Close

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zhanna vs Logan (1.28)

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this game and I enjoy it a lot
    I builded a Zhanna deck and i'm trying to improove it every time, currently i like it a lot for one exception: logan !
    I haven't win a single time versus a Logan deck, so i'm not trying to win most of the time versus him but still, I would like to have a fighting chance...
    So i'm waiting for all of your advice on how to do so (without having a deck that only beats him !!)

Thanks a lot

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If someone figures it out let me know. For now I'm also at a win loss ratio of 0% in about 20 games I've played against Logan.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From my experience Zhanna can't beat Logan with any proficiency. Your best bet, sadly, is to pray the enemy Logan doesn't draw an early blood frenzy and kill him quick. :S

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe use Skullborn?

I'm grasping at straws here, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try putting 2-3 Erikas into your deck. (and save all the Retreat!s to free her from Crippling Blow)
    Logan can't kill her, so you can somewhat maintain board control with her presence,
    and she's pretty good against other decks without direct damage.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schdawn View Post
    Try putting 2-3 Erikas into your deck. (and save all the Retreat!s to free her from Crippling Blow)
    Logan can't kill her, so you can somewhat maintain board control with her presence,
    and she's pretty good against other decks without direct damage.
    My take: Save the retreats for Logan's PB.

By doing a retreat on your own Erika and re-casting her will cost you: 5 + 2 + 5 = 12 resources.

Just to rid of the 2 Res Logan used. (Which is FOC if he has JD). It's not worth it.

Logan can kill Erika - PB will do the job nicely. And Erika cannot kill PB. She'll die just by smashing herself into him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately this is just a bad matchup, and Zhanna will usually lose it. I've had respectable luck using this deck: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-(Zhanna-1.28)

If you're specifically teching Logan, you'll want to make a few tweaks (removing Sandworm for Puwen, for example). On the whole, though, this matchup is like playing Red Deck Wins vs Lifegain Control in Magic. You're just gonna lose a lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    My take: Save the retreats for Logan's PB.

By doing a retreat on your own Erika and re-casting her will cost you: 5 + 2 + 5 = 12 resources.

Just to rid of the 2 Res Logan used. (Which is FOC if he has JD). It's not worth it.

Logan can kill Erika - PB will do the job nicely. And Erika cannot kill PB. She'll die just by smashing herself into him.
    Just tidal after Retreat! or ram a Kris/Wizent/IceStorm into PB before attacking with Erika.
    Aldon or King's Pride works too.

Zhanna can drag the game by healing/wiping the board, so resource isn't that much of an issue.
    The key to victory is to set up a checkmate condition where Logan can't take back board control.

Of course, this won't work every time (because it's only 3 Erikas in 40 cards deck, with many cards wasted to support her), but it's better than an auto-loss.
    Last edited by Schdawn; 11-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.