Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Another Eladwen Deck

The release of the 1.28 and the heroes' ablilities change had as result the Eladwen to be one of the dominant decks. He has replaced the Majira as the annoying direct damage deck that you have to deal with. I am sure that probably there are a lot of similarities with other published builds but honestly I hadn't seen any of them because I was frustrated playing against him and thought that it was a no brain deck.Without any more delays here is my decklist

Hero Eladwen Frostmire
    Direct Damage

4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    4 Supernova
    2 Arcane Blast
    2 Special Delivery

Creature Control

4 Clinging Web
    3 Deep Freeze
    2 Snow Sapphire

Tempo Cards

4 Rainy Delay
    2 Retreat

Card Draw
    4 Bazaar
    4 Bad Santa

How to win:
    Target all your damage dealing spells and your hero's ability on your opponent.

Strategy tips:
    • Don't hesitate to lay down a second turn bazaar even vs warriors. A turn 2-3 bazaar is far superior option for your deck than a bad santa.
    • Retreat is a great tempo card but webs/freezes offer a longer solution vs opponent creature. Use them wisely in order to postpone opponent damage dealing and gain time for a supernova board swap.
    • Try to play bad santas on pair with at least one more spell (but keep in mind bazaar presence,you really have to utilise santas for card gain).For instance turn 4 web + santa, 5 fireball + santa, etc
    • Special delivery, arcane blast are the less significant burn spells making them candidates as resource fodder during early turns.
    • I decided not to use Kris or any other allly because the deck has a quite good early creature control and they are potentially targets for opponents' life gaining mechanism.(bows or rampage).Using allies means that you have to reduce the number of webs/freezes and thus you will be more vulnerable to behemoths. If you think to replace arcane blasts,delivery remember that during first turns it's far superior to lay down bazaar or web instead of them and during late game it's better to deal damage directly and not potentially.
    • Staves Winter/Summer: I chose not to use them because of the 5 cost though I kept the 6 cost sapphires.This deck has to kill opponent as soon as possible and you can't afford to use 5 resources without an immediate gain.Staff is a control card that acts like a win more because you need to cast it when you have already established a good board control situation.On the other hand sapphire acts as last chance defense nullifing damage and creatures,acquiring one more turn in order to finish off your opponent.
    • Poison Gas/Engulfing Flames: You have to play them early in order to have the maximum potential damage but most realistic scenario will be able to do around as much damage as delivery( or blast) and they have the drawback vs Jericho to be valid targets for his ability (And life gain) .Blast can handle multiple low health creatures at the same time so is a better option.
    • Quite easy to assemble deck as the most expensive cards are santas (which are necessary for almost every deck) and 2 sapphires.

Worst matchup: Darkclaw. Autoloss save your time,Fortunately he is less and less popular because of his vulnerablilities vs creature based decks.

I can't provide you a precise winning streak or rating gain because the rating system seems to be at least weird .I have been paired with lots of 150-180 rating people that I have won only to lose rating(!!!) afterwards. Anyhow it is not brain shocking that Eladwen is currently top tier 1 hero and the barrier of 200+ is quite easy to achieve.

Constructive critiscism is always welcome and don't hesitate to ask about any of my decisions or your objections about them.
    Thanks in advance for your time.
    IGN: micfarmakis

My 1.28 decks:
    Moonstalker

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    An obvious suggestion. VoW.

My ally-less Elad deck has VoW. Works far better than Web and freeze.