Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

People, People, Don't Be Fooled, 1.28 Darkclaw is T3 and Here's Why

Really now, those thinking it's T1 are either severely ignorant about the new 1.28 cards or are just plain trolling.

In fact, 1.27 Moonstalker was much stronger. It's true that Darkclaw's ability is much better than Moonstalker's was on 1.27, so why would the deck be that much worse. It's very simple really, this little card:

See? In 1.27 Moonstalker could actually beat Warriors and Gwen if he got the lock going. And that was a significant portion of the meta. Of course it was auto lose against anything shadow or priests.

Now in 1.28 this deck beats nothing. Let me repeat that so it can sink in, NOTHING.

Sure, you're forced to take it into consideration in deckbuilding and have to tech specifically against it, but that's all that can be said for the deck. And the tech involves 2 cards that can actually be somewhat useful against other decks too. Sure you'll catch noobs by surprise with it, but anyone that's been playing 1.28 longer than a day already knows how to beat it.

Here's how in case you haven't figured it out already. For shadow carry 2 Shrieks, for human 2 Misplaced. It's that easy!

In both cases you play it out the same. Play as much allies as you can, doing as much damage as you can. He will eventually lock you with his ability. Even with Shadow Font he can't keep it up forever. Eventually a Full Moon or Rain Delay has to come. When it does shriek it or misplace it and finish him off. By then you should have more than enough firepower to kill him in that same turn. NEVER shriek anything else. I've seen a lot of people waste them on WBT or Lone Wolf. Don't. Save it for either Full Moon or Rain Delay and win the game.

Funny thing is that if Full Moon was 5cc, DC might actually be T1, but since it's 4 it's T3.

I'm posting this because I find playing against DC insuferably boring, so hopefully once people realize it's an auto lose against literally anything that carries shriek or misplaced, we'll see him a lot less.
    Last edited by crazygambit; 10-26-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From what I've seen in Quick Games, it's already dying down. People were just under the effect of "OMFG I CAN WIN WITH WULVENS NOW RAWR!!!!" fever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What if he carries 4 RD and 4 Full moons?
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh I see what your saying dont worry.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can counter your strategy with a strategy of bad santa and not sucking.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    What if he carries 4 RD and 4 Full moons?
    Most of them do. You WANT them to rely on them near the end. You won't see much Rain Delays if you have an active PB in play, but they all eventually have to play Full Moon. And that's when they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    I can counter your strategy with a strategy of bad santa and not sucking.
    I'm afraid I don't understand how Bad Santa can help Darkclaw here. Hell it makes it easier to get to my shriek or misplaced. Even if you don't "suck" you Will run out of SE and Shadow Fonts before killing the opponent. You have to play Rain Delay or Full Moon at least once (otherwise why are you even running them?) and that's when you'll lose.

Needless to say, NEVER ever ever sack a shriek or misplaced against him, no matter what.

Carrying armor for even bigger ownage is optional.

Edit: OK I see how that would work against Misplaced. Pretty interesting. Still you need to have 2 cards now everytime you want to play Full Moon. I guess armor might not be so optional if you play human. Still can't beat anything shadow and is still a huge underdog against human. T3 all the way IMO.
    Last edited by crazygambit; 10-26-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah ok, well gg for changing the meta.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The same reason it works against retreat. You cant put something in a full hand.

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    The same reason it works against retreat. You cant put something in a full hand.
    Yeah I had figured it out already (see my edit). Means you need a 2 card combo everytime you want to play either RD or Full Moon and you can only do so 4 times. Humans might need to tech some armor as well to have a guaranteed win, but they are still huge favorites here IMO, since you can't use any Bad Santas to get to your mill cards now that you have to save them for the combo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you even played this deck?

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles: