Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    Have you guys watched the Crown 1.28 tourney?? It's ALL about Kris/Aldon/Puwen/Jas and no delay. Every Elad deck that's winning is a deathrace deck and nothing works better than that for Humans than Kris. it pretty much looks like all you need is this to dominate:

4 Kris
    4 Puwen
    4 Jas
    4 Aldon

4 Fireball
    4 LS
    3 Nova
    4 Retreat

4 Bazaar
    4 Santa

40 cards w/ Eladwen, have fun slaughtering.
    Hmmm... I think this deck is gonna have difficulty against lone DC with Evil Ascendant, lone wolf, shadow font, and full moon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Wolves View Post
    Hmmm... I think this deck is gonna have difficulty against lone DC with Evil Ascendant, lone wolf, shadow font, and full moon.
    Agreed, I would have loved to see a DC in the tourney (even tho I hate that deck), but it would have been nice to see it vs Elad. I know at least one of the decks had item dest (I saw Misplaced once, I think) probably just for DC in case one was in the tourney. Perhaps all of them did and we just didn't see it played because they didn't need to.

I didn't list that deck as one I'd play or vouch for, just what cards we saw played in the tourney. You could probably shrink some of those down to 3, like Nova, Aldon, BS or Bazaar, and maybe LS and replace with 4 item destruction cards (2 poor qual, 2 misplaced) and do just fine and maybe that's more in line w/ what they actually ran.

The point is, this was the strategy they all pretty much used:
    1. Haul a$$ with cheap allies, nobody bigger than 4cc (and only if it's Oracle) -- get ahead in life
    2. play Bazaar / BS after initial frenzy of cards are played
    3. Bring the burn, don't bother w/ delay unless you fall behind in life, then play SS if needed
    4. win
    Last edited by graphlem; 11-04-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Arcane is needed for when people start figuring out that a solid counter to elad is a weenie deck running say blood lust to put as much damage down before nova comes around. It's not really meant for fast burn, it's crowd control when nova hurts you too much.

I'm just ahead of the curve using it because of my losses with my early deck to a1 members using counter decks. Cait can vouch for how handy it is after she dropped 3 snakes and 2 wolves before t5 when we played (then dropped a bloodlust - ouch). It basically kept me in the game long so that I could use my burn on her hero again (ignoring the board would have been a quick loss, nova would have been a bad idea as I was now limited to how many I could use)
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you guys watched the Crown 1.28 tourney?? It's ALL about Kris/Aldon/Puwen/Jas and no delay. Every Elad deck that's winning is a deathrace deck and nothing works better than that for Humans than Kris. it pretty much looks like all you need is this to dominate:

4 Kris
    4 Puwen
    4 Jas
    4 Aldon

4 Fireball
    4 LS
    3 Nova
    4 Retreat

4 Bazaar
    4 Santa

40 cards w/ Eladwen, have fun slaughtering.
    Agree. Don't need delay.

What you do need are more ability cards for when the game is not a pure death race (against darkclaw for example, misplaced would be great for his full moon). I'd also advocate less allies as you don't need them that much (in the deck you posted that is)

@Cait: you are very close to what I believe is a tuned and perfect elad deck, very close but not quite there yet

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    She just needs to play it better
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed, I would have loved to see a DC in the tourney (even tho I hate that deck), but it would have been nice to see it vs Elad. I know at least one of the decks had item dest (I saw Misplaced once, I think) probably just for DC in case one was in the tourney. Perhaps all of them did and we just didn't see it played because they didn't need to.

I didn't list that deck as one I'd play or vouch for, just what cards we saw played in the tourney. You could probably shrink some of those down to 3, like Nova, Aldon, BS or Bazaar, and maybe LS and replace with 4 item destruction cards (2 poor qual, 2 misplaced) and do just fine and maybe that's more in line w/ what they actually ran.

The point is, this was the strategy they all pretty much used:
    1. Haul a$$ with cheap allies, nobody bigger than 4cc (and only if it's Oracle) -- get ahead in life
    2. play Bazaar / BS after initial frenzy of cards are played
    3. Bring the burn, don't bother w/ delay unless you fall behind in life, then play SS if needed
    4. win
    Against the irritating DC, you probably need at least 3 misplaced to handle one of his full moon, rain delay, lone wolf or occasionally his weapon. Then you also need good ascendant to counter his evil ascendant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spells > rain delay. Ignore lone wolf (why misplace that?!). No need for good ascendant - just build up your hand and hit him hard in the one turn

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow, wasnt expecting this much responce

yeah... i wonder where i got most of my idea for this deck those three match we played Wtzky, those were fun everyone else is complaining about Eladwen and i had fun. that first match, holy crap, i was so not prepared for you on that one and that timer glitch at the beginning screwed me up, but it was OK, the first match was just about seeing your deck in action anyway the second... was better, but still was learning your deck... that third butthead... i sooo had you haha... but you pulled YET ANOTHER misplaced out of your butt!!!... sheesh, how many times did i cast that same full moon :P i drew those cards and i was thinking, this is a wierd little combo... i had you dont to 5 health. i cast the full moon AGAIN... used moonstalkers ability... cast the shadowspawn, you took 2... cast the deathmage and you took 1... you were at 2 health... i had a second shadowspawn in my hand and a fairly protected deathmage out... wasnt worried about your jasmines at all. nothing you could do about moonstalkers ability. you could burn the mage but it didnt matter... but you had YET ANOTHER misplaced, arrgh and you did enough damage that turn to win... sheesh... so close, haha. was very very fun though

and yes... after our three matches and i wasnt playing a pure weenie deck... arcane is a must. wipe out or hurt allies and do 2 to hero... very good.

so... what about this then? more draw and swtiched out the SS for rain delay. (i personally like VoW more than SS with her. limits attack damage to her more. but its more for late game help when you cant win quicker.

4x jasmine
    2x tainted oracle

4x fireball
    4x lightning strike
    3x supernova
    4x arcane burst

4x retreat
    3x misplaced
    2x rain delay
    3x bazaar
    4x bad santa
    2x voice of winter
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeh well that's why I didn't sac any misplaced against you. Knew what was coming. You're welcome to try again...

Better but you still don't need the delay. The whole point is to go for the throat and not to let go once you draw blood. Rain delay is especially bad because of all of the misplaced and shriek people run these days. The way to play this deck is more of a mindset than anything.

Let me ask you this: what is your most important card in your deck?

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eladwen, then BS or bazaar, then supernova, fireball, etc.

so you think it should maybe look like this?

4x jasmine
    3x tainted oracle

4x fireball
    4x lightning strike
    4x supernova
    4x arcane burst

4x retreat
    4x misplaced

4x bazaar
    4x bad santa

so flat out, go for the throat, draw your whole deck and make you opponent eat it all?
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 11-05-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory