Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Majiya Deck: :D

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....3se076.2se150

comments, suggestions, violent reactions will be greatly appreciated. I just want to know how to improve my deck.

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as a general rule of thumb I never see putting 1 of anything in a deck. you will either never see it, or it will be in your starting hand and you cant sac it. i'd choose between LLN and ST, I'd prob drop the 1 ST and run 2 Lay lines. you also have majia's ability for card draw as welll as research so you may be able to go without sac lamb, just a thought..if you do that you can up portal to 4 and get one more nova in.

my 2 cents. deck looks pretty good IMO
    ASF

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbdave View Post
    as a general rule of thumb I never see putting 1 of anything in a deck. you will either never see it, or it will be in your starting hand and you cant sac it. i'd choose between LLN and ST, I'd prob drop the 1 ST and run 2 Lay lines. you also have majia's ability for card draw as welll as research so you may be able to go without sac lamb, just a thought..if you do that you can up portal to 4 and get one more nova in.

my 2 cents. deck looks pretty good IMO
    Pretty much everything I was about to say. However, I'd advise against Nova. Definitely useful in a burn / DD Majiya but IMO, has no place in Portal Majiya. I'd advise the list of changes:

-2 Sac Lamb
    -2 Nova
    -1 Sever Ties

+1 Portal
    +1 LLN
    +1 Research
    +2 cards of your choice (Maybe consider cutting 2 more cards so you can stuff in 4 Belladonna for more draw?)
    Last edited by Reshiram99; 05-05-2012 at 04:56 AM.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    I'd advise against Nova. Definitely useful in a burn / DD Majiya but IMO, has no place in Portal Majiya.
    I've actually found running two Supernovas in my Portal Majiya very useful - good for clearing weenies, helping to deal with pesky Sandworms, taking care of the Aeon+Earthen combo, and giving you a way to get crippled/disabled/Ravened Shadow Knights into the graveyard.

I've also gone back and forth on whether to use 4 Tome of Knowledges, or 3 ToKs and 2 Sacrificial Lambs. I'm currently using 4 ToKs because I found I was sacing the Sacrificial Lambs too much. But I want to test the Lambs again because I've often wished I had more ways to get a Shadow Knight into the graveyard.

I would take out:
    1 Brutal Minotaur (2 is more than enough)
    1 Sever Ties (It's not a bad card, but having only one is not useful)

I would add:
    1 Ley Line Nexus (Mage decks need at least 2)

That leaves you one card slot for another Brutalis or Death Mage.

You might also want to considerer making space for 2 Dagger of Unmakings, because it's the closest thing you can get to a Retreat.