Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Rainy Day (Moonstalker)

Posteing my Moonstalker deck after reading Caitlyn0's Ambush. This one is not close to her deck, but the reactions she got, against the numbers of thread views sugested a need for more wulven decks.

This is an afordable wulven ALLY deck, and makes for great fun as oposed to the majority of DC decks.
    All allys are chosen for a reason. Among others one reason is to easily kill four hp. allys.

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se042.4se050

The key, and the theme in this build is protecting your allys with a combination of Rain delay and Moonstalker's ability, coupled with Shadowfont.
    Raindelay + Moonstalker's ability when rain will fall of = good room for geting out allys.

Use Now you are mine! for early board and jasmin/aldon/goyls thruout the game. Save Captured pray for the big ones. And since its Disable instead of 0 attack, it works on Plasma Behemoth too.

There is quite a few ways to play this deck. And much is decided on your opening hand. An easy example might be:
    Pack wolf and no Rain delay. Cast Pack wolf on T2 if you still have no Rain delay, and aim for early preasure/board.
    Idealy you'll get both a Rain delay and a Pack wolf on T2, then you can play Rain delay and hope for another Pack wolf or two cost three allys. Just remember to cast Moonstalker's ability when the Rain ends.

This deck covers almost every playstyle in the game, if your brain is on that is. You know choose your cards for the situation/game.
    Like sacing regen against every ally deck. Sacing Now your mine! against allyles decks etc.

The deck has one big drawback however, and is wulvens biggest weakpoint in general, namely Item destruction.
    But the deck is tuned so that you can work around this if you play it right.

The main problems are:

Portal
    Curse
    Evil Acendant
    Mages(will always be a pain for ally decks, try and save a regen for poison/blaze)

With portal I generaly find that with rain, shadowfont and Moonstalker's ability you can stall away the advantage of Haste. Except for the first turn ofc. But that turn is not so bad, cause of not haveing much resources left after casting portal in the first place.

Curse, tho.. Curse can be a problem if you fight half-a-brain people. You DO have bloodlust, but timeing is the key here, idealy you'll have one on your hand at all times.
    This is one of the reasons for Medusil. Should be obvious why.

Evil Acendant only becomes a problem with DC, Barudu and Majia. And for those reasons you COULD switch Keldor for Bad wolf. But since you then don't have the option of getting to the magic four dmg. mark, it can be a problem against everything else. I you can pull it of however, good for you.
    Personaly I get by with Shadow Knight.

Drawingpower: Not a problem, try it.

Weapon/armor: You should have enough allys out to smash them.

Final words:
    I did not nearly cover everything, but it should be enough to get you currious... yes, you!
    Useing an Android tablet with onscreen touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes are bound to happen.

NB: I know this deck work wonders, but feedback is always welcome.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 11-09-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    ~•||There is no team,.. in Axe!||•~
    Former White & Blue MTG player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the simplicity, though I am not a big fan of skipping card draw or item destruction in the hope of the opponent not exploiting this weakness. E.g. Vs a warrior with blood frenzy your chances of success go way down due to his enormous card advantage.

Same for Evil Ascendant or other strong item cards, they just have the potential of overthrowing you.

Regarding creature choice I think you should give Plasma Behemoth some thought, espeacially if you have rain delay in your deck (sniping through it just gives you another advantage).
    Conceptual stuff
    The Rule of Six - Building and reviewing a deck.

Behold my Wulven decks
    Wrath of the Wulven - Making the most of your Moonstalker!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i believe this deck is weak.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxx View Post
    I like the simplicity, though I am not a big fan of skipping card draw or item destruction in the hope of the opponent not exploiting this weakness. E.g. Vs a warrior with blood frenzy your chances of success go way down due to his enormous card advantage.

Same for Evil Ascendant or other strong item cards, they just have the potential of overthrowing you.

Regarding creature choice I think you should give Plasma Behemoth some thought, espeacially if you have rain delay in your deck (sniping through it just gives you another advantage).
    Evil Acendant is a problem, as I explaned. Warriors with blood frenzy, not so much if you pace yourself right. I supose an Amber deck with dual wield/lily and four berserkers might be a problem.

And nice that you like the "simple" style, I do too. Just don't mix simple with easy/onetrack/boring etc. Id say reliable, not simple. You know what you can expect to get, so you don't have to topdeck. And this way you can plan ahead etc. Alows for more strategy. And that's how I like it.

As for Plasma Behemoth, meh. I prefer the grave effect, but I know PB works just fine. Its another trade, like with Bad wolf.

@Dima: Thanks for the bump, and thats ok.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 11-09-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What kind of results have you been getting with this deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    What kind of results have you been getting with this deck?
    Well, that depends on the info you want. I generaly don't play "ladder". Just too much sillyness going on there, and I like the feedback you get while dueling with skype or on the phone. So customs is the way of it for me.

I play with fairly competent players, and only decks Im having real issues with is Eladwen and Jerico. But I see why Amber could be a problem. She and Banebow is the two heroes I have the least experience against with this deck. In fact, I had compleatly ignored Amber. /facepalm This cause I the only place I've seen serious amber decks in 1.285 is 220+

But on the overall the deck seems more than solid, and MIGHT reach 200+.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 11-10-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow....i'm liking how every MS deck i see is different lol i'm actually skeptic about posting mines since i'm always tuning it and trying new styles like my beast king deck and my cursed wolf deck....but this deck is missing cards that i would use.....it be cool for a moonstalker only tournament xD
    only after you open and understand the purpose of the 50 levels may you enter the 51st. but, i warn, after you enter the 50th there is no turning back, and if you fail to understand death, then you will never be worthy of resurrection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    also.....it seems that it doesnt matter how much i tune my deck....elad is aoto lose 90% of the time -_-
    only after you open and understand the purpose of the 50 levels may you enter the 51st. but, i warn, after you enter the 50th there is no turning back, and if you fail to understand death, then you will never be worthy of resurrection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkparad0x View Post
    also.....it seems that it doesnt matter how much i tune my deck....elad is aoto lose 90% of the time -_-
    Against an Eld-burn deck, I belive that early burst is the only reliable way.

And if the cards you'd use would improove what this deck is trying to do, then please tell me what and why.
    There is always room for improovement, even if you don't see it yourself.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 11-10-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well one of the things ive learned about playing wulven is that even tho a t3 BL is awesome....a late game full moon can mean the difference between win or lose....especially against mages

anyways ima go post my 2 decks now lol