Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Protector?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Protector?

Hi,
    I am fairly new to the game, love it, and ran into something, which made me wonder. Oh, if this is not the right forum, let me know.

Yesterday I ran into a Protector build with a Sandworm, twice, different player. Basically you cast a Sandword and then a Warrior training, I think. In 1 game my opponent also threw some Extra armor on the worm. Basically you have an almost indestructible Protector, I could not get rid of the Extra armour one. The other one costed me 3 or 4 spells with Elad, which, looking back, I could better have used against my opponent's hero. But he had quite a few allies on the board and I figured to go for board control, I think you call it.
    My question: this Protector looks far superior to Aeon. I realise you need 2 cards, but even so, I have read several tactics/strategy postings, and some recommended decks, but never something like this. I like to try this myself, but would like to know if this is a viable tactic? Or am I missing something?

Tnx,
    ND

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NightDaemoness View Post
    Hi,
    I am fairly new to the game, love it, and ran into something, which made me wonder. Oh, if this is not the right forum, let me know.

Yesterday I ran into a Protector build with a Sandworm, twice, different player. Basically you cast a Sandword and then a Warrior training, I think. In 1 game my opponent also threw some Extra armor on the worm. Basically you have an almost indestructible Protector, I could not get rid of the Extra armour one. The other one costed me 3 or 4 spells with Elad, which, looking back, I could better have used against my opponent's hero. But he had quite a few allies on the board and I figured to go for board control, I think you call it.
    My question: this Protector looks far superior to Aeon. I realise you need 2 cards, but even so, I have read several tactics/strategy postings, and some recommended decks, but never something like this. I like to try this myself, but would like to know if this is a viable tactic? Or am I missing something?
    Tnx,
    ND
    Hi, it depends on what kind of hero and what kind of playstyle you are using to handle it. Mind control, captured prey, tidal wave instantly render them dead / useless. Assassin training also instantly kills it. Jasmine's ability immobilize it.

Otherwise you can use a very cheap 2 resouce card called retreat while you then keep hitting their hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah, that is true of course. Some I knew, others I had not thought about, have not all heroes. But, the same goes for these other Protectors, right? Or are they immune for some of these cards? I think not, but correct me if I am wrong. If the real Protectors are not immune, then I still wonder if this Sandworm is a viable thing?

Tnx
    ND

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Practically all good human decks have some number of retreats in them. When retreat is used on an Aeon, you can play him next turn. When your worm gets retreated, warrior training will go to the graveyard.

It's a good combo, especially if you are playing a shadow opponent, but in my opinion it is to easily ruined by retreat.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NightDaemoness View Post
    Ah, that is true of course. Some I knew, others I had not thought about, have not all heroes. But, the same goes for these other Protectors, right? Or are they immune for some of these cards? I think not, but correct me if I am wrong. If the real Protectors are not immune, then I still wonder if this Sandworm is a viable thing?

Tnx
    ND
    The other protectors are not immune to any of the card. The sandworm is viable, but it really all depends on your hero and play style. There's also a shadow ability card called selfishness which removes the protector and defender status

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I should add that supernova will hit kill most things trying to hide behind a protector.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah if you're elad, bring at least 3 supernovas to clear the board, especially if you have higher hp.
    Ignore the sandworm. Use retreat on it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK got it,
    Tnx for answering all

Tnx
    ND

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sandworm/warrior training isn't viable against competitive decks.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Wolves View Post
    Assassin training also instantly kills it.
    Assassins training does not kill anything, assassination kills for the price of exhausting one of your allies.
    Assassins training gives all of your allies ambush.