0 0%
  • Mix of both

8 27.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.27 vs 1.28

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.27 vs 1.28

I have seen some people complaining about 1.28 and some people who loves 1.28. The biggest difference were the hero changes, so, which hero abilities do you prefer, the 1.27 abilities or 1.28's abilities?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While I dislike the fact that Baduruu's power got changed, and I hate that Majiya was made so senselessly and pathetically worthless, overall the 1.28 changes were great for the game and the meta diversity is at an all-time high.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hate Baduruu's change and several others, but others I do like. I have to vote for a 1.27 mix tho, I hate the fact that Darkclaw's ability coupled w/ SF is good enough to create a whole slough of people using his stall deck and I'm not a fan of long drawn-out death-by-a-thousand-needles type of games -- even if you win it's a slow pain to deal with. It means you have to build your deck for just in case you run into him, and that's kinda sad. And, DC rant aside, SF is too powerful for Shadow.

Anyway I think if 1.28 was released w/ these 3 tweaks the game would be much better off:
    1. Jericho 1.27 ability, cost 4
    2. Maj 1.27 ability, cost 3
    3. No Shadow Font
    Last edited by graphlem; 10-25-2011 at 03:58 AM.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They need to seriously look at the stall cards in game (rain delay, DC's ability, things like that), or at least limit the pool (as of now DC has access to (counting shadow font) 12 stall cards, which in a 40 card deck means they can basically lock down a game for nearly a guaranteed 8 turns every match.

I think the way heroes take damage may need to be changed to slow down game play to place a little bit more emphasis on board control so death racing isn't so constant. I run gravebone and I'm a hypocrite because I do the same, but it's just dumb when on turn 4 I can have 2-3 fireballs and 2-3 supernovas in hand and just completely ignore the board. I liked this game at the beginning because of how reading your opponent and the meta worked in relation to resources, and in 1.28 it feels like things have gotten much simpler. All decks now run very similar strategies, and with only 4 shrieks in my deck it basically comes down to me just top decking that single card against decks like DC or losing. That is not fun. That is stupid top decking, and has nothing to do with skill.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like 1.28.

Breath of fresh air.

Yeah, the DC stall decks are annoying...but manageable.

1.27 everyone was running Boris or anti-Boris at competitive levels.

So yeah, you gotta build to cope with DC in 1.28, but there are lots of ways to do that and still have a versatile deck against others as well. People will discover that soon, and we're going to see a lot less DC decks running around.
    ~*Pain Is Only A Pulse, If You Just Stop Feeling It*~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A mix of both. We gained some and we lost some. Hard to say if we gained more, but I am not liking the fact that the most popular of decks are ones that don't run allies anymore.

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Only Thing I like About 1.28 is Victor's Buff and rest i dont like it as much as i liked 1.27..
    I use to play with different heroes especially lance,and i loved those quick games...I use to play 30-40 quick games per day for making streaks.....But i dont like 1.28 in which i just loose ratings if i play a hero other than DC,Eladwen or Logan
    So i always prefer 1.27 over 1.28

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Changes I like: Victor, Elementalis, Gravebone (since it had to change, it changed well), Moonstalker
    Changes I don't like: Majiya, Jericho. Logan.

Logans old ability was fine, I think. It is like it is now, but more versatile, only the enemy got to counter attack. Logans old ability + shadow font + duel wield would have still been T1 but perhaps a bit less over the top.

Majiya needed a change... don't know what I would personally change it to, it just seems like this one is below average. Maybe just let her draw a card anyway. I don't know.

Jericho maybe needed a change but this one is to expensive. Either the old ability, or this ability, at 3SE.

I'm unsure about Baduruu... I like his new ability but it might be to expensive... however, I understand that it's probably not good to have free soul seekers popping out on T4 all over the place. With decent card draw he could probably be alright.

Fact of the matter is, it's a young meta, and people building new decks for the first time will always tend to extremes, so OF COURSE people trying Eladwens new ability will be all fire, and people using darkclaw will be all hiding. It will be a while before we start to regularly see balanced decks that can compete vs everyone.

As a side note: my favourite version will be the one which includes a card to remove attached effects.
    Last edited by Rayzie; 10-25-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The new version is ok, could do with a bit of balancing but new cards can sort that out. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go 2 steps forward.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too many changes and heroes who basically are different then they were, even if they kept the same name. I have only been playing a few weeks and was getting the hang of it, getting to know the heroes, what they could do and what should be done against them. A big change like this makes my budding knowl;edge largely useless. I am not going to start over again, so no more SE for me. Maybe at a later day.