Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Reviving my Boris deck, Constructive criticism appreciated!

Hey guys. I played Shadow Era for about a month during the initial release on the IPad. It doesn't take too much capitial to get started with a competitive deck and so that got me interested to try it out.

I've played Boris during the release and now here I am again, and I was hoping for advice and criticism for what is good in this new 1.28 meta.

My biggest itch in decision was about the one drops. Boris never really had one drops in the original incarnations and now I see a 1cc 1/1 hitter and a 0/2 Protector. It was really hard for me to decide on how to balance or use them right.

As far as what I've read, the Kris has obsoleted the use of Blake in Warrior decks, and there is still a lot of mystery and uncertainty on how effective Bridgette is. I see her as a replacement of sorts to Valiant Defender, but clearly much easier to kill.

I would like to hear what the community has to say about it! Thank you very much!

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....1se024.2se027

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well...
    -Birgitte might just be my favourite card in the whole game.
    -Blake has always been useless in anything but experimental builds. Does work ok with Birgitte.
    -Many seems to have success with Kris, personaly I find him useless, but for others Birgitte is the same. Diversety is a good thing, right?
    -Valiant Defender is always a must in my pov.

Here is my Boris deck, its a protector deck. Might not be your style, but its what I like, and it works like a charm.
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....2se165.2se162
    It does however lack item destruction.

EDIT: Good things about Birgitte.
    -Turn one ally.
    -Sokes up controll cards. Like Captured Pray, Crushing Blow, Freeze and the likes of those.
    -If played right, you can really turn the game with her, think your Raven is on one hp, and will die next turn, cast Birgitte.
    -Basicly locks the board early on when you are so lucky to get them all out.
    -Makes Zaladar, Mjiya and Banebow "waste" their abilitys, as well as protects against lightning etc.

Oh, and welcome back!
    Last edited by Anqwa; 11-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    ~•||There is no team,.. in Axe!||•~
    Former White & Blue MTG player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck doesn't seem to far off but I will tell you that if you want to use Jd I would add 4 and I would also fit in 4 retreats.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, I decided to remove the JDs for a bit, I thought that since if I wanna abuse JD i'd be better off playing an aggressive Amber deck with DW.

I dunno, JD + Boris doesn't seem to make sense, since there is (or are) better heroes that can abuse JD better, and Boris for me seems to be more of a midrange control Hero choice for Warriors. But then again I could be wrong and the times have changed.

I see so many lists that run 3-4 JDs with Boris and a KP but in my perspective, why run JD if you don't run DW? Is it really worth just having Jasmine use her ability? I dunno... 2 resources can be a lot but in the late game turns of the match, it kinda becomes a weak card that can't be well abused by Boris unlike Amber and +2 shennanigans.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well here is a scenario why its nice to have:

Turn 4 drop jd and then be able to cast CB, retreat, puwen, or BF.
    Turn 5 drop Raven, Worm, Puwen/jas or aldon, then be able to retreat or CB an enemy taking board control.

Now there are many more scenarios but that's just and example of why even though jd does 1 damage the extra resources can be priceless.

Ps: ever been on turn 4 with a jas or aldon out and no way to kill the 4 health enemy because you can only do 3 damage? Well there goes another reason why you should run JD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LeiBruc View Post
    Well here is a scenario why its nice to have:

Turn 4 drop jd and then be able to cast CB, retreat, puwen, or BF.
    Turn 5 drop Raven, Worm, Puwen/jas or aldon, then be able to retreat or CB an enemy taking board control.

Now there are many more scenarios but that's just and example of why even though jd does 1 damage the extra resources can be priceless.

Ps: ever been on turn 4 with a jas or aldon out and no way to kill the 4 health enemy because you can only do 3 damage? Well there goes another reason why you should run JD.
    Great advise. I feel JD is a must it has saved me so many times.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by masonti View Post
    Great advise. I feel JD is a must it has saved me so many times.
    Its ok. Far from being a must, tho. And useless against certen builds/hero.
    But that goes for most things I gues, just dont base your deck on it.
    ~•||There is no team,.. in Axe!||•~
    Former White & Blue MTG player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With my deck build I some time go into turn 6-7 with only 4-5 resources, so JD is a must to get out a Brigitte or Kris.

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....1se165.3se138

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Apologies on my stupidity for removing JDs from the deck. Played a few games and watched a few people use it and felt how much the tempo speeds up so much cuz of JDs.

And LeiBruc, that one damage does help kill 4 toughness allies so much XD