Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Counter-Eladwen Deck

Which would be the best? I was thinking a gravebone deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gravebone cant do shit against Eladwen. Go with Darkclaw, insta win against Eladwen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My deck is almost similar to the competitive eladwen deck posted below, and i have never lost vs darkclaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What version of Darkclaw have you never lost to? The one with 50-60 cards with only a few allies?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He have never met a real darkclaw, thats the only possibility *sweat*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well i have only fought darkclaw 4 or 5 times so far.
    they had 50+ cards and they dont spawn allies.. or hardly. for the +2/turn bonus.

this noon i got pretty close to running out of cards though, i only had 3 left when i won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *sweats even more* The Darkclaws must have gotten teeth, double attack and lone wolves pretty late, or didnt at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    might just be my luck, but this is why items such as fireball are useful. assuming u burn through 90% of your deck if you play with a 30-card deck. If you have 2-3 fireballs thats 8-12 damage to darkclaw. also, 4x lightning strike = 4x3 = 12 damage.

just dont use the fireballs and lightning strikes as resources as they practically count for double damage considering melee damage is halfed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep you were lucky, I have done some math here.

First 4 fireballs plus 4 lightnings is 28 damage, that cancels out his entire health. So if you use all 4 of those, you still have to do more damage on him with allies than how much he heals.

Let's look at the maximum damage you can do to him with all your allies, all buffed by Aldon.
    3x2x4+8x2x3+4x1x4+3x1x4+3x1x2=98

But let's also look at his capacity, 4 captured prey and 4 rabid bites. That should render about 12 of your allies worthless (remember I am talking maximum capacity).
    Let's say you got 1 ally of each left, and Darkclaw will attack the last hp of all those allies, you maximum damage will be 7x2+2x2+3x1+2x1+2x1, which would be 25.
    But let's also assume that the allies that got destroyed by his abilities have gotten 1 attack on Darkclaw with your portal, that would be an extra 17 damage. This is highly unlike though, since Blake, which has only 2 hp, will just get attacked from Darkclaw and killed like that. And I am counting that every ally was summoned with the effect of portal on.

So even if you got all those damage in, it's a 42 ally damage. Now let's look at his heals. We assume he got both healing cards down at round 5, and that your deck will last 10 more turns. That's 30 points of healing. Then he also has 4 regens, which would be 16 heals. So in the end, he heals more than you can damage him.

I am aware that these things I've written will not be the case of any game. You will do much less damage than that and he will heal much less than that, but you get the point.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mathematically this sounds right but i just beat another wulven deck..
    Remember your allies strike back when he attacks them.

Also, im thinking of adding 2x retreat. This would be really useful vs a wulven deck to cancel out the rabid bites. (retreat your own card)
    and vs other decks; retreat your Sandra Trueblade and play it again for a +1 gain (and possible recharge of hp)