Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blood Frenzy against Eladwen - to play or not to play

That is the question. Is it better to get cards and more chance of getting an Enrage, at the expense of potentially helping Eladwen kill you?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Both enrage and rampage are worth playing since u wanna make her run out of fuel.all these ONLY if u have easy board control.if playing a BF means she gets the chance to early board control that in any other case she wouldnt and makes u spend 2-3 turns to get back then it is definately a NO
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It depends on what draw the eladwen is carrying. If you see them play a research or tainted oracle, you should play BF to keep up (or ahead) in draw.

If the eladwen is using bazaar & bad santa, you can do without, they will provide you with enough cards.

Like Otto said, don't give up board control to play it. Wait for the eladwen to play a draw card first, then react accordingly.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or just, try the next five game without BF, and five other games with BF, you will be able to have your own conclusion.

Of course what Hatts said is true, but when you're T2 and nothing else than BF in hand, and no way to know what your opponent will run, what to do ? sac BF or cast BF, ah ah, see my first sentence, i'm actually stuck on 1.277...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you have nothing else to do on turn 2, I think its better to play it rather than sacrifice it. The extra cards will come in handy.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    +1. Extra cards = better choices + more resources.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    +1. Extra cards = better choices + more resources.
    I am amazed. You don't mention anything about the cost, namely 1 health for each (extra) card. The others here do mention the consequences. They tell us 'under such and such circumstances yes/no...' Are you saying here 'No matter what cast BF'?

EDIT: Before I get accused again of trolling, I am really curious about your stance. You are considered very knowledgable, but statements like these...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't usually spell out everything cos i like people to try it out and find things out for themselves.

Unless it needs examples or it's difficult to understand. Or it goes against the usual flow.

It's about board advantage. Imagine you draw a card, jd. Does not do much for you. Then imagine, with bf in play, you draw a jd AND retreat. That can swing games.

To strengthen the current case, if bazaar is in play, u retreat elad's jas. Jas flies back to opponent's hand, making it 6 cards. Instead of drawing 2 on his turn, he only draws one. Card advantage gained.

Another example. Bf in play. T4, Amber draws 2 on your turn. Aldon and Skullborn. Cast both on same turn, as compared to: no bf, draw only aldon.

Countless examples with amber.

Also, more cards= more resources. Aeon, KP can cause a lot of pain to elad. More resources=more combos. Ie. Aldon + kris + retreat.

Will I cast a bf if my opponent's bazaar is out? It depends.

On my deck and how it works. If I can do 2 spells a turn, yes, I may cast bf on top of bazaar. Also depends if I have bs in hand.

Card choices. Very critical. As a warrior player, i know- bf is very good. Imagine I draw 2 per turn, it helps a lot. Aldon/jas - cast the one that's better. Late game- KP or aeon? Cripple blow or retreat. Many people don't realize that this advantage is HUGE.

Many people feel that warriors are OP, they always seem to draw the cards they need. Of course. They draw 2 instead of 1, just sac the poorer choice of the 2; it's not even wasted. It becomes a resource.

Also, drawing more cards also helps u to accelerate to cards that helps you to win. BE, Kris, Aeon, KP, etc.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 11-05-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BF is good in vacuum, however it's another issue against Eladwen.

If Eladwen you're facing runs Bazaar and Bad Santa as draw engine,
    she'll Santa-bomb you like mad, causing you to lose a lot of CA, while giving her free Poison Gas.

Better wait until she plays other slower draw engine (Research, Oracle) before playing BF.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Of cos, it depends. Sometimes my hand is full of reactive cards or high cc cards. Then, i may hold back bf. Also, every elad is different. Some run research instead of bazaar.