Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    Protector prevented the opponent from attacking anyone, including the hero, except for allies with protector. Targeting was allowed. The Lance combo let you essentially gain Moon's current ability for a cost of 2 shadow.

It doesn't sound that terrifying in the current meta, I have to admit.

Exact wordings.

Version 1.25

Aeon: 6cc 3/8/ Protector: Enemies cannot attack your other allies or hero

Version 1.26 Test server

Lance: 2: Target ally you control gains Ambush and Stealth until the start of your next turn.

Basically, on the 1.26 test server, you could store up a lot of SE. When Aeon came out, you would use the SE on Aeon, so Lance cannot be attacked at all for many turns. And you could use it selectively, when your opponent has no allies out, you could build out more SE again.

But the combo was nerfed before 1.26 hit live. Aeon's abilities were changed and no longer protected hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For those who played mostly with mages, the Aeon change was seen as a buff, not a nerf. Under the old rules, mages just ignored Aeon because by the time he came down, the enemy hero was within burn range anyhow, so you just killed them. If things were going badly, you could just burn down the allies hiding behind Aeon. I suspect the Lance combo wasn't the primary reason for Aeon's change (if it was, it would have made more sense to change Lance's ability instead).

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    For those who played mostly with mages, the Aeon change was seen as a buff, not a nerf. Under the old rules, mages just ignored Aeon because by the time he came down, the enemy hero was within burn range anyhow, so you just killed them. If things were going badly, you could just burn down the allies hiding behind Aeon. I suspect the Lance combo wasn't the primary reason for Aeon's change (if it was, it would have made more sense to change Lance's ability instead).
    I agree with most points.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    warriors. I feel as if luck plays a crucial factor for warriors. With 4 Bf in a 40 card deck. not playing it from turn 2 to turn 5 is basically a loss against a skilled player of other races. on the other hand, going first, turn 2 BF and regular draws would mean a 90% win. not saying warriors is too strong or weak, but its a race that depends heavily on BF. No other race depends so heavily on one single card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are people certain the game is reasonably balanced now? Isn't it premature to be certain it is either balanced or unbalanced? (I mean balanced in the "at least as balanced as the previous version" sense)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker888 View Post
    warriors. I feel as if luck plays a crucial factor for warriors. With 4 Bf in a 40 card deck. not playing it from turn 2 to turn 5 is basically a loss against a skilled player of other races. on the other hand, going first, turn 2 BF and regular draws would mean a 90% win. not saying warriors is too strong or weak, but its a race that depends heavily on BF. No other race depends so heavily on one single card
    somewhat agree here. Warriors are easily the strongest class it seems - superior draw engine, superior weapons, superior armor. I understand that there are things that can counter this, but it seems like overall warriors have the most/best support cards. To me, there are 4 things that dictate a game - one is draw engine, the other three are ways to do damage (direct damage, weapons, and allies - there are others like portal, se, flame/poison, mc, rabid bite, etc. - but i will leave those out for now)
    Warriors have 3 out of the 4 and thats why i see them as the strongest. Couple that with the new abilities and things seem a little unbalanced. If jericho wasn't nerfed so much, he would have a chance. But as it is now, i see them as the best.
    poopster [def] :

One who pwns noobs with feces or dung.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    not to flame or nothing but i think your full of it. Its far from balanced. Now ive only been playing 2 days and i play with a human ranger and i give up on pvp for now its just not fair vs that mage that does 4 damage to all allies. Ranger abilitys are very expensive and focus for the most part on a single target where the mages get dot and massive aoe. The only thing i can rely on is my bows and rapid fire then again its costly doing that, the only way i ever even win vs that mage is if i get a really good starting hand and the mage gets a crappy one. It makes the game very boing for a new player when everyone and there dog uses that mage. ive played 20 pvp games so far and 18 of them were vs that mage. they need to 1 nerf the damage of that ability or increase it to like 6 cause every 4 turns is just an annoyance. hate on my post all you want but neither human ranger matches that mage.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    18 matches against Nishaven out of 20? Really? He is the face of Shadow Era and the default starter deck hero, so maybe that's the reason. Most people are complaining about Eladwen and Darkclaw though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilderwulf View Post
    they need to 1 nerf the damage of that ability or increase it to like 6 cause every 4 turns is just an annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    18 matches against Nishaven out of 20? Really? He is the face of Shadow Era and the default starter deck hero, so maybe that's the reason. Most people are complaining about Eladwen and Darkclaw though.
    I think he's referring to Eladwen when he says every 4 turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Schdawn View Post
    I think he's referring to Eladwen when he says every 4 turn.
    He talked also about "that mage that does 4 damage to all allies", so there's a mistake somewhere.
    However, I think that GDC got the right one...