Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Annihilator by MindOMatter

Update Nov. 6 :
    Following Drakkon's good comments and after playtesting more. Here are the changes I have made:
    -1 Shadow Knight
    -4 Full Moon
    -4 What Big Teeth

+1 Death Mage Thadeous
    +2 Shadow Font
    +4 Rain Delay

I have tried Wrath of the Forest but found out that it get destroy so often (and for 4cc) so I better stick to Bad Santa and Bazaar for drawing purpose. I may be wrong but testing showed me that I'm better of without.

Please feel free to keep commenting and giving advices. Thanks to all who does!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, this is the first deck I ever post. I’m posting it just for the purpose of getting better players to rate it and give me some advice. I’ve been quite on a roll (10-0 with rating at 210) with that deck and don’t see lot of players playing Moonstalker at the moment. I don’t know if it can become T1 but I’m pretty sure it could cause a major surprise in a tourney (in which I’ve never played) assuming the current meta.

HERO: (1)

Moonstalker

ALLIES: (10)
    I’m playing only with 10 allies and usually there will only be 2 or 3 on the table to prevent getting screwed by Supernova or Tidal Wave. Be informed though that those 2-3 allies can produce a lot of damage in 1 turn.

Death Mage Thaddeus x2
    I like the direct damage. It always gets through armors and/or weapons. Can also kills low health allies.

Plasma Behemoth x4
    Did I say that I like direct damage? I usually get one on turn 5 and use Moonstalker ability to keep him safe.

Shadow Knight x4
    Because I’m playing only 10 allies, I need to get them back in important moment.

ABILITIES : (27)

Now You’re Mine x4
    Getting rid of Jasmine, Aldon, Kelder, Gargoyle, Medusil and Death Mage is crucial… and for 2cc let’s pack in 4 of it.

Captured Prey x4
    Takes care of the other ones that Now You’re Mine can’t like Erika, Raven, Sandworm, Sentinel, Behemoth or any other fatties…

Regeneration x2
    Sometimes needed against “poison” or “fire” but also quite helpful against burn decks like Eladwen.

Full Moon x4
    So powerful in defensive mode but also in offensive mode. Basically, if you have only Mage and Behemoth on table, you’ll do 13 damages when playing Full Moon but also you “may” be able to avoid damages on your opponent’s next turn.

Shriek of Vengeance x2
    Mainly in the deck to deal with Darkclaw but also to destroy other problematic items.

Acid Jet x3
    Can get rid of armor when the need to attack is there or also to take care of other weapons Shriek can’t take care of.

Shadow Font x2
    Gives you, in some close game, the edge against your opponent in surviving another strike and finishing him on the next turn.

Bazaar x4
    Bad Santa x2
    I always have difficulties trying to equilibrate both of them into my decks. I think that right now, in that way, it serves me well but I’m not completely sure on that one.

WEAPONS: (4)

What Big Teeth x4
    Not that necessary but quite effective in “pinging” the opponent or to complete the damage on an ally following the Behemoth’s fireball or the Mage’s strike.

TOTAL of 42 cards

To complete a little bit more the strategy, try to save your hero ability until you can do it twice in a row, usually on the fifth and sixth turn to protect your Behemoth. Annihilate all of your opponent’s allies and finish him out with direct damage and surprise battles using Full Moon.

Please feel free to comment and to give any opinions you may have.

Thanks for reading

MindOMatter
    Last edited by MindOMatter; 11-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, I play something similar except I have gargoyles mixed in, wondering how your deck holds up against mages?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by coreybon View Post
    Nice deck, I play something similar except I have gargoyles mixed in, wondering how your deck holds up against mages?
    Thanks for the reply Coreybon...at the beginnning I was playing more balanced allies...like gargoyles and wulvens...but I've find that I better replace those with more knight and more anti allies like now you're mine and captured prey.

I played only twice against mages and was not easy but the solution is to only keep 2 allies max on the table and heal back with regeneration. Knights are also the key into that matchup as it will re-cast itself or just bring back the behemoth. I need more playtesting against Mages for sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You ever thought about Having 2 speedstrikes in your deck? That way you could still do 2 damage to an opponent on a turn where you don't have an ally in play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -1 Shadow Knight
    -1 Now You're Mine
    -2 Bad Santa
    -4 What Big Teeth
    -4 Full Moon

+1 Death Mage Thadeous
    +2 Shadow Font
    +3 Wrath of the Forest
    +4 Rain Delay

This change would put you down to 40. Which is a lot more tuned. Shadow Fonts are a must to protect your allies of burning death. Wrath of the Forest is actually a really neat draw idea here. It should sit on the field for quite a while because your hero ability. I think Rain Delay is better over Full Moon in this deck. You lose some damage, and your hero can be attacked. But, your death mage and behemoth can dance in the rain nuking things. Between your hero ability and rain delay, you should be completely dominant with board control. Just fear the super nova.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Drakkon...as stated into my edited main message...I have tried and done some changes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gonna sac my 3 wrath of the forest and put 3 rabid bites in their place, would allow you to exhaust your opponents strongest ally for 1 turn, while also doing damage to another ally or the hero, since i dont use a lot of allies it doesnt interfere with my strategy