Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis room and board 40

Elementalis room and board 40 (SE version 1.5)

3x brute
    3x plasma behemoth
    4x fire snake
    4x carniboar
    4x shadow knight
    2x molten destroyer
    2x ogloth the glutton

22 allies

2x energy discharge
    4x mind control
    1x soul reaper
    1x eternal renewal
    3x acid jet
    4x bazaar
    2x bad santa

17 support

a few things have changed... only molten destroyer and ogloth the glutton are from the new cards.

plays very much the same... SPREAD out her ability use on the allies. use it on the weenies more... use it on a fattie if it gets low on health only... and maybe not even then. dont be afraid to use the energy dischage. DO NOT sac the soul reaper.

---------------------------------

old 1.29 version - Elementalis 40

3x brute
    3x plasma behemoth
    3x fire snake
    2x dark flayer
    4x shadow knight
    2x brutal minotaur

3x energy discharge
    4x mind control
    2x life infusion
    1x eternal renewal
    2x blood lust
    2x shriek or acid jet (undecided which, maybe try to fit both in somehow. drop an ed and a snake or something)
    2x bazaar
    3x bad santa
    1x nova infusion
    2x Armor of Ages

board control, board control, board control. tempo control, tempo control, tempo control. pretty easy. wait for the right moment and pound the crap out of your opponent. use her ability on a weak unit and make your opponent have to decide which ally to destroy, the fattie or the new fattie. remember though, her deck will win the match, she wont, she is a minor help compared to Zal. Zaladar is the better hero but using her ability wisely can benefit you. never pump a fattie unless it will win you the game that turn. use her ability to make everything you have out a big threat. make them still choose to destroy SK, PB and the minotaur. try to never pump those. pump the snakes, the brutes and the flayers.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 03-12-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nova infusion costs the same as armor of ages, so either drop it for an extra slot or for another AoA

i think you need more draw cards, i normally go 3 bazaar 4 bad santa

im not sure about brutal m. works best for portal decks imo. maybe drop and add another pb and something else.

id want to go 4 brute 2 flayer.seems like flayer could be very useful with elementalis' ability too. this is all comming from a player who has hardly touched 1.28 though
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterStrategist View Post
    this is all comming from a player who has hardly touched 1.28 though
    i've been touched inappropriately by 1.28 tbh
    In-game name: TJ Dharvo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha Dharvo

minotaur is just fun to play and he is there for distraction. who do you kill? a minotaur or a pumped up fire snake with life infusion and el's ability? not really a choice

draw hasnt been a problem. most of the time, the opposing player casts bazaar. nova infusion is very useful. especially against mages. there has been an upswing in using those poison and burning attachments. it blocks 3 damage which covers most everything so you block all of those attacks actually saving damage. yes, AoA is better at stopping damage but it doesnt do anything against those attackments (new word, i own the copyright ). early game sac it for resource... late game use it or hold it based on need.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been trying to create a good deck for this to the point I'm now using Conversion to serve as Elementalis' old ability. Still testing out on how I'll fair with Conversion.

I'd prefer Acid Jet over Shriek now.

How about Shadow Font? :P
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love Nova Infusion at 1. It really helps with Poison and Flames.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    Elementalis 40

3x brute
    3x plasma behemoth
    3x fire snake
    2x dark flayer
    4x shadow knight
    2x brutal minotaur

3x energy discharge
    4x mind control
    2x life infusion
    1x eternal renewal
    2x blood lust
    2x shriek or acid jet (undecided which, maybe try to fit both in somehow. drop an ed and a snake or something)
    2x bazaar
    3x bad santa
    1x nova infusion
    2x Armor of Ages

board control, board control, board control. tempo control, tempo control, tempo control. pretty easy. wait for the right moment and pound the crap out of your opponent. use her ability on a weak unit and make your opponent have to decide which ally to destroy, the fattie or the new fattie. remember though, her deck will win the match, she wont, she is a minor help compared to Zal. Zaladar is the better hero but using her ability wisely can benefit you. never pump a fattie unless it will win you the game that turn. use her ability to make everything you have out a big threat. make them still choose to destroy SK, PB and the minotaur. try to never pump those. pump the snakes, the brutes and the flayers.

not a bad deck, but it has a few flaws. i find that it relies entirely too much on topdecking, and that can come back to bite you, as you have too many situational cards in the deck (acid jet/shriek, life infusion, and a few others). i also do not think that 5 draw engines is anywhere near enough to consistently help you.

however though, the biggest flaw that i see in your deck is that you have no real life gain. in this meta, life gain is an absolute must. you have neither soul reaper, OR conversion, and i personally think conversion works better for elementalis now. with your deck, even relying on the allies, you can find yourself quickly down against a rush mage deck, with no way to recover the live balance. they'll just end up nuking you halfway through the game, and getting the win from that, while you care about trying to get the board back from them when they don't want, or care to fight you for it.

elementalis is a decent hero now, and can hold her own against most of the top tier decks (not sure about zal), but i just think that you could make the deck a little bit more versatile, and synergize better. all of my comments are aimed to improve, and not to insult. you're going in the right direction . cheers!

soothslyr
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would listen to sooth. While you have been bitching constantly about elementalis and creating big red sigs, he has been developing a killer elementalis deck.

Problems:

1. Draw
    2. You still dont see the biggest advantage of the new ability. Try adding some life gain +/- renewal to go with those life infusions you have
    3. You have the total wrong mix of allies for this meta. The fatties are getting less important, it's either about speed or mill here, there is no in between and if you get caught in no mans land you will lose more than you will win - that's the reason you've been finding that this deck works better with zal, he is simply a faster deck then elem. Nobody is going to choose between the two, they will just retreat your pumped snake and slay your bm. Or Logan will just have his way with your bm and CB your pumped snake.
    4. What's the reasoning behind nova and AoA? Are you that worried about fire/poison?
    5. Finally, without a strong draw this deck just isn't consistent enough to be that strong with your choice of cards vs allies. The resource curve just doesn't work for this meta I'm afraid.

Not meaning to be critical but I can see you want to be passionate about elementalis but are looking at him/her/it all wrong and not seeing the true potential here. I agree with sooth that this deck can be at least 1.5 tier and in no way was the ability change a nerf. I think you have the potential to see the light here and come up with a good deck (I have heard a lot about you from another a1 member), but mostly it would be nice not to have to look at that sig of yours again or have to hear you talk about how screwed elem is now
    Last edited by Wtzky; 10-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wink

I don't want to hi jack the tread but question about her new ability.

Wouldn't Chimera be a awesome fit?
    I mean naturally she's a 2/5 that for 1 resource becomes a 5/2
    With ele's ability shes a 3/8 that for 1 resouce becomes a 6/5.

This gives several options:

1) with 8 life shes a meat shield but with 3 attack can do some damage if need be
    2) with 8 life use a conversion and heal 8 on the hero
    3) turn her into a 6/5 and kill something Or when there is a hole in DC hiding

I don't know and migh be wrong but the new ability that ele has makes the old problem of after 2 dmg she can't do anything not a problem. Just something I was thinking / wondering.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have thought about chimera and am considering adding it to this deck and saying to maybe add some to this deck isnt hijacking, its helpful

and i dont mean to complain about you guys talking about the "meta" but have you been playing or have only been coming up against dark claw and eladwen??? the meta is too new to make those kinds of decisions about what it is at the moment, but from what ive seen, fatties are EVERYWHERE. i got completely surprised by 2 minotaurs the other day and went "wow". i was already using them myself but still went "wow" im running into them quite a bit and in decks you wouldnt think to see them.

i can see your point about draw, but you have to remember, if you didnt know, my old elementalis deck from 1.27 didnt always need draw advantage. it rarely ever hurt me to not draw extra cards. it was that good. and in this deck, maybe i do need more, but its working for me so far. ive only lost once with this deck. if its starts to be a real problem. ill adjust.

and its not that i am worried about that mage poison/burning card but it is out there, players are using them more. so what the hell, i had 3 AoAs, why not just make it to since shriek is gone and add one nova infusion.

why no shadow font? what for? her ability sucks. the only reason i have this deck is because i just like her and its a fun deck... otherwise, i would use Zal and destroy everyone.

you tell me she isnt dead, she is good, maybe even t1.5... and then go and tell me she needs SR or Conversion... you make my point for me.

i dont know why very few people played her before. health gain has always been an issue in the game, people complain about not having it all the time, complain about certain heroes that do have it. and the hero that was the best at healing is gone. im not a total aggro player. so i saw how good she was. everyone is looking at her with aggro eyes now but still... its not her new ability that makes her good, its her card pool. its either the best or the second best in the game. but even with aggro eyes, Zal is still the best choice. he does 6 damage for 4se. el does 1 or 2, maybe 3 damage if you are extremely lucky for 3se. the math speaks for itself. the can use the same cards and they both have damage abilities now. there is only one choice to use to be competative and thats Zal.

and im not changing my sig until they change her back.. its gonna be there even in version 56.2991 if she doesnt change back. she was so good before that i was stupid in the tournament i was in, i played her the first match and won against a boris... then i switched decks and lost. i should of just used her.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory