Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by isolen View Post
    is it balanced? U should play Serena. I guess u even cannot remember the existence of Serena.
    In every meta, there will always be a few decks that would dominate. It's normal. There will also be a few 'forgotten' ones. That's ok, as long as the tier 1.5/2 decks can beat the tier 1 decks occasionally. It would be impossible for every hero to be tier 1 due to limited card pool, limited card interactions.

Some heroes will always do better as they interact better with the existing card pool as compared to the rest of the heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    In every meta, there will always be a few decks that would dominate. It's normal. There will also be a few 'forgotten' ones. That's ok, as long as the tier 1.5/2 decks can beat the tier 1 decks occasionally. It would be impossible for every hero to be tier 1 due to limited card pool, limited card interactions.

Some heroes will always do better as they interact better with the existing card pool as compared to the rest of the heroes.
    Thank you! Very true!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoCutty View Post
    I will admit before it was unfair but they have fixed all the broken with 1.28. Yes different decks have changed and you have to play with different types of cards but its balance nonetheless. Decks that weren't hard now are and vice versa. Everything can be countered in certain ways with every deck. The biggest complaint is DC. Just hit him good while not under his ability. You lose? Build a better deck and don't get mad, get even. Elementalis is my favorite now and they say he is broken as well he doesn't "do well" against mass allies... Haha are you kidding me!? His ability is to give 1 Atk and 3 health... If that mixed with mind control and just even shadow font then YOU ARE playing wrong. Then their is Eladwin... Whine, whine, whine about him going for the throat with his ability. Guess what? Um play the same way. Devise a freaking strategy for Pete's sake. Don't just sit there and let it happen, think people!!!

Please star this post.
    I think you forgot about Logan, or you really think that he is also balanced?
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me, I don't care who's T1 and who's not. I'm just very disappointed that this release came out without better testing and much consideration of how the game is played.

Hero ability changes should come with the full set instead of this, making larger gap between Heros.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar View Post
    I think you forgot about Logan, or you really think that he is also balanced?
    Logan weakness is the same as Darkclaw only less because he can still take damage. Acid jets, shieks, stop thief, and most of all radiant sunlight and shadow serpent.

Oh and of course the giant one being Snow S. and any other kind of armor basically.
    Last edited by LeoCutty; 10-31-2011 at 01:25 PM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dinglee View Post
    To me, I don't care who's T1 and who's not. I'm just very disappointed that this release came out without better testing and much consideration of how the game is played.
    Now this: I agree.

I remembered testing Lance for a long time. He and Serena was at test server for a very long time, before it was launched. We quickly reported that Aeon + Lance (power:2SE) was far too strong and broken. I think the Devs heard us.

Wait, first of all, I still hate rants/nerf posts. To me, just suck it up and play. If you feel that it's too OP, take a break, wait for the next update, or:

Some suggestions: if anyone's bored and sick of quick games due to elad or Logan proliferation, join us at the irc channel, and play custom games. During the popular time slots there are a lot of players there. Or join a guild and play with your fellow guild members. Try bluejet's juggernaut team or pp star's shinning stars.
    Back to the example:

1. The Aeon nerf - just before 1.26, was done well. Lance appeared on live 1.26 and the combo could not stand. (phew!) BUT the Aeon nerf was not tested on test server. was there probably only 2 days. But it did not take a genius to know that the nerf was sufficient to kill the Lance/Aeon combo.

(Can someone please list Aeon's original ability in 1.24/1.25 so that all new players know WTH I am talking about?)

2. Steed nerf - again, timely feedback by the testers (us) proved to be good and timely. Steed boost used to be +2. MattOG invented the ultimate weenie rush deck on the test server. Wiped out 90% of the decks out there. Thankfully, steed was nerfed before it saw light at live server, otherwise the situation would be worse than now. There will only be 1 dominant hero. Zal/Steed/Weenie super rush.

So, I hope Kyle and Calmdown is reading this.

A lot of us love the game and devotes a lot of time on SE. My suggestion is to let the test cards stay longer on test server before release. I think there are a lot of players here who are willing to spend some time testing and giving feedbacks.

Give us some incentives like crystals or recognition. (Or hire me, am looking for a career change!)

There are a lot of good theorycrafters here. These people can do immediate feedbacks once they see the cards on test server and report some results after some basic runs with the combos.

I hope I am making some sense here. In the past, I had huge complaints over how the test server was being run (horrible bugs, unplayability, etc) and that's because I was approaching it from the angle that I wanted a competitive head-start over others in preparing for the new meta.

But now, I see some light and view the test server as a platform for testing and feedback, purely out of the love of the game.

I think a lot of us are already doing that. And I do feel that these people ought to be recognized. or thanked.

Lastly, I feel that these increasingly frequently rant/OP/nerf threads would be much lesser, had there been a longer period of testing on test server. A lot of people gave up testing on test server because (at least for me), there was no incentive to do so, passionately.

Imagine that a group of dedicated players had gotten together and tested the current 1.28 on test server over 3 weeks, the group would have reported back that certain heroes are clearly tier 1, or that some combos/deck builds were too strong and lacks balance, or that stall decks were going to be prevalent.

The Devs can inform the group why certain cards were created as such. The group can then feedback that perhaps the same goal can be achieved in perhaps a variety of other ways.

For example, if I was in the testing group, I would have immediately reported that Serena's ability is useless and definitely needs changing. As there is only 1 weapon available for her. No one's gonna play her.

The relationship between the current volunteer testers/Devs needs improvement. pronto.

Unless the Devs feel that the current volunteer testers are useless or not contributing enough. If that's the case, just ignore my points above. IMO, there are a lot of great thinkers here that can help Wulven/SE a lot. Bugs/feedback can be reported via email/PMs and does not need to be made public.

Edit: please excuse me for the long wall post

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i hop on the bus of your aspect happily!!so many days arguing with people about the same thing. 1.28 is far better than 1.27 and much much more balanced.Rogues are just the exception.Most of the other Heroes are well balanced and not far apart from each other.in fact now in 40 card enviroment strategy comes forth much more than before.decks must prove themselves consistent with draw engines,item destruction,armour destruction,board wipping etc!!!
    not only Logan but warriors in teneral are rulling this version but we have many good Heros also.i like DB,Eladwen,Nishaven (yes him!!),Wulven(mostly MS not DC!!),and i am always an Elemental guy(this time Eleme talis instead of Zal!!).in 1.27 there were only Maj,Amber,Gwen and....well noone else!!

the point isnt power.good players will win more than worse players even if everybody's win percentages drop due to the balance.in fact all strong decks have a bad matchup!!the poiny is to find good balance and win more than others.plus this balance is flexible.i mean if too many DCs show up then too many Ter Aduns,or Eles or Zhannas will show up again.if too many Eles show up then too many ally heavy warriors will come as an answer etc!!the point is to keep track and stay on top of the new situations!!!

ps:i also think Ele has great potential!!really great and can win every deck (unlike many really strong decks that have bad matchups).it takes great insight though to come up with the perfect combination to maintain consistency...i am still working on it,if someone wants to share thougbts please PM me!!
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I can only applaude your post, Raphael.
    Totally agree with every single word.
    Well done.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    (Can someone please list Aeon's original ability in 1.24/1.25 so that all new players know WTH I am talking about?)
    Protector prevented the opponent from attacking anyone, including the hero, except for allies with protector. Targeting was allowed. The Lance combo let you essentially gain Moon's current ability for a cost of 2 shadow.

It doesn't sound that terrifying in the current meta, I have to admit.
    Last edited by Ringel; 10-31-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Terrifying?
    With 4SE to trigger the ability and a 6cc ally (because, who would lose haste and ambush with skull if not in desperate cases?) that would be terrific...