightning Strike
    4 x Fireball
    4 x Supernova

3 x Retreat!
    2 x Misplaced

4 x Bad Santa
    3 x Research

4 x Dagger of Unmaking

Edit: Also testing -1 dagger and -1 jasmine for +2 snow sapphire.

My logic was basically that i have seen a lot of Eladawens combo Aldon into their puwens and jasmines to inflict heavy damage in the first 4 turns. Even if the opponent takes back board control, it is often enough damage to make it impossible for them to survive DD spells that follow them up in the next 3 turns. Sometimes I have seen eladawens use kris instead of jasmine and do massive damage by turn 4... but i can see that not working out as well with bad draws or against certain decks.

I also was frustrated getting misplaced against Logan/gwen/Amber when they had their 5+ cost weapons out. At that point they were useless.

I took out one research over one santa because i have found that i generally don't use research, even if it is on the field, in the first 4-5 turns. Perhaps its my recent draw luck or sac style but I generally have other cards that are more important to play in the beginning of a game. Granted this way it does give a higher statistical chance of giving more cards to the opponent as you noted in your other thread. With that in mind if it takes a bit longer, statistically speaking, to get the research into my hand, that seems to be ok.

Sometimes i think doing 4 retreat and 3 jasmines would be better.... but i can't decide on that one. Also was thinking of working with those 2 to put an extra misplace in.. perhaps 3 jasmines for 3 misplaced.

You got a lot more experience than i do, but that seemed to make it easier for me to take down logan before he Bezerker stomped me. What i posted ends up being a hybrid between your controlled burn and frost burn decks.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 12-22-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep, this can work just as well.

If you are finding problems with draw you can try substituting research with bazaar. Often I find it is better against warriors to go with the research though as it encourages them to play blood frenzy and the extra damage they take can really turn a close match.

You can always try -1 dagger of unmaking for +1 retreat - you don't necessarily need 4 daggers as you are wanting them t5 or 6 anyway whereas you prefer to have retreat earlier.

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ive been curious, as a new player im still trying to find the best uses for the cards. Im well versed in concepts of card advantage and tempo and all those goodies so I just need a few things cleared up.

Im not too sure why retreat is so popular in the elad decks. Doesnt is have a ton of removal and board wipes already? I havent played many meta decks so im just shooting blind here. Are there popular fattys out there that are big enough problems for us that we need to use "unsummon"? just seems like a card to kill them or draw more to kill them would be more useful, so i need some insight.