Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

The new pack alpha...

Is pure shit. I don't like it. I never did like it.

With all due respect to wulven players, as I play wulven...

I don't use pack alpha.

Now, maybe if it was the ORIGIONAL PACK ALPHA...

You know, the one where the ally hits, draws a card? Like surprise attack is now... I would use that.

I've always been against this change into the current pack alpha. Yeah it gives a temp boost, whoohoo. But I still have to rely on wotf, baaz, bs to draw. You guys screaming about how bad orig pack alpha sucked just makes me so mad.

How do you like it now? How about drakkon, etc? Do you even use it? How well does it work vs ret/cb/cp? How about any other medium? You bloody wulven fanboys wrecked a perfectly good card! Now instead of a cheapish draw engine we have an attachment. That is cost five. And is rarely ever used.

/end rant

Disclaimer: Any posts defending current pack alpha will be ignored. Completely. It's shit and you know it.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wasn't that card supposed to be wulven tracker?
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think so. Either way it's shit. Junk. Crap. Not used!

Wulven decks are fine as stalling but come on. Not all se players like to stall for wins.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What are you complaining about now? It is well established that most players (including dedicated Wulven players) disklike Pack Alpha. At least I always have since it was introduced as a "no hard feelings" consolation prize. People were also supposed to get the card for free if they purchased a Wulven deck, which we didn't. Plague has ranted about how terrible it is many times.

Also the draw engine you were speaking of was Wulven Tracker, which has a new ability now and isn't even a Wulven ally anymore (according to the test server slot in the custom AI section for those of you who wish to read it). This card also generally sucked and somehow it just went away a became what it is now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Eh. I liked tracker as an ally.

Surprise attack is very useful done correctly. With moons ability, tracker would do well too as an ally.

Don't get me wrong though- wulven are pretty strong with their spammable (hey, didn't calmdown say he wanted to go AWAY from spamming abilities? Hmm) abilities, and stall capability. Moon can lock down his side of the field so only burn gets through, and cast willy nilly. It's basically a portal.

I'm really not understanding these hero changes. I mean, it made SENSE for humans to have cheaper abilities and passive abilities. They're not from the shadow! Then there's all the shadow fonts. I mean... I could have sworn calmdown said he wanted to go away from stall decks and spamming abilities. But now everyones spamming them.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes but at the time, we did not know what Moonstalker's ability was going to be. The card alone really wasn't the greatest, most people were undecided about it...then it just went away lol.

The new Darkclaw really needs the Shadow Fonts to be competitive. The game is also a lot faster, stall decks like the old Moonstalker mill deck will quickly be a thing of the past. Most Wulven players turned to that style as a means to win where no other means really existed. I find I rarely use Shadow Font with Moonstalker (I have two in the deck). I just always need to play something else instead to keep/take board control.

I think out of all the decks that have started coming out since 1.28, Zaladar decks make use of Shadow Font like no other. Glad to see more Elementalis decks too...who would have thought?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    elementalis will be around for awhile as a curiousity but they will some realize she is S**t now. and i think Ter uses shadow font a bit more than Zal but it isnt as constant. some decks only use a few items.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    elementalis will be around for awhile as a curiousity but they will some realize she is S**t now. and i think Ter uses shadow font a bit more than Zal but it isnt as constant. some decks only use a few items.
    i disagree, shadow font is not as useful for ter. there are so many other ways that you could go with ter, that shadow font is just simply not needed.
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Elementalis and her ability IS a bit... strange. I personally don't like it so I tend to agree there with caitlyn0.

As for stall decks- it's the only thing making darkclaw so hard to beat. Current moonstalker is pretty nice and is the only wulven I plah, because his ability is fun. Its basically like a birgette lock with lance. Using old protector mechanics.

Wulven has an amazing array of op cards, and has a neat bag of tricks. But no real way to remove crippling from allies etc.

Right now, the meta is basically dominated by darkclaw stall (noob tube really) logan, and the occasional zaladar.

I just don't understand the mindset calmdown has here. He wanted LESS spammable abilities yet introduced shadow font? Huh?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The original pack alpha was a war banner for wulven ally only ? WTF are you talking about ??!
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱