Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis IS NOT DEAD!!!

Ele is a one trick pony but definitely not dead like some have been whining about... Probably the most consistent when it comes to fighting mages, just hope not to fight the same one in case they learn the trick! Against frosty, my win-rate is at 70% with ele but with that deck it almost always loses to any other deck other than rogues. The main thing about frosty and other mages currently is that they always wipe the board. To counter that all you need to do is buff one monster to the max and hope the mage doesnt have retreat. If they do, which most noobs wont bother to put, then gg, the game is already won. If they do have retreat then it is just a game of luck. Considering that 4/10 of the battles i have played are mages, ele can climb the ranks pretty fast.

my deck (roughly) one trick pony style
    4X Infernal Gargoyle
    3X Bad Wolf
    4X Shadow Font
    3X Life Infusion
    pretty much anything else you want to throw in there

for the deck i use i only have one energy discharge and no mc thus it is pretty useless against everything else but somehow i managed to win games against most hunters and pretty much rogues. so roughly about 10 out of the 20 heroes can be beaten with a build like that. this shows that ele is not dead, just not well used so stop complaining! anyway my rating is about 180 so perhaps in the 200+ bracket this build would lose 9/10 but for just winning regular games against frosty, ele is not dead!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Truly, elementalis is not dead.

The new ability is actually very good and has a lot of tactical value. Boosting bad wolf/medusil to 4 attack allows 1HKO. Boosting gargoyle gives a tough nut to kill. Boosting dark flayer allows him to survive more hits.

The prob for elementalis is against heroes like logan and human warriors. They have crippling blow and can crippled the boosted ally. Human warriors also have retreat as you mentioned.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    would you like a list of single cards that stop an elementalis deck in its tracks?

i love your post though, 70% win rate against frostmire played by noobs without retreat... but loses to everyone else but rogues and some hunters at a lower rank. nice. she really isnt dead. forgive me all my posts.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol when I mentioned 70% it also included frosty from the 200+ bracket. Just because you suck at forming decks is not a reason to say that a particular hero is dead. Against mages in general I can win almost all the time. Yes there are a lot of cards that stop elementals but when so many players are mage users, the pros outweigh the cons of using it. If you really want to build a tournament deck with ele it is very possible. Crap players are crap players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think Elementalis is dead, either, but...

Winning against rogues isn't exactly a big selling point. It's the worst class in the game. Beating human mages who don't use retreat isn't a good argument either. Elementalis has a lot of possibilities to do much better than that, I think, regardless of whether you agree with the Caitlyn0 argument or the arguments made against her.

I hope beating only rogues and inexperienced players is not considered a goal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 retreat or CB is easy win vs. elementalis. While i do like the change to elementalis, those two cards almost make her irrelevant...especially since there are a lot of warrior decks out there.
    poopster [def] :

One who pwns noobs with feces or dung.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by poopster77 View Post
    4 retreat or CB is easy win vs. elementalis. While i do like the change to elementalis, those two cards almost make her irrelevant...especially since there are a lot of warrior decks out there.
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah ele has a lot of potential but just having retreat does not stop ele. The build I use is mainly for stopping mages and the rogue part was sarcasm (anyone can beat rogues). I have also beaten mages with 3 retreats fasted. The difference is that you just need to time your abilities better and is a lot harder but still quite useable. The man point I was trying to make was that even with a build solely for 1 class, it does not make that hero dead. Also ele can handle his own against gwen though warriors and ms are by problems. With tuning, priests could also be a deck to beat. Sorry if I was a hour harsh but cat whining was seriously annoying!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didn't get the sarcasm about rogues. Thanks for clearing that up. Caitlyn's complaints about Elementalis are original. Since the ability was changed I've seen lots of Elementalis. I don't find her view or the way she expresses it annoying at all, so I'm sorry to disagree with you there.

Retreat seriously screws up the game for Elementalis and renders her ability pointless. Crippling blow half as much if the player chooses to use Conversion on the useless ally. But, basically, if a game in theory ends on turn 12, Elementalis would have used her ability 4-6 times, depending on if Shadow Font was cast. That's four retreats/crippling blows/captured prey/Boris's ability that can be played on her allies. Even if two or three are used, her ability has been rendered pretty much useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i suck at deck building? truly? energy discharge and mind control are two of the most powerful cards in the game and you only use one ED and no MC? and your build is meant just for mages because everyone is using them, right? especially eladwen, right? and all the high rating players are playing mostly eladwen, right? and apparently, they are all playing solo mages, right? thats why no mc and only one ed (since i suck at deck building i dont know that one ED in a deck is useless)

so, let me get this right, i dont want to be wrong. you are playing mostly against solo frostmire and its mainly from high rating players WHO arent using retreat... and you are not only surviving past turn 8, you are winning.

but i will tell you one thing, i can build an elementalis deck and win most of my matches... but thats completely because of the elemental cards and the fact that i know how to use them. elementalis as a hero is dead. i was dared to take a challege to prove what i have said and i had already done it... but no one else seems to want to, not even to try to prove me wrong.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory