Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by otto7 View Post

@helio:same happened at 1.27. Majiya,Amber,Gwen were T1 and Boris,Zaladar,Jericho were behind.
    Boris - 1.27. tier 1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gwen want t1. She was so easy to beat. Especially with 0 item control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The fun thing about 1.27 was though that I was able to consistently beat tier 1 heroes using a non tier 1 hero.

@Drakkon, about not changing cards anymore. I somewhat agree. Imo the only card in the entire game that still needs to be changed is Logan. And once that is done I'm looking at a good game. Eladwen is very strong, but a larger card pool can fix that easily. Logan won't be fixed though with a bigger card pool.

Oh and maybe some underpowered cards as well. Like Serena.
    Last edited by iClipse; 11-07-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im curious as to why people think logan is "broken" or at least so powerful? a little item destruction, a little ally protection (lots of ways to do that). he is useless against a great solo hero deck. (before you jump on me for that one... i mean him, not his deck) of the current top three (which i dont believe in) im happy when i face him... its almost an auto win for me. DC, i dread, such a long game but im not worried about it... eladwen is the only one that is a challege.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    The fun thing about 1.27 was though that I was able to consistently beat tier 1 heroes using a non tier 1 hero.

@Drakkon, about not changing cards anymore. I somewhat agree. Imo the only card in the entire game that still needs to be changed is Logan. And once that is done I'm looking at a good game. Eladwen is very strong, but a larger card pool can fix that easily. Logan won't be fixed though with a bigger card pool.

Oh and maybe some underpowered cards as well. Like Serena.
    I agree, I think the rogues will stand a better chance if they have access to more weapons, Logan is a beast, you can throw him off track with a protector or two but you have to take him down fast.
    Concerning Eldawen, I never saw the problem... and lately I played many decks that give my Eldawen a run for her shadow crystals.
    All in all a bigger card pool will make the game better on so many levels. Any idea when we might see new cards? maybe some new classes...vampires, angels, dragons...
    BANKAI!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    im curious as to why people think logan is "broken" or at least so powerful? a little item destruction, a little ally protection (lots of ways to do that). he is useless against a great solo hero deck. (before you jump on me for that one... i mean him, not his deck) of the current top three (which i dont believe in) im happy when i face him... its almost an auto win for me. DC, i dread, such a long game but im not worried about it... eladwen is the only one that is a challege.
    you play first (great advantage!).by T4 you have 3 allies out and 2 cards in hand or 2 allies out and 3-5 cards in hand.Logan has BF (either on T2 or T3) 4se and plays a JD,kills one ally and cripples another.next turn he casts 2 allies or 1 and CB and on T6 he kills another ally of yours,cripples another,and casts 2 more allies.game over.He is the ONLY hero who kills 2 allies by T6 WITH THE SAME WEAPON USUALLY!!!!cause he casts allies and u have to deal with them and u cannot wear weapon out.if u play second it is even worse ofcourse...

simpler example.u have board control and he casts JD and CB.u are 2 allies and 2 cards low while he is 1 card low and 1 card in use granting 2resources.that is board control change in just 1 Turn!!!!!!!if u played shriek u lodt 1card,1resource of your turn and 1 resource permanently.still losing board control.BF will eventually wear u down.ability is broken cause it is used and when u get to destroy weapon it is too late!!

DC against Logan???get serious.no decent Logan casts BF against u. he has 40HP with enrage and 1-2 KPs.he has shrieks available and it is 100% sure that once he gets many allies out he will have the chance to destroy a full moon or a rain delay and kill u in 1 turn BEFORE u hit him 40HP.there is NO 220+ Logan player that loses to any DC more than 5% and that is just pure luck/unluck on cards on both sides.

with Enrage and rampage he eats Eladwen for breakfast.only chance for Eladwen if no enrage shows up early.then yes he can lose but it only happens 30% of games between equal players
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i get the DC thing, anyone can basically do that. ive said all along DC wasnt that powerful. i also dont see the argument about adding item destruction cards to your deck is a bad thing... even adding a couple of good ascendants. they can be helpful, a little when not playing a deck with EA and you can always sac them and not have to sac something else more important. im not say just add them just to sac them when you dont need them, im just saying i dont get the complaint about having to add item destruction cards... they are almost always useful against about everyone.

against eladwen, maybe with rampage and its an ally eladwen but the most powerful eladwen build i have seen only uses a few allies (meaning like 6 or so) and eladwen can just start sacing them once you cast rampage and not be hurt by it at all. besides, this particular deck will probably kill you before you get rampage out.

and ive figured out how to get around losing 2 allies on turn 4, and losing another 2 on turn 6. i cant stop the cbs but i can stop his ability. its actually very simple and there a few ways to do it. its doesnt hurt a deck when playing someone else and can be even more useful late game and im not sharing you figure it out. you will probably smack your head when you do

so yeah, i still dont get the OP thing about logan, sorry.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just 2 things

1)allyless Eladwen C A N N O T beat an enraged Logan (non BF) in A N Y case.period

2)it is not me who tries to oppose community's opinion and prove Logan is OP so as to need to prove it.it is u who opposes the general aspect and need to prove your argument valid.a simple statement like "i found a way and Logan is my pet now" is funny but not valid.if u care to share thoughts we could have a serious discussion

ps:instead of that i would prefer to hear your view of Hunter abilities and how they could be strengthened so as to reach T1
    Last edited by A1 Otto7; 11-08-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just wait for the totality of cards to be released to balance heros again.
    Only Calmdown is able to see the global picture that is required to make such propositions.

However, the fact that there are so many threads about tiers, balance, nerf, etc, means that the Community doesn't like 1.28 as much as 1.27. Kyle should maybe communicate a little about it.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    otto, you are so funny you are worse than me

reread what i said about eladwen, i never said anything about allyless... i SAID, that once you cast rampage, the most powerful eladwen deck ive seen can just stop casting allies. to help you further understand that, you have already cast bf because you know you have to keep up with an eladwen with allies. and you will most likely be dead before you have a "free" turn to cast rampage. AND this deck and player W I L L kill an enraged logan who doesnt cast bf ALL the time. period.

as for logan being my little pet and me not talking... it is funny. so very funny, that little ole me can see this, i do it and NO one else does. and when you do see it, you are gonna facepalm yourself hard why would i give that up. ive given hints. maybe someone thought of it as well and dismissed it, i donno, dont care either.

ive gone out of my way to prove elemantalis is dead and ive done that but it still gets dismissed. i prove that it is the card pool and that her ability has no effect on the outcome of a match and i still get ignored. why would i share now on how to beat logan consistantly?

no one listened to me about DC not being so powerful before 1.28 went live. everyone was up in arms about how OP he was. people still think he is great KNOWING how to beat him... they just think he is not as good as eladwen. no one is listening to me about that... freakin maj and serena can beat him. why should i share how to beat logan consistantly?

so haha. live in the dark.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory