2x Poor Quality/Misplaced
    2x Rain Delay

4x Bazaar
    4x Bad Santa
    4x Rain Delay

Strategy:

Ideal start:
    T1: Kris
    T2: Puwen/Bazaar/Bad Santa (Preferrably Puwen)
    T3: Bazaar/Bad Santa/FB/Puwen
    T4: LS/Oracle/Puwen + Bazaar or Bad Santa

Why Puwen on T2?
    For early pressure, board control and damage.

Puwen and Kris can handle quite a bit of damage before they get wiped out eventually.
    Yes, they are there to chip off the enemy's hp, something that opponents don't feel much of in the beginning of the game.
    By T5, they usually feel pretty confident that the board is theirs. Then there is the wipe.

After which, usually Eladwen is still in almost full hp. While the enemy's hp is usually reduced to around 17 hp. At this point, you usually don't have to worry about how fragile you are, you will usually have enough hp to absorb whatever the enemy will throw at you.

The weenies are in a perfect synergy with Eladwen's lack of early punch. Also, psychologically, these weenies may survive a few more bouts until the other player realizes that there's no Jasmine or Aldon coming out to use their specials on them. It gives that false warning that we aim to control the board, and then we care very little that these weenies die in a nova.

The problem with all mages is the draw. It will be taken care of by Bad Santa, Bazaar and Oracle.

Oracles are very deadly. Even if they don't survive the next round, when they die, you get the usually much needed 2 extra cards (they will prove to be your best next choice if you still don't get any bazaar/bad santa). And the opponent usually kills them as soon as possible too because they want an absolute board control. Against warriors, it's a bit trickier because they will usually get crippled. You will get your reward when you blast that nova on them, obviously.

I have had close matches against warriors, priests and Zal. The warriors take a bit longer because they usually have enrage, and the battle will last a bit longer, and they will be able to cast stronger cards and you can never have much board control, if at all. This is usually solved by stalling the game a bit longer using retreat. Warriors usually require two specials from Eladwen, otherwise usually it ends just before she gets to use it the 2nd time.

Even post-nova, if you can, just summon those weenies out so that they can distract and deal whatever damage that they can. This will usually encourage the opponent to use their resources on an armor... which won't stop the spells. I've had matches where I win immediately after the opponent summons a King's Pride.

Obviously, use all the spells to inflict pain on the hero. Don't be afraid to use Bad Santa even after you've had Bazaar out. Whenever you can spare to draw, draw. You will never finish your cards in a game with this deck.

Any feedback and suggestions?
    Last edited by Lyneth; 10-28-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just a thought if there is no draw engine and Oracle got retreated?

I guess with 4 BS and 4 Bazzar, if u do not get any draw engine..... guess it bad luck then :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha, yup. It's very rare that I see Oracles get retreated though. I tend not to go Bazaar if possible, whenever I have Bad Santa or Oracles. I'm still a bit torn when the best time to use Bazaar, and I'm leaning to think that it's best to use it on T3 instead.

The thing I like using Bad Santa is that it throws the opponents' drawing rate off, whereas Bazaar allows a fair bit more calculation on their part.

If there is no Puwen or Kriss on T2, I'd summon Bazaar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best time to summon Bazaar is always when the opponent has 6+ cards in hand as it mitigates the 'first draw' loss when playing it. I will even play Bad Santa to fill both hands and then Bazaar, if the opponent has 5 cards or more.

Very nice deck!

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm amazed there is no Engulfing Flames and Poison Gas in here. Against most hero this is 2 damage every turn, which is heavy, I think. Then again, I only play SE only 2 weeks or so, I am hardly an expert.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHansje View Post
    I'm amazed there is no Engulfing Flames and Poison Gas in here. Against most hero this is 2 damage every turn, which is heavy, I think. Then again, I only play SE only 2 weeks or so, I am hardly an expert.
    Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames defeat the tempo of the play. They are more for drawn out games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very true about the DoTs. I will include them now and then but mainly only as a "I can't kill them this turn, don't have anything else I want/need to cast and 4 unused resources... Might as well use a DoT!" sort of thing. Versus DC and BFd Warriors they can help if you are stalling for time to draw enough burn, or waiting for Eladwen's ability to charge, but as an early play (when they are most effective as they deal more damage) they will basically equal a -1 turn tempo loss that can set you far enough behind against certain decks that swinging the game becomes nearly impossible. Use with caution.

Frankly I think Eladwen's T1-Kris, T2- Puwen/Bazaar/BS, T3- FB, T4- Use Ability and LS, T5- Nova, T6- 2xFB for a total of (4+7+5+8) 24 and whatever Kris/Puwen manage can be slightly OP as that is almost-dead for most Heroes. Rarely happens perfectly like that, but when it does it's tough to do anything about it. Even an imperfect version is still nasty as T8 or so your ability is recharged and you can cast another Nova and a FB along with it for 13 damage in one turn plus whatever damage your allies can serve. Very few games should last beyond getting 8 resources to use and a second ability use.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How does it fare against darkclaw?
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find that DC has a good chance of carrying Regeneration with them, so it makes Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames rather useless unless you probably carry at least two of them each. And then again, the other T4 alternatives in this deck are: variations of 2 resources cards, 3 + 1 (FB + Kris), Oracles and LS.

LS is actually very good in giving a longer board control early in the game, and Oracle is superb for both giving the added pressure that the opponent will usually go okay have to kill Oracle now (or "waste" CB only to have the Oracle nova'ed on T5).

Actually, it's EASIER to fight against warriors that cast their BF. It's more annoying when they only cast Enrage and especially those who carry Rampage with them. Thus far, I haven't found the need to use the DoTs against warriors, but admittedly the best games end very close (usually Eladwen is left with about 7hp or so). Of course, the closest match I've had was the one where the warrior had 5 hp and I had 6, then I cast a Nova.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    How does it fare against darkclaw?
    A problem. A big problem. Worse if the DC carries EA with them.

The only way for this deck can defeat DC is if I carry GA if they carry some EA, and 4 Misplaced + 4 Poor Quality on me. Unfortunately, most of the time, the 2 Misplaced and the 2 Poor Quality are not sufficient. What will then work against DC, might not be great against other heroes...

Other than that, it can fare very well even against the top-tiered heroes now: Logan, Victor, Zal.