Close

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

This game has become boring.

I'm sorry but it's true.

All I see are Darkclaw, Eladwen, and Logan decks.

At least in .27 we saw amber, gwen, boris, gravebone, etc. It was all a race and while there were only two tier one heroes, everything was so much closer.

AND the abilities were pretty versatile. Gravebone could recurse for additional sac fodder OR to cast, Jericho could nuke any attachment, you had to find different strategies to make things work.

Now? Yeah there's three tier one heroes. Logan, Darkclaw, and elad. But they all do one thing, and are beaten by tuning a deck specifically for them... but said tuned deck autoloses to other decks! I've got a zaladar, always a potential threat. But I HAVE to have shriek in because of darkclaw. Or I HAVE to have armor because of him as well. Then allies just don't stay on the board. They're always killed within one or two turns, before they even get to attack.

This game isn't more balanced. It's less. Abilities are MORE spammable. You retreat a nice ally you built up, or you cripple them. Or you just ignore allies and burn the hero.

Three tier one heroes. The rest? Tier 2.5 or so. I liked being able to distract with allies and to have stuff to cast. But this game encourages go for the throat strategies too much now. It's too frustrating. Is this what calmdown wanted? Remember mattog's quote in his sig bar, calmdown promising to present unanswerable situations... that's not fun, it really isn't. I like being able to fight back.

Who the hell likes to just sit there and take it? Maybe calmdown does... but I sure don't.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    I'm sorry but it's true.

All I see are Darkclaw, Eladwen, and Logan decks.

At least in .27 we saw amber, gwen, boris, gravebone, etc. It was all a race and while there were only two tier one heroes, everything was so much closer.
    +1

The current meta of death-racing just precludes any control decks.

In v1.27, board control is a must and you want to go for the throat, you need to carefully balance the timing of it.

But in v1.28? No need for board control, just go for the throat right from the start.

This change in meta just killed heroes which relies on patient board control, like Banebow and the priests.

And like GS said, the rest are Tier 2.5 because even with a well-constructed, well-played board control heroes, it will still pretty much lose to those death-race heroes. Arghh.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh the irony of this qq post.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A rage thread coming from GS, you lost your mind totally.

Strange, I'm playing a huge variety of heroes and I'm finding it hard to tune my decks because the variety is too big. Maybe you should stop playing only against the A1 members that are just using the same things?

Darkclaw tier 1? Wow, totally out of mind. (I'm trying to avoid using stupid here.)
    Last edited by Giskard; 10-25-2011 at 02:23 AM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I hope that it does not turn out as bad as GS says. But I am inclined to believe it will be so. The new meta is a few days old. I hope it evolves.

GS is 100% right for now.

There is a lack of tier 1.5 or 2 heroes. It's either tier 1 or tier 2.5/3 now. The gap is too big.

In 1.27, tier 1 - Boris, maj, Gwen. Tier 1.5 - amber, zaladar, Jericho. Tier 2/2.5 - Logan, zhanna, gb, moonstalker/elementalis mill, lance (skullborn aggro)

(kamman13's nish would be tier 2, it's amazing.)

Tier 3/4 - the rest.

The gap is too big now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    A rage thread coming from GS, you lost your mind totally... ...(I'm trying to avoid using stupid here.)
    Good job. =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    In 1.27, tier 1 - Boris, maj, Gwen. Tier 1.5 - amber, zaladar, Jericho.
    Gwen Tier 1 and amber tier 1.5 at 1.27??
    Is that any kind of secret strategy from A1 members to fool the forum users?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Gwen Tier 1 and amber tier 1.5 at 1.27??
    Is that any kind of secret strategy from A1 members to fool the forum users?
    Quit trying to troll.

We tested it, boris beat amber five times out of six. Gwen lost to any kind or armor.

Now? Gwen loses to ss. But you can't destroy her bows with item d anymore. So 1.5.

But this game IS boring. I find myself having to make sure I have an hour ready before I play. Just in case I run into another dc deck.

Then there's the stupidly short eladwen games where she locks the board then goes for the throat.

This isn't a rage post, it's a complaint that the meta is narrower. Logan, elad, and dc are all overpowered in their own ways. They have unique card combos that make them OP.

Calmdown needs to do a deck matrix check. DC has immense stall with rain delay, full moon, and his ability. Add in unlimited durability to WBT and yeah. That's just terrible!

Logan can kill an ally every 2 turns or less basically, with shadow font. Why bother casting even gargs? They're all gonna die.

Eladwen? She has nova, VoW and snow saph. Combined with retreat and rain delay she can easily ignore allies once the board is locked down.

Of the bunch, eladwen seems to win the most, defeating darkclaw stall most of the time and logan approx half the time.

Really Giskard. Trolling to try to hide the fact I'm right doesn't do this game any good. We need a fix. I know you enjoy your wins, I watched your account once and checked. But even you have to admit nothing but winning by doing the same shit over and over is boring mindless grinding. If you enjoy that, just play the ai and let us have more fun.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Also: I've been right in all of my predictions so far on A1 forums. Ask the members, they're starting to think I'm psychic.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it's really bad as you guys say, I won't update to 1.28 when it comes out on the app store. I really hope it isnt that boring...