Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

damn, all of you just piss me off!!!

why do you all cast cards when you have the friggin win on the board??? im gracious enough to let you have the satisfaction of actually killing my hero, and then you go and start rubbing my face in it by casting a half dozen cards before you do. YOU HAVE THE FREAKIN WIN ON THE BOARD!!! you all are gonna turn me into a ragequitter just so i can avoid this crap! meaning, when i know i am gonna lose next turn, ill just quit and not give you that little thrill you get with actually winning the game by reducing my hero to zero health!

an example, lets talk baseball (yes, im a girl, i know baseball, i actually played little league when i was younger) bottom of the last inning, the home team is behind by one with a runner on base and their homerun hitter comes up to bat and hits a homerun... DO THEY KEEP PLAYING AFTER THAT? do they delay their best hitter by sending 3 other players to bat before him?

you won, take the win and be happy... stop flipping casting cards for no reason.

am i the only person playing this game that DOESNT do this?
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    why do you all cast cards when you have the friggin win on the board??? im gracious enough to let you have the satisfaction of actually killing my hero, and then you go and start rubbing my face in it by casting a half dozen cards before you do. YOU HAVE THE FREAKIN WIN ON THE BOARD!!! you all are gonna turn me into a ragequitter just so i can avoid this crap! meaning, when i know i am gonna lose next turn, ill just quit and not give you that little thrill you get with actually winning the game by reducing my hero to zero health!

an example, lets talk baseball (yes, im a girl, i know baseball, i actually played little league when i was younger) bottom of the last inning, the home team is behind by one with a runner on base and their homerun hitter comes up to bat and hits a homerun... DO THEY KEEP PLAYING AFTER THAT? do they delay their best hitter by sending 3 other players to bat before him?

you won, take the win and be happy... stop flipping casting cards for no reason.

am i the only person playing this game that DOESNT do this?
    In my experience, 80% of the time people do that if they win. I learn not to take it personally. It's all just for fun, it's not worth it to involve emotion for a card game. So now I would just do the same, though not too overboard. Like say I would retreat my own ally before casting supernova to end the game, or something like that.

Just let me know if and when I face you at quick match. Since you have many alt names, I won't even know whom I am facing. If you say you are caitlyn, then I won't do any of that =)

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Cait

A lot of nerds play this game. When they cannot dominate like alphas in real life, they try to do it to the max to others while at the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    @Cait

A lot of nerds play this game. When they cannot dominate like alphas in real life, they try to do it to the max to others while at the game.
    lol. this.
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice rage-post!
    Bad day, huh?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What raph said.

The mellow winners or suicide losers (ie novaing yourself) tend to be the cool people you'd like to meet in person.

The pricks who drag out the win are one of two:
    Nerdy people who can't dominate in anything in their lives

Or you're playing a hero/playstyle that they seriously dislike.

Either way it's kind of dumb imo. I have been guilty of that once or twice. But only vs eladwen. And only when the player is so noobish I want to shame them off playing eladwen ever again.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hm, I dont often encounter this, but sometimes...
    I dont think this is always because they are 'nerds' who cannot be 'alpha's' in RL. I myself sometimes dont realise I can end the game without casting unnecessary cards and realize this after the fact. If you have a bad streak of gamers doing this, then maybe you are just unlucky or you really are pitted against those who like to rub it in.

On getting emotional: to me gaming is about emotion, so that is not wrong IMO. Actually I just dont know any people who have no emotions and play like a machine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Me. Usually.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes me wonder WHY you play? SE or any game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rofl, I don't drag my wins out, but I do make it a point to get the enemy hero to 1 hp before I smack them for the 1 with my hero, for the final slap in the face. But otherwise I take my wins swiftly, and I'm flattered when they leave early. I don't mind the guys who draw it out, I personally find it useful to see what they're playing in their final turn to know what they're running and how to better counter it. So, no problems here.