2x energy discharge
    4x spark
    4x transference
    4x mind contrail
    2x eternal renewal
    4x here be monsters
    2x bazaar
    total: 29

Gargoyle is best defense against Eladwen it seems. also I seem to always start with 2-3 HBMs in hand and my opponent can never recover from losing so many resources while I just bide my time to play a behemoth or steal an Aeon a la transference.

Transference also can't be used willy nilly, when they have played like two cheap spells and they are at 2-4 resource you know something big is coming next. That is the best time to use transference, and even if it's a dud you have something to dump in your resources and they have one less card in hand

2x eternal renewal because Slowclaw is impossible to lose against this way.
    Bazaar is in because you'll notice there are no other 2 drops, so bazaar might as well be used instead of missing a turn doing nothing.

When the new patch comes in, this may become THE DECK over Eladwin because Aeon will not be glitched with mind contrail.

also in general, you want to save sparks until you have 3+ in hand or they will die in a snap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice disconnecting at the start of our game, xera.

Twice.
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Nice disconnecting at the start of our game, xera.

Twice.
    Yes, before a single turn was made. And do you know why? because I just made a wulven deck halfways through this thread and I want to test it on eladwen. Considering current multiplayer limited to a random opponent, I had to d/c and try the quick game button again. U mad?

Ps; my deck clearly sucks because I ran out of cards. twice. I should save up some money lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, not really mad. It just strikes me as silly. Because, you know, why test it on Eladwen when you can test it on the obviously superior Majiya?
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek4 View Post
    Yep you were lucky, I have done some math here.

First 4 fireballs plus 4 lightnings is 28 damage, that cancels out his entire health. So if you use all 4 of those, you still have to do more damage on him with allies than how much he heals.

Let's look at the maximum damage you can do to him with all your allies, all buffed by Aldon.
    3x2x4+8x2x3+4x1x4+3x1x4+3x1x2=98

But let's also look at his capacity, 4 captured prey and 4 rabid bites. That should render about 12 of your allies worthless (remember I am talking maximum capacity).
    Let's say you got 1 ally of each left, and Darkclaw will attack the last hp of all those allies, you maximum damage will be 7x2+2x2+3x1+2x1+2x1, which would be 25.

my head just exploded.

thanks tek4

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    No, not really mad. It just strikes me as silly. Because, you know, why test it on Eladwen when you can test it on the obviously superior Majiya?
    : / if I use a bazaar, you won't really have much card advantage, not to speak of the obviously superior human allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xera View Post
    Yes, before a single turn was made. And do you know why? because I just made a wulven deck halfways through this thread and I want to test it on eladwen. Considering current multiplayer limited to a random opponent, I had to d/c and try the quick game button again. U mad?

Ps; my deck clearly sucks because I ran out of cards. twice. I should save up some money lol

I just played a game and I saw the player name "xer...." and I got so excited thinking it was Xera but it turned out to be xersus hahah

A lot of people play Darkclaw too aggressively. You gotta learn to take a few hits, let your darkclaw defend with What Big Teeth and not attack unless going for the ally kill. Using Full Moon and Rain Delay will net you 4hp (2 on your turn, and 2 next turn)... so it's not that good to use back to back unless you're desperate.

The only times ive lost to any deck with my darkclaw is like Tek said... didn't draw What Big Teeth/Lone Wolf/Bazaar/Bad Santa for like 10+ turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had a funny game yesterday, my opponent used bazaar then I follow him, at the end he has 12 HP and I pull 3 bad santa lol, he die next turn while I do nothing.

So basically bad santa can do 3 damage when in Wulven deck lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonster View Post
    I had a funny game yesterday, my opponent used bazaar then I follow him, at the end he has 12 HP and I pull 3 bad santa lol, he die next turn while I do nothing.

So basically bad santa can do 3 damage when in Wulven deck lol.
    Heh thats a funny discovery. I gotta admit though that I have only met 3 Darkclaws total, 2 of which I lost and 1 which I escaped on the first turn. I was so pissed at Darkclaws since they costed me my 15 win streak, and stood for 2/3 or 1/2 of my losses, I don't remember.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by supermof View Post
    I just played a game and I saw the player name "xer...." and I got so excited thinking it was Xera but it turned out to be xersus hahah

A lot of people play Darkclaw too aggressively. You gotta learn to take a few hits, let your darkclaw defend with What Big Teeth and not attack unless going for the ally kill. Using Full Moon and Rain Delay will net you 4hp (2 on your turn, and 2 next turn)... so it's not that good to use back to back unless you're desperate.

The only times ive lost to any deck with my darkclaw is like Tek said... didn't draw What Big Teeth/Lone Wolf/Bazaar/Bad Santa for like 10+ turns.
    Hey you're the guy I first learned about the Darkclaw deck from when you spanked my 30 card Skullcrusher-Blood Frenzy deck. I remember when the game first stared I thought, "45 cards, Darkclaw, what a newb." Taught me a good lesson and I've since added the Darkclaw deck to the ones I play.

One thing I've found vs Eladwen is to save Captured Preys for Aeon Stormcaller and to hold your Regenerations so you can 2 for 1 Poison Gases and Engulfing Flames.
    Last edited by Kadun; 03-01-2011 at 03:43 PM.