Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetgab View Post
    +1 to kamman. When Boris was first revealed to be "4: Destroy target ally", I loved how balanced things were between the kill-regardless-of-size trio, that is, Boris-Logan-Victor. Boris had to be changed for power level reasons, but the other two were costed and balanced against the old 1.28 Boris.
    This. So now it would be more appropriate to have Logan's ability at 4 cost. Basically they will have the same power with different restrictions. Boris would only kill 4 cost and lower allies while Logan will need a weapon in order to activate his ability but he could kill anything.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bicin View Post
    IMO, Logan outpowers Boris only because of Shadow Font, which makes his ability spammable.

If you don't believe me, try playing Logan without Shadow Font.

I'll play Boris to prove it.

Can PM me.
    I'll take the challenge, cause I'm more interested in the results than anything. Let's set it up.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have slightly misplaced costs here:- Logan's ability requires a weapon, and costs you a point of durability, and costs you your attack for the turn.

Boris costs you nothing but SE.

I don't think Logan is overpowered. I think the compound effect of many strengths of warriors (Blood Frenzy, Crippling Blow, higher hp, no way to passively stop heroes attacking) makes him Tier 1.

The only real problem (in general) at the moment is that we don't have enough Tier 1 heroes, where 1.27 was pretty varied.

Sometimes you just have to ride the Tiers.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Calmdown,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I usually see Boris decks with weapons (JD) which attack allies on their turn and lose durability, the only difference is that those weapons don't auto-kill an ally every other turn. So that doesn't strike me as a downside for logan since both decks are doing that anyways. But I'll trust your judgment and see how the meta evolves.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It might help a bit if the effect of Logan's inherent ability is "any opponent's ally damaged by it at the next turn" is destroyed.
    The way it is now, Logan's user will cast weapon, use inherent ability, and kill any top ally at the same turn. If the effect is delayed to the next turn, it gives the opponent a brief time to counter (giving stealth ability to top ally, use Acid Jet to destroy his weapon before he uses it, etc).

But yeah... Logan as of now is indeed tier 1. Eladwen "the I kill you before turn 8" Frostmire is perhaps his only competition or even nemesis since Eladwen needs no ally to be killed, lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementalis and Zaladar beat him consistantly. Ter Adun owns him. Darkclaw and Eladwen arent even affected by his ability, much (maybe the +1), the way they are played now, same as nishaven. boris and logan can go head to head and its a toss up. a good amber deck is the same. victor, well, when he gets rolling he is better than logan. i would like to see logan's ability raised to 4se myself, but there are a few things i would like that i am not gonna get. but over all... im not seeing the problem, just takes some thinking and a little constructive play making. just like most things.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    Elementalis and Zaladar beat him consistantly. Ter Adun owns him. Darkclaw and Eladwen arent even affected by his ability, much (maybe the +1), the way they are played now, same as nishaven. boris and logan can go head to head and its a toss up. a good amber deck is the same. victor, well, when he gets rolling he is better than logan. i would like to see logan's ability raised to 4se myself, but there are a few things i would like that i am not gonna get. but over all... im not seeing the problem, just takes some thinking and a little constructive play making. just like most things.
    you are a strange cookie
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    What? Are you sure about that? Boris and Logan is a toss up? That can't be. Boris can't kill anyone level 5 and up, Logan can kill anyone every 3 SE. Logan's ability is extremely powerful late in the game. Bring as many shadow fonts and a lot of weapon cards, and you practically kill any aeon, raven, sandworm (use dimension ripper), or whatever is thrown at you.

How can Elementalis beat him up? By raising ally with +1 attack and +3 health? It doesn't even matter if you have 100 health points. One hit and you're destroyed. How is Darkclaw not affected? Logan's inherent ability is mostly to kill top enemy's ally in one shot, and not to attack the enemy's hero (unlike DC). Even if you want to use Logan's ability to attack DC, just wait at the right time when DC doesn't use his inherent ability, and he still got hit by 3 damage (using dimension ripper).

Ter Adun can not own him. The fact of the matter is... Logan casts weapon, use inherent ability, and kill enemy's top ally... all in the same turn. Ter Adun has not even had a chance to react by destroying the weapon. If anyone playing Logan and casting the weapon out first before Logan has enough Shadow Points to use the inherent ability in the same turn, that person may not really know how to use Logan.