Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Problems in buying/selling cards [reviewed]

when I buy or sell it often occurs that the merchant takes / gives the wrong number of cards e.g. if I try to sell 2 of my six "extra sharp" i found that the remaining cards are only 3, if i buy 2" poor quality " he gives me 4 of them, all this with the added gold prices. In a first moment seems that all has gone well and the card number is correct but after leaving the merchant and doing other activities with the account ( games on line, vs AI, etc. ) i found that the number of cards and gold has changed.
    I play on a PC with Explorer.

Can anyone help me? thanks.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Click the buttons more slowly. I have never seen this happen and never heard of it before.

EDIT: Note that the number in the top right of the card shows how many you have excluding any in your deck. The number to trust is the one under the card when it's displayed zoomed (for buying or selling), e.g. "Total owned: 1"
    Last edited by Gondorian; 10-29-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Possible source of issue explained

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes i have the same problem. whenever i buy or sell a card, it seems ok at first. it show 1 in my inventory, deducted 100gold. but after about 5min or after playing match. the inventory will now show 2 card and 200gold deducted. the same thing applied for selling too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rocklee,
    my environment is web: PC, Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9; ADSL.
    Which is yours?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Either I have never had this happened or never noticed it happening. We have not been able to reproduce this, nor is it a common issue. I presume some sort of network issue occurred when you bought/sold the cards, which would explain the lag in your Shadow Era clients updating information.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not a long time I play Shadow Era, and first time problem occured I didn't realize: I preferred to think in a "heavy hand" case.
    But it happened again, so I decided to put it under observation. Lately I asked an other player, more experienced in Shadow Era, to use his hand instead of mine, but the result was the error.

"I presume some sort of network issue"(AnAdolt).
    Of course it's not a version problem.
    I can't say "It happens every time", but its frequency is too high to be considered exceptional.
    An other player share my ADSL connection and he never had this problem (but often he uses Ipod): the probability we use the same server is'nt =1, but should be high if server are selected per area mode.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since my last message, I've bought only twice, and twice I encountered the error:
    1) yesterday, Central Europe Time 17:00:00, UTC 16:00:00; 1 Mind Control ordered, 2 M.C. bought;
    2) today, few minutes ago, Central Europe Time 17:50:00, UTC 16:50:00; 1 Shadow Knight ordered, 2 S.K. bought.

I agree probably it's some sort of network issue (I don't know what they are but sync error sounds well).
    Then, does the problem depend on the Server I connect to? Hardware or software problem?

I write this message hoping that this can help someone debbugging the error.
    Thank you for your attention.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's more or less a hardware problem. Specifically, network connectivity resulting in either packets being dropped or packet errors. I think the situation can be improved with better error handling written into the game but that's just my conjecture. We do continue to improve the code in an effort to reduce the occurrence of sync errors and allow for more server-side changes to made so hopefully this will be a non-issue in the near future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Note that the number in the top right of the card shows how many you have excluding any in your deck. The number to trust is the one under the card when it's displayed zoomed (for buying or selling), e.g. "Total owned: 1"
    Thank you for this, I was actually about to report this as a bug. I find the behaviour highly confusing. I had actually checked the merchant help, and it doesn't mention that the count in the top corner does not include those in your deck. I was trying to sell unwanted cards, and I had resorted to going through the cards 1-by-1 to see how many I owned -- meaning the only solution is to build a deck out of cards that I have 4 or less of, in order to sell the excess easily via the merchant screen (or continue clicking on every single card).

Personally, I would think people wanting to sell cards want to know how many they have total as a first thought, rather than how many they have not including those in a deck. The workaround I mentioned above is not necessarily intuitive, and is annoying either way, since even using an unused hero I have to construct a deck each time I want to do it.

EDIT: I should make it clear, I can understand that the motivation for the method used is to stop people trying to sell cards they have in an active deck, but I think a separate indicator (when the card is zoomed, perhaps) would be more obvious for that purpose.
    Last edited by Venkaz; 02-09-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Clarification