Close

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member Benacio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    72
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Suggestions/Discussion: Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

    Why am I posting?:
    I am putting this deck in the discussion section because I want to get some in-depth opinions on this. As we all know, even though Ter Adun became more in favor and is more powerful after 1.28, you can't really say he's top tier. That's what inspired me to make a deck for him. I enjoy warriors and I'm not afraid to say my warrior decks can fair well against any decks out there (even Logan... >.> sometimes). But in the process of making Ter Adun, I've never been more indecisive.

    The story (boring):
    After the process of tuning and agreeing on a certain form of the deck, I've probably changed it over 15 times, each time better than the other, but can never fully fill the gap of all the disadvantages I'm seeing. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I guess that's why I'm a little bit uncomfortable with the flaws. I know warriors well, but this has got me changing it over and over and over and over... and over... again.

    Here's the deck:

    Decklist

    Ter Adun

    Allies (21)
    x3 Keldor
    x4 Gargoyle
    x4 Brutalis
    x4 Plasma B
    x2 Medusil
    x2 Dark Flayer
    x2 Shadow Knight

    Abilities: (18)
    x3 Valiant Defender
    x1 War Banner
    x2 Enraged
    x4 Crippling Blow
    x4 Shield Bash
    x4 Blood Frenzy

    Weapon/Armor: (0)
    N/A

    40 cards total[/B]

    Explanation:
    Board control, as the name states. The general plan is just have a two drop or Blood Frenzy out 2nd turn (like every warrior deck). During mid game, spam out the 3 cost allies and once PB hits the field without a way for the enemy to remove it, the game is sealed. This is a COMMON strategy. I KNOW. But Ter Adun's ability makes it so much easier to do it, it's insane. We all know the game changer item cards: Snow Sapphire, The King's Pride, Armor of Ages, Soul Seeker + Rapid fire. With Ter Adun, it's not a problem. Just remove it. Even when you don't have board control, the ability will help you take away tempo from the opponent and let you gain board presence.

    Please tell me what you guys think. All suggestions will be taken in to account and tested.

    THANKS!
    Last edited by Benacio; 11-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

  2. #2
    Senior Member CodeDomination's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,947
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I would suggest adding 4x BS for when you need something to help you get bf.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

    Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

    My Decks:
    -------------

    My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

  3. #3
    Member Benacio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    72
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    I would suggest adding 4x BS for when you need something to help you get bf.
    I had 3 before, but I needed some room for allies. I'll try to fit it in and test it.
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

  4. #4
    World Champion 2014 Sisyphos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dresden, Germany
    Posts
    1,940
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    1
    Ter needs board, but struggles harder for it than the other warriors, esp. when going second and/or facing heroes with in-built board control (through abilities), hence why he needs to include more tools for that and not just 3 crippling blows. Besides CB you need shield bash so that a gargoyle can kill a plasma if necessary and a few valiant defenders since that is the only way of actually regaining board when consecutively being threatened by allies other than hoping for the best, i.e. for your opponent to run out of allies to hold you down with. A few weapons don't hurt either if you like it.

    Your ally pool looks solid (maybe replace keldor with death mage), but you could take out bloodlust and king's pride for free slots. KP doesn't quite work so well when you already need to pay high upkeep for your PBs to work properly (or in reverse are getting a whole lot of extra damage for your resources out of them anyway) and bloodlust is usually not so good except in a rush deck. By that i mean that it can be a welcome draw every now and then, but your deck performs generally less solid due to its ineffectiveness whenever you have less than 2 allies in play (that aren't disabled or something).

    Bad santa i find isn't something you need. If you're drawing slow due to lack of BF, you just start clearing the stage for your 5-drops by turn 2 already. Both shadow knight and plasma b are good to give you something worthwhile to pay for all the time, even without bf.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

    My cards ideas: for mages, for others

    Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

    However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

  5. #5
    Member Benacio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    72
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    Ter needs board, but struggles harder for it than the other warriors, esp. when going second and/or facing heroes with in-built board control (through abilities), hence why he needs to include more tools for that and not just 3 crippling blows. Besides CB you need shield bash so that a gargoyle can kill a plasma if necessary and a few valiant defenders since that is the only way of actually regaining board when consecutively being threatened by allies other than hoping for the best, i.e. for your opponent to run out of allies to hold you down with. A few weapons don't hurt either if you like it.

    Your ally pool looks solid (maybe replace keldor with death mage), but you could take out bloodlust and king's pride for free slots. KP doesn't quite work so well when you already need to pay high upkeep for your PBs to work properly (or in reverse are getting a whole lot of extra damage for your resources out of them anyway) and bloodlust is usually not so good except in a rush deck. By that i mean that it can be a welcome draw every now and then, but your deck performs generally less solid due to its ineffectiveness whenever you have less than 2 allies in play (that aren't disabled or something).

    Bad santa i find isn't something you need. If you're drawing slow due to lack of BF, you just start clearing the stage for your 5-drops by turn 2 already. Both shadow knight and plasma b are good to give you something worthwhile to pay for all the time, even without bf.
    Thanks for the feedback! Very good suggestions here. I will definitely give 'em a go.
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

  6. #6
    Senior Member graphlem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,372
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    Ter needs board, but struggles harder for it than the other warriors, esp. when going second and/or facing heroes with in-built board control (through abilities), hence why he needs to include more tools for that and not just 3 crippling blows. Besides CB you need shield bash so that a gargoyle can kill a plasma if necessary and a few valiant defenders since that is the only way of actually regaining board when consecutively being threatened by allies other than hoping for the best, i.e. for your opponent to run out of allies to hold you down with. A few weapons don't hurt either if you like it.
    +1 I ran a decent Ter in 1.27 and w/o question his biggest drawback was losing the board and trying to regain it.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

    1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

  7. #7
    Member Benacio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    72
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    +1 I ran a decent Ter in 1.27 and w/o question his biggest drawback was losing the board and trying to regain it.
    True. It has proven to be able to maintain it well. Taking it back... not so much.
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •