Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just wanted to say..

Ive still yet to play against a single Darkclaw deck in 1.28.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilderwulf View Post
    not to flame or nothing but i think your full of it. Its far from balanced. Now ive only been playing 2 days and i play with a human ranger and i give up on pvp for now its just not fair vs that mage that does 4 damage to all allies. Ranger abilitys are very expensive and focus for the most part on a single target where the mages get dot and massive aoe. The only thing i can rely on is my bows and rapid fire then again its costly doing that, the only way i ever even win vs that mage is if i get a really good starting hand and the mage gets a crappy one. It makes the game very boing for a new player when everyone and there dog uses that mage. ive played 20 pvp games so far and 18 of them were vs that mage. they need to 1 nerf the damage of that ability or increase it to like 6 cause every 4 turns is just an annoyance. hate on my post all you want but neither human ranger matches that mage.
    Welcome to the game! It can be frustrating to learn any new game when jumping into pvp at first, I know that firsthand. However, please let me assure you that the mage who gets the built-in AoE is actually quite balanced, and not even top-tier. If you hunt around the forums (or start a thread asking for help with your deck!) there are answers to be had for him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by isolen View Post
    is it balanced? U should play Serena. I guess u even cannot remember the existence of Serena.
    +1
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    He talked also about "that mage that does 4 damage to all allies", so there's a mistake somewhere.
    However, I think that GDC got the right one...
    Sometimes non-native English speakers use 'all' instead of 'any' by mistake,
    and 18 games vs. Eladwen out of 20 in 1.28 sounds very plausible.

but idk, in 1.28 both human mages (the death race couple) are equally frustrating to fight against.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Welcome to the game! It can be frustrating to learn any new game when jumping into pvp at first, I know that firsthand. However, please let me assure you that the mage who gets the built-in AoE is actually quite balanced, and not even top-tier. If you hunt around the forums (or start a thread asking for help with your deck!) there are answers to be had for him.
    How exactly is a ranger supposed to even counter Eladwen though? Every deck ive played against uses the exact same stragety. They use almost no creatures making soul seeker, death trap, posin arrow, and flame arrow almost useless. They then will stack a posin and fire dot on your hero, then use a frost like armor that freezes anything that attacks them, and burn you to death with spells.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How exactly is a ranger supposed to even counter Eladwen though? Every deck ive played against uses the exact same stragety. They use almost no creatures making soul seeker, death trap, posin arrow, and flame arrow almost useless. They then will stack a posin and fire dot on your hero, then use a frost like armor that freezes anything that attacks them, and burn you to death with spells.
    So did you mean Eladwen or Nishaven? There are some Nishaven complaint threads too, but he is inferior to Eladwen in most match-ups you will find in Quick Match, so Eladwen seems to be the Hero more people are annoyed about.

Rangers (hunters) have it hard right now, against Eladwen and Darkclaw, yes. If you have not been playing long, then you might want to make a second account and pick a different starting hero, or spend some SC on a new Hero.

BTW, if you haven't already done it, you can pick up some free crystals from here: http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The matchup against Eladwen is going to be a tough one for hunters, either way, for sure. I don't play much with hunters, but in ordr to beat the nearly-ally-free strat you're talking about with any deck is to play out your own allies on a smooth curve (being careful not to overextend, or else Supernova will make you pay). She'll have to expend her damage to kill off your allies (otherwise you'll outpace her on damage). You're right about having all those dead cards, which is why you should consider changing your build to be less dependant on those types of cards so you have fewer of them in the deck and thus fewer dead cards vs this kind of build. It's also worthwhile to make use of Protectors against mages...if they aren't playing many allies, this can be seriously disruptive to their removal strategies in the early game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    The matchup against Eladwen is going to be a tough one for hunters, either way, for sure. I don't play much with hunters, but in ordr to beat the nearly-ally-free strat you're talking about with any deck is to play out your own allies on a smooth curve (being careful not to overextend, or else Supernova will make you pay). She'll have to expend her damage to kill off your allies (otherwise you'll outpace her on damage). You're right about having all those dead cards, which is why you should consider changing your build to be less dependant on those types of cards so you have fewer of them in the deck and thus fewer dead cards vs this kind of build. It's also worthwhile to make use of Protectors against mages...if they aren't playing many allies, this can be seriously disruptive to their removal strategies in the early game.
    Thanks for the tip, Protectors seem to do it cut my deck down to 40 got rid of alot of those dead cards. Switched heros from heartstriker to truesight went more for a bow build, went from about a 20% win ratio to a 60-70%, thanks again

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see a change since 1.28 was released... Oh wait... I'm still on 1.277 on my I-Pad....
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    I don't see a change since 1.28 was released... Oh wait... I'm still on 1.277 on my I-Pad....
    Trololololol ....
    Oh wait.... me too