Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    you are right. Elementalis is one of the decks we are likely to post.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ::sigh::
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    great deck ! It was fun testing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does this deck have a good winning rate? I have my own Elad build which gets me to 203 and got stuck between 190 - 200 since.
    I seem to not be able to increase my rating with this deck either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It sure does. I went on a 25 game winning streak with it and went from a rating of 197 (where I was after initial deck testings) to 223. I've subsequently dropped back down as I've moved on to other decks but I'm pretty confident I can jump back up to those rankings with this deck.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I may build this when 1.28 moves to my phone. Solid list.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't played for awhile, but is bazaar/BS the standard draw engine for non-warriors decks now?

I brewed up a fairly spicy eladwen list that I've been winning quite a bit with, and research have served me rather well(of course not as good as BF, but w/e). Many games ended up like this:

I sacced more cards in order to make research good, my opponent played BS/bazaar and I unloaded the extra cards much faster.
    I sacced more cards in order to make research good, my opponent had no BS/bazaar and I was able to gain a ton of card advantage and win.
    My opponent played a T2 BF, I sac all my researches and try to burn him out asap.(this is, of course, the hardest scenario)
    Lost but seeking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doomdg View Post
    I haven't played for awhile, but is bazaar/BS the standard draw engine for non-warriors decks now?

I brewed up a fairly spicy eladwen list that I've been winning quite a bit with, and research have served me rather well(of course not as good as BF, but w/e). Many games ended up like this:

I sacced more cards in order to make research good, my opponent played BS/bazaar and I unloaded the extra cards much faster.
    I sacced more cards in order to make research good, my opponent had no BS/bazaar and I was able to gain a ton of card advantage and win.
    My opponent played a T2 BF, I sac all my researches and try to burn him out asap.(this is, of course, the hardest scenario)
    Yes, good points. In the past Research was definitely the best option. Seeing as you only needed to run 4 in a 30 card deck to get it consistently by the time you needed, and you had unilateral draw in what was more of a control style meta, Research was perfect. These days however the games are either super fast (the term that has been coined and is used is the "death race" - basically both players stand toe-to-toe and slug it out and whoever is faster at dealing damage wins) or super slow (ala darkclaw stall decks) with a loss of the more control 'build up' style games of the past where Jericho and Boris did so well (although Gwen had a fairly good run at 'death race' when she could pull off her devastating puwen + aldon + beetle bow + soul seeker + rapid fire combos so consistently that it lead to every deck including snow sapphire a few versions ago). Because this deck is geared more towards death racing, the bazaar and bad santa work because most of the time I don't care what my opponent is drawing, I just want to get through my deck FAST.

I should add that this deck got me quite comfortably to just below 300 rating once reset occurred whereby I started testing out my other decks prior to the tournament. Like I said in my original post, it's a fairly old deck as it was almost perfected back in test server days before release and there are now even faster ways to build an Eladwen that probably work better.
    Last edited by Wtzky; 11-23-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice looking deck. I'd like to run something similar but with Majiya as the hero. I guess I'd have to run Gas and Flames as she doesn't have the Frostbolt ability that Eladwen does.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I'd avoid the Gas and Flames, mainly because there is too much else worth casting at 4 resources, and for them to be most effective you need them out on T4/5 (ASAP basically) and tuning your deck for this would mean a lack of other options. With Maj as she is currently I'd almost treat a deck for her like a shadow version of my old no-ally Nish, but include Shadowfont, Shadowspawn and maybe EA, in amongst the RD, VoW, SS, and Freezes. Then just load out FB, LS, AB and SN and maybe throw in Brutalis or another early game ally to take care of Kris.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"