Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    people would post a deck here and there, but i was the only one who had dozens in one thread. i like to share them. and i enjoy it when someone comes back and tells me how well they are doing with it or how much fun it is.
    Your deck sharing has been really awesome because it has had nothing to do with the three most powerful. You've shared Elementalis decks, Ter Adun decks. Deck strategy like that is good publicity. I hope lots of people get inspired from your decks because if I have to play against more DCs I'm going to tear out my eyes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I kind of disagree with the statement that the possibility to inifinitely replay games kills the meta and makes everyone play the same deck. What kills the meta is the limited card pool and the vast amount of auto includes for most heroes/decks.

Between human allies, mage direct damage and card drawing mechanism, the variation is simply too limited at this point. Making games hidden from the public wont change that fact. You know you have an issue when half of the cards in a mage deck is auto include, no matter what the hero is. I'm not complaining, I know the card pool is a work in progress. I'm just saying.

There are only so many ways to assemble and play a Logan or an Eladwen deck at this point. Anyone with a fairly clear mind can put together these decks without watching the top players do it. I'd say the strategy discussions in the forum WAY outweights the benefit from watching replays when it comes to deck concepts and deckbuilding.

If you wanna keep secrets from the public, simply avoid posting decks and don't comment on other decks.
    I bet the need for fame and recognition is more important, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All matches played in competitive events should be available, the rest don't need to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    All matches played in competitive events should be available, the rest don't need to.
    +1

I totally agree and It should also be up to each player if they want their game to be viewed. Everyone has the rights to his own deck and whether to share or not is up to individual choices. I think the key point is that every one should have the freedom whether they want the game to be viewed or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I am not so concerned about tourneys actually. I fully agree with level playing field.

The quick games bother me much more. I was starting to get bored with quick matches in about a week. Since everyone played elad, Logan, dc, I play decks that could potentaially beat all 3.

When I did not. I lost bad. Fell from 230 to 190+. i don't mind losing or winning but it's being matched up with the same old decks which bores me.

The 'view games' IMO enhances the proliferation of the big 3. Overall the meta is crippled by a lack of creativity.
    Its the current rating system who’s faulty and your post is a good example of that. If you dare playing T2 or lesser heroes or if you like deck building the rating system will punish you hard.

Playing the noobtube increase your rating, and gets you experience and gold. All the more reason for casual players to go with what’s trendy.

And I agree with Cat. You only have to play against the T1 heroes to figure out how it works.

My 0.02$

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even if matches are made secret, you can't expect a right to privacy when you play a stranger. Like I mentioned earlier, there's YouTube. You can make it harder to watch matches, but you can't demand 100% privacy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll just Fraps all my games and show people. Heck, I'm already starting too.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bumping this: Just realized that view games is affecting the fairness of tourneys.

We need changes to the current system.

Bottomline: Tourneys need to be fair, otherwise no one's going to respect the winners. If winners do not gain their due recognition, no one would take part. A drop in high-level SE play would see even departures of great players.

I am starting a new thread to share my thoughts.