Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek4 View Post
    Thats why the decks got Puwen. The field will not be full of the strongest allies, but will be full of low cost allies that you can summon 2 or 3 of in the next turn.
    True but blake a Puwen are really easy to kill with an elemental deck since 3 life is the sweetspot for Spark or Snake with Shard of Power (Plus at 1 cc I can cast a lot more than my opponent after he uses the hero's ability). And the hero ability isn't all that useful here. It's much more difficult against Eladwen since she can take care of the 1cc criters much faster. I'm always happy to play against Nishaven instead of Eladwen for this very reason.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    True but blake a Puwen are really easy to kill with an elemental deck since 3 life is the sweetspot for Spark or Snake with Shard of Power (Plus at 1 cc I can cast a lot more than my opponent after he uses the hero's ability). And the hero ability isn't all that useful here. It's much more difficult against Eladwen since she can take care of the 1cc criters much faster. I'm always happy to play against Nishaven instead of Eladwen for this very reason.
    Very true, but that's why you play Nishaven's ability FIRST, then cast 3 or 4 2cost allies and boom, you have instant board advantage.
    (I play a Zaladar deck as my main, so I've played a LOT of Nishaven decks).

Another good tactic is to wait to use his ability till say, turn 6 or 7. Most people expect you to wipe the board as soon as you can, so if you wait, you might get some better use out of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find Aldon and Blake on round 5 a real killer, but not to speak of a Aldon and 2 blakes if you can manage to save it for round 7.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Not sure if this helps any but here is my deck that is still being refined - Nishaven

So I have been trying to make a worthy deck but it is a challenge considering the well diverse set of cards Shadow Era has created for us. I first tried to build a well balanced deck with monsters an magic but it just wasn't good enough to even get me over 200, I lagged around 160. Thats when I read a review about amber rain and seen what is suppose to be a nearly undefietable setup closing a match in under 10 turns every time, anytime...... Basically I just did what I could to supplement the monsters the best I could and use a few cards of my choosing. had the idea to limit any an all cards to 3 each max but had a hard time making a 40 card deck. Still a work in progress.

~*~Battle Mage~*~

Jasmine Rosecult X4
    Dirk Saber X3
    Puwen Bloodhelm X3
    Raven Wildheart X3
    Aldon the Brave X4 Should ditch one
    Tainted Oracle X4 Don't use these as much as I thought I would maybe swap them for Priest of the Light
    Earthen Protector X3
    Aeon Stormcaller X2 Should add one

Tome of Knowledge X3 Should ditch these all together replace with Drain Power or Portal
    Clinging Webs X4
    Good Ascendant X3
    Poor Quality X3

Anyway, that's what I am working on right now an I just won 3 games in a row and I'm just about to clear 200 for the first time. Hope this sparks some ideas or helps you build a better deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry Face View Post
    So I have been trying to make a worthy deck but it is a challenge considering the well diverse set of cards Shadow Era has created for us. I first tried to build a well balanced deck with monsters an magic but it just wasn't good enough to even get me over 200, I lagged around 160. Thats when I read a review about amber rain and seen what is suppose to be a nearly undefietable setup closing a match in under 10 turns every time, anytime...... Basically I just did what I could to supplement the monsters the best I could and use a few cards of my choosing. had the idea to limit any an all cards to 3 each max but had a hard time making a 40 card deck. Still a work in progress.

~*~Battle Mage~*~

Jasmine Rosecult X4
    Dirk Saber X3
    Puwen Bloodhelm X3
    Raven Wildheart X3
    Aldon the Brave X4 Should ditch one
    Tainted Oracle X4 Don't use these as much as I thought I would maybe swap them for Priest of the Light
    Earthen Protector X3
    Aeon Stormcaller X2 Should add one

Tome of Knowledge X3 Should ditch these all together replace with Drain Power or Portal
    Clinging Webs X4
    Good Ascendant X3
    Poor Quality X3

Anyway, that's what I am working on right now an I just won 3 games in a row and I'm just about to clear 200 for the first time. Hope this sparks some ideas or helps you build a better deck.
    You do know that this was original posted more than a year ago?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Voltar's ring is pretty good with Nish, I also like Radiant Wisp because of the bonus electric damage. There's also Sun-Blighted one that can help boost your shadow energy. Voice of winter is good for stalling allies for your ability. Consuming fear is good for stopping allies as well. Violet Thunderstorm is great with Voltar's ring too. PoU can be pretty good with Nishaven. Blessed Protection can also work well for helping allies Survive his Shadow abilty as well as other abilty damge from your opponent, placed on a Radiant Wisp with Voltar's ring this can be pretty great. Of course there's the other old allies that can do great in a Nishaven deck like PoL,Earthern Protector,Marshland Sentinel etc.. And the obvious Ability cards and Item removal/draw engine cards.
    AA1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow, nice necro

pretty decent advice though for someone else reading this thread, i dont think the OP is even around anymore. he made this thread in february and has only made 9 posts total.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory