Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.28 Elementalis "AI Prime Grindage" deck

Anybody that knows me or reads anything I say knows I hate 30 card decks and the best part of 1.28 is the 40 card PVP min (nice job devs!!). That said, I thought I'd share a power deck for grinding the AI that will:

1. get you cash fast
    2. kill 2 minutes on the toilet -- if that's all you need
    3. Most importantly, will hopefully prod Wulvun Studios into fixing the AI (and making ALL decks 40 cards min)

Shard decks aren't new, but I seem to be first posting a 1.28 one -- and I'm sad to say none of the new cards from 1.28 made it into this. I picked Elementalis because I'm not using "her" as a competetive Hero in 1.28 and her ability pretty much is only good for weenies which suits rush perfectly.

BTW, you should win by turn 4 or 5 consistently (I can't seem to win before turn 4, probably not possible). Doesn't matter which AI you play against because primarily, among other reasons, the AI will ignore your allies. Gotta love the AI ignoring a 6/1 creature it could easily kill, but I digress...

All talk aside, here's the build and hi-lights for how to play it. You could swap a few similar casting cost cards here and there and it wouldn't matter:

1 Elementalis -- Zal if you prefer, either's fine

4 Spark
    4 Snake
    4 Hell Steed
    4 Flayer
    4 Carniboar
    3 Shard
    2 Blood Lust
    4 Santa

Strateejery:
    1. Ignore the AI allies -- they won't attack yours *cough, Wulven please get a clue and change the programming, cough*. Yes, you'll be scared to ignore the Puwen with your 5/1 guy out there on turn 3 and any real player would kill your ally. But have no fear, Puwen/any AI ally WILL ignore it.
    2. Heroes: Even Eladwen's ability will just target you, not your allies. The only one to worry about is Nish, and you'll probably kill him before he has 5SE. He's actually the fun one to play, it's a race against yourself, solitaire style: can you kill him before he wipes the board? tune in to find out! (spoiler alert: the answer is Yes). Boris can also be apain -- weapon users WILL target your allies, and Sharded 1 Def allies will fall fast. You'll still win by turn 5 but it will be closer if you choose Boris.
    3. Drop as many 1 CC guys as fast as you can, especially if you have a Shard in hand -- sac 2cc guys to get multiple 1CC's out fast, it's a bigger boost w/ your Shard
    4. Jasmine is the only ally you need to worry about -- she won't attack your allies, but she will prevent them from attacking
    5. Don't need item dest, they won't live long enough to drop anything on you like SS

Have fun!
    Last edited by graphlem; 10-23-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't play against Zhanna or ice storm can slow you. Also against mage a T4 arcane burst can be a pain. I used to play against boris with that deck :

4 spark
    4 fire snake
    4 hellsteed
    1 flayers
    4 shard of power
    4 blood lust
    4 shriek
    4 bad santa

Best hand (4 spark, obviously) can be T1 fire snake, T2 hellsteed hellsteed, T3 shard of power, T4 blood lust, and you win the game. Never play multiple spark then shard of power or boris will kill them in one swing with jewelers dream, keep a shriek in hand to destroy a T4 jewelers dream. And kill jasmine, always.

Bug : T1 hellsteed can make the AI crash
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't need Shrieks or other Item Dest; only thing that can possibly give you a problem is Wizent's or JD, and you can power thru them.

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, i just gave my version, it's not a critic of yours... And if you can't win by T5, a shriek can break a jewelrs dream and allow you to attack & keep your creature alive, like i said i used to play against boris, and a T3 jasmine (crippling blow), T4 jewelers dream, T5 enrage can slow you down, that's why a shriek is welcome to win the game T6.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True, no worries Kentuequi I've found for me that the extra four 1/2cc allies instead of Shrieks is enough to plow thru anything the AI will throw at you and won't be a dead draw if they throw nothing at you. Method seems different now; Elementalis's ability keeps your biggest Sharded ally alive despite a weapon.

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still working in v1.5, actually Elementals' grind deck are still the best since the first one posted by AnAdolt for v1.23.

⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱