Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The NEW majiya (1.28)

Courtesy of GDC's deck builder, I decided to share my deck with the forums so I can get advice on improvement. Currently this deck has been granting me many wins versus all but elad... No matter what though, the battle is kept interesting .

Here is my deck,
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....3se155.1se162

It is primarily control based and and brings out an easy win versus most once card advantage is established.

Food for thought?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are in fact winning I think it's great, because it looks like a tough deck to play for me. With 45 cards, and the specific cards you have, I get the feeling that you would have a tough time pulling the cards you need for the first couple turns. The deck looks like it could be cut down a bit, making the chances of pulling FB's when you need them better. I like Portal, but even with that a well built Gravebone or Elementalis deck might give you problems. Lately I have been beating Elad decks with Boris, and she is faster than Majiya. Personally I would drop poison and flames, right now this looks like a deck built for longer games but unless you are playing a wolf I would think many opposing decks would be too fast for you.

But again, if you are doing well already then why change anything, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    look like total jank on paper. can you explain your seemingly random card choices, like 1x hellstead?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a) build has very poor focus, so as WH said... you not gonna get good draw consistency
    b) Engulf Flames and Poison Gas are a waste and easily removed (also very poor dam:cost ratio)
    c) Increasing number of SK will improve chances of recursion (2nd SK summoning the dead 1st SK, etc)
    d) Eeeeeeeekkkkk... remove all the Extra Sharps (+2 to 1 ally vs Bloodlust +2 to all allies)

Many would encourage you to immediately get back to that 40 mark and start making adjustments
    till you find what works for you... imo, Maj is a very cookie-cutter hero due to limited build variants...
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM View Post
    a) build has very poor focus, so as WH said... you not gonna get good draw consistency
    b) Engulf Flames and Poison Gas are a waste and easily removed (also very poor dam:cost ratio)
    c) Increasing number of SK will improve chances of recursion (2nd SK summoning the dead 1st SK, etc)
    d) Eeeeeeeekkkkk... remove all the Extra Sharps (+2 to 1 ally vs Bloodlust +2 to all allies)

Many would encourage you to immediately get back to that 40 mark and start making adjustments
    till you find what works for you... imo, Maj is a very cookie-cutter hero due to limited build variants...
    My deck has very poor focus because I designed it to beat most decks in the current meta instead of just one deck variant.
    A) the only time I have to worry about drawer consistency really is against eldawen. That deck is sometimes too fast for me.
    B) I run flames and gas only once each cuz I sac them unless facing a wulven
    C)i use that sk trick all the time but unless I have portal it's useless to me. So I'd rather just bring out sk and then aflayer from thr grave and summon same turn.
    D) used to run bloodlust but I find I didn't get the chance to use it unless I was gonna win anyways. With extra sharp I can maintain board control easier because of it's lesser cost.
    The reason I run my deck this way is cuz by turn 3 or 4 I can have board control and then after that I have many options available to me for casting multiple spells in one turn or just throwing out a portal and hella creatures next turn plus sk of course.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    look like total jank on paper. can you explain your seemingly random card choices, like 1x hellstead?
    hellstead is not really for turn one drop as much as it is for situations where I'm one point extra from an ally kill and have like 1 resource left. I found having multiple hellstead isn't as helpful to me. My decks about board control really. Anyways I changed my deck a little and will shortly post.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....1se162.2se048

This is my new make. Since I added more turn two DROPS I figure I might have more creatures on board at once so maybe bloodlust would work better than it did with my other CREATURES. Not sure yet though.