Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face Boris <permafrost>

Hi everyone!

Need some feedback here.
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se070.2se138

Basicly a protector/board controll deck.
    Only thing hat might need explaneing is...

*Snow Saphire: for pesky weapon builds and DC. As well as a way to get back on the board, should you lose it.

*Earthen Protector: mostely for locking the board with Aeon.

Im fearly new to warriors, and I like the "protector ally deck style". Warriors over Priests. And hum, else Id play Ter Adun.
    Even with the protector theme games are almost always done after 8-12 turns. Mostely in my favour, but you know...

Lastely, Im not a weapons kinda guy, but feel free to "turn me".

EDIT: found a cheesy name. Permafrost, protector+earthen protctor+snow saphire=permafrost.

42 cards.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-30-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: 42
    ~•||There is no team,.. in Axe!||•~
    Former White & Blue MTG player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I run a deck very different for my play style. However in keeping with the theme of your deck these would be adjustments I would make. First you don't need Val defender you have two cards that already have protector. In this meta you need item destruction so I would add some. So take a look at the changes I made and see if that would work better for you.

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se064.3se132

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the input, I like it.
    That said, I do love Valiant defender, it makes the game for me far to often to remove it.
    Yes, item destruction is important, but I already use misplaced, and destroy arms only destroy.. well, arms.
    Misplaced works better for me, since it can remove raindelay or fullmoon etc. As well as give you a turn free of armor etc.

Nice to see another aeon and aldon, but not at the cost of warbaner, misplaced and valiant defender. This of course in MY opinion. =)

In any case, thanks for feedback, keep em' comming.

EDIT: Valiant defender is not to be cofused with Warrior training.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-30-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you played the deck much? That can be an effective way to suss' out its strengths and weaknesses.

Misplaced shouldn't often give you an armor free turn-- How many armors have cost 4 or less?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    Have you played the deck much? That can be an effective way to suss' out its strengths and weaknesses.

Misplaced shouldn't often give you an armor free turn-- How many armors have cost 4 or less?
    As for playing it, going strong in customs with friends and family atm. =)
    Namely, both wulven, Victor, majia, nirthaven and gravebone to some extent.

True about misplaced, my bad, thanks for pointing it out. Still keeping it, tho. Since I have more problems with DC then with armors and weps.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-30-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Destroy Arms vs Misplaced is pretty conditional. It depends on who you face most often. I'd stay flexible there, if you start running into a lot of effective weapon/armor users (like Eladwyn!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    Destroy Arms vs Misplaced is pretty conditional. It depends on who you face most often. I'd stay flexible there, if you start running into a lot of effective weapon/armor users (like Eladwyn!)
    thanks, im sure It'll shift quickly when I face a good Eladwyn. But to me it seems, either lose against eladwyn, or DC. ;p
    If you have a solution for this, please share it. =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like I was saying I would build it alot different but here is a solution for you. Gives you the ability to have both and if you save the misplaced for the right time you can use it effectively.

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....1se162.4se061

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris <insert cheesy name here>
    Lol, you are definitive a TLOTpSGR person.

Nice deck, I like it. I don't play so much humans, so I can't give you many suggestions, but I see some problems with the deck and I have some suggestions:

1st problem: Complete untuned. Having a lot of different cards in small amount gives you bad draws, ever and forever.
    2th problem: You don't have any early game, almost all the stuff is expensive.
    2th problem: Very Expensive to buy

Suggestions: I will try to fix the untuned and expensive problem trying to follow your idea.

+1 Aeon, -1 Bridgitte. Strong Allies are better deals in the long game. Bridgitte are noisy and stubborn, but with arcane, nova, ice, etc, they are just shit. If this is an protector and ally based deck, I had a better idea that Aeons: Sand Worms + Warrior Train and maybe Reinforced Armor. Is almost an immortal ally. +1 Raven.

-2 Aldon. Don't sure if you need them (you are using KP), maybe add +1 War Banner, same cost and is not an often target (everybody prefers to kill an ally that destroy an item).

Earthen Protector is too expensive, and Marshal Sentinel is more useful. Same happens with Lily and you don't have really items to return.

+1 Jasmine, +4 Puwen, for early game and sacrifice cards.

Misplaced. Why you use it when you can use "smashing blow"? and it have no limitations. You need 3

V. Defender, usles against priest, mage, elemental, banebow, etc… -4

Engrange, good, but don't sure if you need. Maybe Retreat is more useful to have more bard control or fix allies.

Armors. If you are making an ally based deck, you need more KP and more chance to get one, if you have smashing blow you don't need the sapphire. +2KP -SS

My suggestion (Maybe can add some Marshal Sentinel, remove some bridget)

With Worms

Maybe if we take out "plus stuff", we can have a faster deck adding some Dream

My Version It should work great with Dream instead of Marshal Sentinel

(:
    Last edited by PabloMag; 11-10-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    The Selection Gods (Remember!) want you to their Guild:
    TLOTpSGR and ELEMENTALS -- Join Today
    PabloMag's 1.28 Decks

In ShadowEra Hall of Fame
    Add me on Google+
    Add me on Facebook

PabloMag, "The Saint Prophet"
    Supreme Emperor of Shadow Era

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow~ After the size of that feedback, it hardly seems right to write a short reply. :d

Thing is, you are right in much of what you say, and you have built some really good decks.
    And now, after both more experience, and reading your reply. My Boris deck would look like this:
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....3se165.3se064

That being said, I'm more into shadow atm.

As for Sandworm + training... meh, too much rely on luck, and against Victor or Logan it makes no difference.
    The point of Earthen Protector is to play it after a protector card. Idealy Aeon, but Birgitte serves as well.

V.defender is more for early game, and those heroes are not so dangerous then. And there is mostely allys to worry about.
    Might be, though. That haveing three cards just for the possebility of an early advantage is too much?

Misplaced was a misstake in the end. So yes, Smashing blow is better.
    I even ended up removeing SS. I still belive it is good, but without Lily, I had more fate in adding one more KP. It worked out great.

Lastely, thanks for awesome feedback! =)
    Last edited by Anqwa; 11-10-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: link + aeon