Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lyneth you didnt replied to me.
    Do you really need 4 oracles ? Why not 3 ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkaX View Post
    Lyneth you didnt replied to me.
    Do you really need 4 oracles ? Why not 3 ?
    Hi,

Sorry about that.

When you have 4 Oracles, in the beginning, there's a higher chance of you drawing 2 instead of 1. In case we want to play card advantage against our opponent, we can discard the use of Bazaar by relying more on Oracles. If you end up having to sacrifice one Oracle in the beginning because the rest are burn cards, you can afford to sacrifice that Oracle and there's a better chance for you to rely on more Oracles later on.

But if you always cast Bazaar whenever you have it, sure, ditch one Oracle and I think you'll be fine.

I find it especially useful not to run Bazaar against warriors at first, those who refuse to use their Blood Frenzy in fear of their health.

However, definitely 4 Supernovas because they are very important in our quick wipe build. I find that delayed Novas are rather risky because if your Novas come later, you'll usually have less health than the opponent's. With this build, if you see that you have 2 LS and 2 Novas, it's possible you actually sac the LS instead of the Novas.
    Last edited by Lyneth; 11-04-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LARKEN View Post
    What would evil ascendant do for your party, I mean if the other player dropped it t3?
    In T3, if they drop an evil ascendant, then my Krisses will be gone by T4, but my Puwen won't. In T4, they drop a creature, and my Puwen can still go for the hero. In T5, they finish off my Puwen with the creature probably, but at that point, you'll be executing the wipe anyway.

If you decide to use Aldon, you cannot have more than one of him on the board, and casting 1 Aldon is equivalent to casting 1 FB anyway. He will attack for just 3 damage the next turn if he did survive, which is less damage than a single FB. As you can see, using Aldon, having 1 more hp, but the fact that he can only be cast later on, should he be played on the board, you usually want to make sure that he stays there, but it's very easy to get rid of Aldon using so many heroes' abilities, and you'll be wiping the board anyway.

And Krisses, if played later on with an EA card, he would've been able to do his job properly of harassing that extra 1 point. Usually, they'll be killed the next turn anyway. Having an EA card doesn't usually reduce his value too much.

The point is Aldon is more valuable in ally-heavy based deck. This deck neither relies nor needs board-control, but if you have it early, then it would be splendid. For instance, I broke the "use all your spells against the hero" rule when I had 1 Kris and 2 Aldons on the board. I killed a Jasmine with my FB. Why? Because casting 1 FB is equivalent to 4 damage, whereas preserving my board meant that I can hit 5 damage that turn, and most likely another 5 damage the next turn. Therefore, I spent 3 resources to deal 10 damage.
    Last edited by Lyneth; 11-05-2011 at 01:34 PM.