Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Jerry's Jericho winning deck 1.27/1.28

Last time I was playing with Figga, and he asked me for my deck, which I used to win about 20 times in a row in 1.28. So I decided to finally create account on forum and here I am. I was playing this deck a lot in 1.27, and it was always my winning deck. The only problem I've got was rush ~30cards deck, now it's gone. So I've changed only one card Healing Touch-->Good Ascendant, and still have a lot of wins. Even once I won vs Serena giving her handicap (she wents first, and I didn't sac my first turn, so 0 ress and no new card at the start of second turn).

essential
    3x Kris
    4x Puwen
    4x Jasmine
    3x Aldon
    2x Sentinel
    2x Oracle
    2x Raven
    3x Aeon

4x Tidal Wave

4x Wizent's Staff
    2x King's Pride

free to replace
    2x Healing Touch
    2x Destroy Arms
    1x Curse
    1x Good Ascendant

Total 40 cards including Jericho.

Free to replace?
    Yes, you shouldn't have worries about replacing those cards (prefer to the same kind), so try 3xHT, 3xDA or maybe 2xCurse,3xDA,1xHT. This is combo which I prefer, and I am playing well with it.
    1x Curse - it is good resource, but still - whenever it comes and you haven't got board control - it is very useful. In early game (3rd ressource - curse, 4rd - staff, 5th wave), or in the midd game when you need to prepare board to outnumber enemy. But still - it is not essential, you can deal without it, but when it comes - it is easier a bit. And the same with 1x Good Ascendant - against mages - the best

essential?
    No less, no more. General rule: always remember how many Waves and Staves are sacrificed and how many have not yet being drawn.
    2x Raven and 2x Sentinel - no 3x Raven cause for logan better are lower allies which can be faster used to smash his weapon down.
    4x Waves/4x Staves - always have 1 in your hand, you can sacrifice it, only if you know you can draw another 3 Waves/Staves, which are still on deck and you have advantage on board, or just when you are close to win and need some ressources.

Strategy is simple - think what you do and what you sac. Most good players know what to do - if opponent have board control with 1-2 allies, and you have only 1 wave, try to keep his greed on dealing damage on the high level, so - wait for behemot/knight/aeon/raven and put something lower like jasmine or aldon to keep his damage away from your hero.
    Wait with King's Pride to the clear situation when you have at least 2 allies on board and no hostile allies, or - if you didn't sacrificed your 1st Pride in the beginning - you can use it to gain board control. Good moment to do that is when enemy destroys your staff/curse.

And really, I was winning with many kinds of heroes - not only mages, warriors. Even with Jericho

Feel free to comment and give some tips to this deck. It works great for me, maybe because I've learned how to play with it at 1.27 with over 100games, but still. (So hard critic only after 10 games)
    Last edited by jerry; 10-25-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So this deck is winning against Logan, DC and Eladwen in 1.28 right is what ur saying?
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You need to get your bb codes straight.. -.-

This isn't html, a forum has less options than html, so you bb-code instead of html.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    So this deck is winning against Logan, DC and Eladwen in 1.28 right is what ur saying?
    Why? I was playing well against all heroes, but the hardest was ~30cards rush mages. Now it is much more easier to win with all players.
    You need to get your bb codes straight
    Sorry for that. Now should be fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Former Jerico enthusiast here. o/
    Why Kris?

And for that matter, why Oracle and Sentinel.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-25-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Why? I was playing well against all heroes, but the hardest was ~30cards rush mages. Now it is much more easier to win with all players.

Sorry for that. Now should be fine.
    I dont understand. I am asking a question. Are you winning against these decks or not?
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why Kris?
    And for that matter, why Oracle and Sentinel.
    Weapons and armors became a bit popular these days. Kris helped me to get out logan's sword, or ambers. In early game it is the same support like your staff - if tou have 3/4 allies on board, and you need that 4th damage point to kill opponent's 4hp ally, kris is very handy. Even if you have sentinel or oracle 2/4, kris+staff give you again 2+1+1=4damage to the ally and board control is kept. Oracle is very helpful if your opponent likes to destroy your staves and you are hurting for lack of cards. Oracle has got another handy function - I wrote that, sometimes you need to wait for Wave, when enemy has got board control, sometimes you need to wait for resource to use Wave. Then, to avoid damage to your hero, you are playing some ally (because you have lot of them and you can afford that loose). Tell me - which ally would be better when you want play wave next turn because there is no way to kill 3-4 hostile allies? Only Oracle. But don't keep it - if you have staff on board and maybe another in hand - sacrifice it.
    Sentinel is similar story, but I am using it only because it cost less than raven. To get out some armor you need combo of 4+3 ally on your turn in mid-late game when you have 7 ressources. Sentinel is good - another ally with damage, another spare meat, another +4 damage when you have King's Pride. But when I'm not playing against logan (cheaper allies than ravane and aeon are important then), I am sacrificing sentinel more willingly.
    Sorry, I missed the meaning of your question, I thought - if I am winning with different decks than Logan, DC and Eladwen.
    To be honest - I played only once against Eladwen with easy win (in 1.28). With Darkclaw I played 3 times - all won. Logan was easy to - 2, or 3 times. Harder than them are mages and some lucky warriors
    Last edited by jerry; 10-25-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ill get lying dragon to give this deck a go I rekon.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is Wizent Staff and Oracle your only Draw Engine? And If you do not draw any Wizent Staff then you might have to suck Thumb..... Why not add Bad Santa???
    And Retreat comes in Handy......

This deck looks good if you have lucky hands........

Just my 2 cents