Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, v1.286 is up on the Android Market. It's been corrected and no longer requires start at boot permission. I think Kyle disabled location ads so no more allowing coarse location revealing either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Okay, v1.286 is up on the Android Market. It's been corrected and no longer requires start at boot permission. I think Kyle disabled location ads so no more allowing coarse location revealing either.

Thank you very much for the quick resolution.

Sorry for the angry post. I just dont take kindly to ads in my notification bar. In app ads are fine but unwarrented ads while I am not even playing the game really sets me off. I will adjust my Rating in the market.

Fast resolution has resolved my trust

Thanks Again.
    Last edited by Apaq; 10-23-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Man, you guys pulled your head out of that guillotine really just in time:

I was just about to post a huge "WTF, have you gone mental?" thread in here, because of this:

After the 1.28 update, I started getting ads in my notification bar = OUTSIDE of any app.
    I had not installed any new apps, and only updated Shadow Era. So, after a little googleing, I found out that there is an ad-delivery system called "AirPush" which allows App-Devs to do just that: Push ads to Android deviceīs notification bars WITHOUT THE APP EVEN RUNNING.
    So I downloaded a little app called "AirPush Detector", and it showed me that the only app I have on my phone with this "feature" enabled, is - much to my horror! - Shadow Era.

Needless to say, that is COMPLETELY unacceptable.
    This is a major invasion into my phoneīs setup, I am more than happy to pay for apps in order for them to be ad-free, and I HAVE purchased Shadow Crystals in the past as well.
    But ads popping up outside of any app (and hiding its origins, by the way - without research and that helper-app, I would not have found out that easily where the ads were coming from!!), that is outrageous.

Luckily, your Android-Devs seem to have come to their senses, as yesterdays Hot-Fix seems to have removed this little piece of "screw our customers sideways"-code.
    I will keep checking back on this after every update, and PLEASE - for your own good and for that of every one of your customers and FANS:

Donīt do anything like this ever again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just experienced one of the out of game ads, and I now understand the outrage. I agree, never do this again. I already buy crystals/ do offers. Do not bug me out of game about.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The ads have been removed in v1.286. As such, we have no plans on bringing them back.

..unless a dev gets really drunk before April Fools and thinks it'd be a good idea or something ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think Aprilīs Fools would be about the only day in the year when this would "only" cause me to uninstall the app, in contrast to also reporting/marking/commenting negatively about it.
    some things just cannot be tolerated, not even in an otherwise extremely good product like SE.
    because if we let stuff like this slide, we would end up with tons of apps doing this, and have our phones look like times square with blinking billboards and shit.

but good to hear that the dev(s) have come to their senses/sobered up and fixed this immediately. really glad to hear.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay so I just did some reading of this thread, and just to be absolutely positive and wanting 100% confirmation, the ads in the notification bar and those outrageous permissions are all gone, and I can re-download this to my phone and play it happily again??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Timmons View Post
    Okay so I just did some reading of this thread, and just to be absolutely positive and wanting 100% confirmation, the ads in the notification bar and those outrageous permissions are all gone, and I can re-download this to my phone and play it happily again??
    Yep
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks CodeDomination!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol yes, those adds were quite annoying..

They didn't push me over the edge like some players, but I suppose I'm mostly passive by nature.
    ~*Pain Is Only A Pulse, If You Just Stop Feeling It*~