Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Play against your decks - Custom AI

Hello forumers!

I've dowloaded 1.28 for my mac recently and noticed the new feature to play against the computer with a deck made by you.
    And here a little thing occured to me. What if you could play against your own decks? I think it would be pretty nice to test your current deck against your other decks. Of course you can set it but this way it would be easier., and I dont think this is such a hard thing to do by the programmers.

Regards,
    Nick

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha003 View Post
    What if you could play against your own decks? I think it would be pretty nice to test your current deck against your other decks.
    My 6 year old has a track record of 14-1 against the AI, with a Zaladar grinding deck. And her native language isn't even english. With that said, the AI will do very little for you hammering out strategies vs. other decks. Until the AI is able to adapt to events during the game and not just play by a list of rules, there is no point implementing such a feature, I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge Mill View Post
    My 6 year old has a track record of 14-1 against the AI, with a Zaladar grinding deck. And her native language isn't even english. With that said, the AI will do very little for you hammering out strategies vs. other decks. Until the AI is able to adapt to events during the game and not just play by a list of rules, there is no point implementing such a feature, I think.
    Agreed. If they changed the AI to focus on your allies instead of ignoring them, however, that would go along way to making it more realistic.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge Mill View Post
    My 6 year old has a track record of 14-1 against the AI, with a Zaladar grinding deck.
    He heh heh. But if we improve the AI algorithms, then cute little kids can't play Shadow Era anymore ^^.

I believe multiple save slots should be coming in v1.29. This will allow you to save and load different AI decks. You should have access to your own decks then since the custom AI feature was introduced with the intent of allowing players to playtest their deck using the AI.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    He heh heh. But if we improve the AI algorithms, then cute little kids can't play Shadow Era anymore ^^.

I believe multiple save slots should be coming in v1.29. This will allow you to save and load different AI decks. You should have access to your own decks then since the custom AI feature was introduced with the intent of allowing players to playtest their deck using the AI.
    Respectfully, I'm not sure you caught the main message AnAdolt. It doesn't matter how many AI slots there are if the AI still plays using the same strategy, ie, ignores your allies for the most part, blows up their own items, NOT go for the throat at the end when it could, etc. Until the AI play rules are updated it doesn't matter how many AI decks we can save, they'll all still play terribly. Is this in the works?
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The main message, at least to the original intent of this thread, was an easy way to play against your own deck.

As for the AI, we will still be working to improve the AI so it provides more of a challenge and make better plays. I've mentioned this in multiple posts. Regardless of how smart the AI is, we will still implement features that improve the game. Yes, multiple save slots won't make the AI smarter, but that was not the intent of that feature.