Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Does any top players use hunter decks?

Do no top players use hunter decks here? I am tired of mage and wulven decks so I am going to attempt to make one.

Banebow seems like an awesome card and with the ability to lay down traps to either stall or kill enemy players, surely this is a great deck to play?

What skills and creatures would fit into this deck?
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 02-28-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Without actually knowing what decks the top players are using I'm almost positive none of them are Hunter decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont think hunters are viable without bows in the game yet. their card drawing is totally reliant on your opponent playing allies when some decks like lone wolf darkclaw decks dont have any. traps are subpar because you cannot target with them. banebow's ability is good but you would leaning pretty heavily on shadow allies and blood lust to win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was thinking something like the below?

Basically place down traps to stall/kill enemy allys, yes you cannot target but if you get them down it will prevent them from summoning further. Also have into the forest which costs only 1 resource and again is there to stall further allowing me to place my own creatures down.

Now this is where I get stuck, I was wondering whether to use Bloodlust to buff my creatures OR could just include Poison and Flaming arrows, stay defensive and hit their hero and watch it slowly die 4 hp points per turn, would work well against Darkclaw.

Not forgetting Banebows ability to hit targets with his ability.

Obviously when weapons come into place Rapid Fire in there for something.

The below spells need some arranging, can anyone offer some advise?

Hero : Banebow

Beasts :
    3x Bad Wolf
    3x Keldor
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Belladonna

Spells:
    4x Death Trap
    4x Net Trap
    4x Into the Forest

Which of the below?
    3x Poison Arrow
    3x Flaming Arrow
    3x Bloodlust

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont think they can be too competitive yet cause their killer cards, and the human heros abilities, require a weapon. The strength of hunter decks will be rapid fire+weapon+aimed shot, and doing huge damage with the hero itself.

But I think this combo will be very strong. Think the human hunter with 'does +2 damage with bow' ability, plus rapid fire, aimed shot, and even a 1 damage weapon. thats 2x4 damage every turn! And each card is also good alone so long as you have a weapon, so you arent relying on drawing them all to start doing good damage. The power level of this will depend on a typical weapons durability, i guess.

I did try a deck a bit like the one you posted, but it struggled. The ones ive played so far that have worked best have been edalwen portal, majiya spell spam, zaladar, and darkclaw. Had a bit of luck with a few others, but of the ones ive tried only those seemed competitive.
    Last edited by momo; 03-01-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice.

As a temporary measure, what about if I was to take out bloodlust, use my creatures mainly as resouces and meat shields and use flaming and poison arrows to inflict 4 damage per turn to their hero. With traps, forest and creatures to deal with their creatures and protect my hero, my opponent will basically be a walking time bomb.

Yes it might be a bit cheesy but no more annoying than darkclaw and Mage decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there is no any rating loss now if u just leave the game, so basically ratings are useless now. so how do you define top players?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After reviewing I think your choice of monsters makes sense. How many of each do you use?

Would you ever consider more Net traps and Poison/fire arrows?

Would rapid fire work with Banebows ability or is it only if he is holding a weapon?

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    04 x my chosen monsters.

I'm already holding 33 cards at the moment. But 2 more Net traps and 2 more arrows 'may' be alright, can be used for sacrifice.

Rapid Fire works.

FYI, its scored comfortable wins over Eladwen's deck (with early Portal and Research) with a good card draw, but is useless against wolves.
    Last edited by Stuart Chong; 03-01-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm I think il try this...Is it viable vs wolven ?